Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 21, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Buds, glad to hear you put some bucks in your pocket today.
RJ, I'm jealous of all the gorgeous cars you get to maintain!
Brittany, hang in there. You have a TON of things going for you. Don't let your temper get the best of you. That's a bad thing. It's a good thing you are getting your 1st check this week.

Side note, I will find out tomorrow about my future at my current place of employment.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Buy your Monte for $100
ha not happening i'm too attached to her

Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

looks like i'm always the last to say hi, oh well, better late than never i guess.. hope everyone is doing good, be back later!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member

lol just sold the tires..guy was looking at reviews and read mine on here lol

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey everyone! im on for a few, but im good and beat, so not for too long, lol.

justin, always nice to have some extra cash, glad to hear you sold your tires.

chris, hows the west end of the state treating ya? im going to check the mailbox tomorrow, ill let ya know if the decals showed up

gonna run up to milford with my buddie to inspect his new - to - him truck, then down to the tool sale. hopefully i have a few to relax, lol.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member

225 bucks richer.... this wont last long.... sprint bill and tabs and poof it'll be gone

Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member

justin, good job on making some extra loot man, does the scort need tires for winter?? be safe man, later

Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member

he you go guys, steelers vs the vikes on sunday

Getty Images
Is this the week the honeymoon ends for Minnesota? The Steelers' defense could coax Brett Favre's bad habits out of hiding

Key Stats:VIKES – 3.9 YPC allowed | 248 YPG passing allowed
STEELERS – 3.8 YPC allowed | 201 YPG passing allowed What to watch for: No schedule reprieve for MIN this week, as it travels to PIT after a physical shootout victory against BAL in Week 6. MIN has had a tendency of producing high-scoring affairs when the game has been at least somewhat competitive – four of MIN’s six games have produced at least a combined 50 points. PIT is the toughest defensive run unit in fantasy, and it benefitted from the return of All-Pro FS Troy Polamalu(notes) from a knee injury in Week 6. No RB has reached the 100-yard rushing mark against PIT in the past 24 regular-season games. You don’t ever consider benching Adrian Peterson, but starting him this week is a grin-and-bear-it exercise. QB Brett Favre(notes) has been outstanding in the passing game for MIN, not trying to do too much and utilizing what the defenses have given him. He’s also figuring out that WR Sidney Rice(notes) is a special talent and a load for opposing CBs. After Rice posted 6 catches for 176 yards in Week 6, that is sure to have drawn the attention of PIT elite coverman CB Ike Taylor(notes). At 6-foot-2, Taylor is built to handle Rice’s size – he’s held Vincent Jackson(notes) and Chad Ocho Cinco, among others, in check this season. I’m putting Rice under the caution flag for fear of Taylor. And PIT has also been good at limiting deep passes, which makes WR Bernard Berrian(notes) an iffy play, if his combined 57 receiving yards in the past two weeks hasn’t already scared you off. I actually like versatile rookie WR Percy Harvin(notes) to throw himself back into the fray this week. No. 3 WRs Johnny Knox and Andre Caldwell performed well against the Steelers, and I think MIN will look for creative ways (read: Harvin) to attack one of the top defenses in the league. TE Visanthe Shiancoe(notes) has scored in 4 of the past 5 games. If you’ve been rolling with him, it’s hard to go away from that kind of production. But, if it’s a PPR league, maybe you consider other options. Back to Favre, my gut tells me that some of his old gun-slinging bad habits will emerge this week. I won’t be at all surprised if he commits more than a couple turnovers this week.
Ray Rice had a couple hot-knife-through-butter runs last week, including the first two TDs by a RB against MIN this season. That said, the PIT running game can’t compare with BAL, and with RB Rashard Mendenhall(notes) giving away a likely 5-6 carries to RB Willie Parker(notes) in a matchup like this one, you have to be concerned if you are a Mendenhall fantasy owner – keep in mind, Mendenhall’s past three opponents (CLE, DET, SDG) all rank among the nine most generous in the league to opposing RBs in fantasy. Mendenhall gets the caution flag in this one. This past Sunday, BAL QB Joe Flacco(notes) proved what I said last week, that the solid MIN pass defense numbers were more a product of its competition to that point than anything else. QB Ben Roethlisberger(notes) could be in line to follow Aaron Rodgers and Flacco as the third QB this season to throw for 300+ yards against the Vikings – especially if MIN CB Antoine Winfield(notes) is out. Of course, the worry is pass protection, as MIN leads the league in sacks and PIT is among the worst at protecting its QB. Roethlisberger might be forced into coughing up the football or making an ill-advised throw or two, but the net result for the passing game should still be a positive for him and his receivers, including No. 3 Mike Wallace(notes) – who has caught a pass of 29+ yards in four straight games (MIN has allowed 24 pass plays of 20+ yards). MIN allows the most FAN PPG to TEs, so red-hot TE Heath Miller(notes) is a hard one to avoid this week. Finally, RB Mewelde Moore(notes) has some deep league sleeper appeal. He got some carries in the 4th quarter last week after Mendenhall and Parker lost fumbles. And his excellent receiving skills could be needed against the MIN pass rush. And, there is the angle of Moore facing off against his former team. Again, it’s a shot in the dark, but one that can be rationalized.
Adrian Peterson, Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward(notes), Santonio Holmes(notes), Pittsburgh Defense, Minnesota Defense Sidney Rice, Visanthe Shiancoe, Brett Favre, Rashard Mendenhall Bernard Berrian, Willie Parker Sleeper:Percy Harvin, Chester Taylor(notes), Mike Wallace, Mewelde Moore Injuries:MIN CB Antoine Winfield (foot) could be questionable Prediction:Pittsburgh 28, Minnesota 17

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 10-21-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member

i've got 2 used but like brand new tires that were takeoffs from work so ill be good...

Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member

good man, i really don't enjoy driving in the snow!!!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 21, 2009