Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 07, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 PM

it should be a customs clearence..and i should have one...cuz i sign off on them..but i dont...hahaha...havent for 2yrs now...im just a loss prevention officer or security guard..but thats all i do all night...its at an office max dist. center..and its not that bad..i work for intrepid det. angency...a little comp. in hazleton who contracts people out..with the expence i have though..i was thinking about getting a govt. job doing this though..prob make more then the $8.75 i make an hr now

Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow dave, you need to do border control or something like that, maybe even port control at JFK or something like that? i do shipping where i work and i know a bunch of crap about customs and containers and ports of export and stuff like that. the company i work for ships almost 50 percent overseas these days and it is a pain in the ***! take it easy dave, i'm out for the night, see ya, thanks for talking

Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 PM
15 Year Member

hey yes todd it does work, thanks, goodnight man, have a good day tomorrow!!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

night. the new blog is up.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM

Hey everybody. Not all is well here in robyn land. I think I'm going to sell the monte. I'm sick and tired of putting money into it every time I turn around. This breaks. Then that breaks. The previous owner REALLY abused the crap out of this poor car. And everything that breaks, is a really expensive fix. First 4G's takes it.

Also, Kevin must have managed to get phone numbers out of my phone the last date he and I were on. I got about twenty text messages today from my friends saying that he's been harassing them, and then of course he called ZACK. Told him a pack of crap, that kevin and I were married (FAT CHANCE!!!) and of course Zack is now no longer talking to me. Well guess what EFF YOU BOTH. If Zack is going to be so freaking close minded and not let me tell my side of the story, well then he can go to hell too. Kevin is headed to lockup if he keeps it up. I once again Hate T MOBILE for forwarding communications from my old phone number to my new one. Had that not happened, I wouldn't be in this position. And of course Zack is an innocent casualty of the daily drama that is my life. All because I wouldn't respond to Kevin's texts or pleas for reconciliation. HE IS SCREWED UP IN THE HEAD. And he crossed a boundary that should never ever have been crossed. And now I'm the one paying the penalty. But those of us who really WERE my friends, understood what was going on.

You all have no idea how livid I am. I'm not in the mood for any of this **** right now I've had a horrible migraine since last night. I fought through work ALL DAY TODAY with that migraine, my car needs a whole new suspension, axle, whatever the HELL it needs to stop this freaking shimmy, I DO NOT NEED THIS.

So opinions. Keep it or sell it. Right now? It could blow up and I would not freaking care one bit. I am TIRED of soaking money into it. There's a reason why I got the car so cheap....

Old 10-07-2009, 11:24 PM
15 Year Member

great video todd, yes, that was great, thanks

Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 AM

.wow robin..what a creeper..lol...but chris..idk..im a full time student, and everything...i dont mind this right now...its 34hrs a week and i cant complain..but i will consider it lol...sigh 5hrs left : /

Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
HA Thats funny, they don't make much for 06-07's! LOL

No, thats why i'm still hoping, if this does not work, I give up. I am so tired of wasting money on things that don't work, and having to re-do them, or throw them away. BUT this one is genuine GM, and was used in the 6th gen Monte's, so i'm thinking it should work. Plus Drewski used it on his 06 3.5L So....

Here is everything i've done more than once on the Monte:

Exhaust- Was not happy with the tips, or sound the first time...paid to have a new resonator, and tips put on. (this was by no means the exhaust shops fault, just me being picky and know what I want, and having to have exactly what I want..LOL)

The Sub/ Amp disaster...That was a $1,000 worth of headace before a sterio shop finally got it right. Yea, first shop F'ed it up so bad, I had to take it to Chevy because my airbag light came on...turns out the idiots wiried the sub and amp by cutting the airbag wire...So it was $585 at chevy (not covered under warranty of course), then the amp they sold me crapped out...All said and done to get everything perfect, it cost me just over a $1000 bucks. (yea should have been about $150-200 since I had the sub already from my Cavalier)...Oh an for those of you wondering why I didnt make the sterio shop pay, go figure, I have every single damn recipt for my car everything from upgrades to oil changes...BUT not that ONE SINGLE one. Go figure, and that was the one time in my life I paid cash, again, go figure...

Strut tower brace ($87 for the first one, $40 for the second, finger crossed it works)...ZZP one touched the power steering line make a whine noise, just ordered ANOTHER different one.

Center caps for my Chromed factory wheels ($496 later I got that right)...I did not like that the new chrome center caps did not have the bowtie. So I paid an extra $186 to have my factory center caps chromed. Well those lasted about 6 months, and the chrome chipped off one of them. So I sent them to a different place to be properly chromed that was $300...Well these idiots put so much copper on the center cap they would not fit the wheel anymore (but they did a good job with the chrome none the less). Of course at the bottom of there web page (buy at you own risk)...They didnt do anything for me. So I got pissed and threw them in the trash after trying to grind them to fit, and them just looking like crap and not fitting right. So what did I do, bought some bowtie overlays to stick on the Chrome center caps that came with the chrome wheels, that cost $10.00, and looks awesome. God if only I would have done that in the first place. But no, I wanted the 3-D chrome bowties...(yet ended up with $10.00 overlays)

Jet chip disaster- $457 totally wasted...

New radar detector- $100 pissed away, guy just took my money and never shipped item (online purchase, private sale).

Oh lets not forget i'm on my second set of aftermarket floor mats too...The Lloyd ones suck! ($300 invested in floor mats now)

So anyway, yea, some of this was my own fault, but The sterio crap was not my fault at all (except that I paid cash, and lost that one recipt)...And the center cap thing was only my fault for wanting bowties on them, and not wanting overlays at first. The rest was lack of quality chroming, and the other place was idiots not thinking about how close fit a center cap is...

I know, this adds up to TONS of money pissed down the drain, I hate even thinking about it.
I've got the front and rear STB's on my SS! You need the brackets from Don Rome

Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
15 Year Member

cully, is there a website for Don Rome for the brackets, just wondering, i have the same but with a 3.9?? let me know, thanks

Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 07, 2009