Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 03, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Read last post of page 2 to understand below
"Since it doesn't matter who I am"

Good Luck 2 all reading the stuff that fell from `Space

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 03, 2010-wish20upon20a20star.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-03-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL

I think I look good with that outfit :P

Maybe I'll use that and have myself a gorgeous weekend

Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
LOL

I think I look good with that outfit :P

Maybe I'll use that and have myself a gorgeous weekend

LOL ~ LOL

Mod `Mike,
I'm not in2 that kinda thing, but 2 each their own
LOL
Glad that one of your wishes came `true..
Nice Fairy OutFit lol
What star did U wish on ?
The Bum's thought U looked `Gorgeous LOL
Thanks 4 help'in me fill `up all the empty space
on the forum

Oh `Mike, make sure next time that U R clearer

on your wishes : ) lol
I have 2 `go now & look 4 a `Life

Wish U a Funny & real wishes that come `true : )

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 03, 2010-cec91d30c8c36f4584d0.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

think my job maybe in jepordy... more on this later...

Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 PM

15 Year Member

I hope nothing is wrong Justin!! keep us updated

Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, I hope you keep your job... we certainly don't need things to get any worse than they already are if we can help it!

Well today I am in a rather offended mood. Here at Campbell University, every Wednesday, sophomores are required to take a required CUW (Campbell University Worship) on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. Usually, half the audience doesn't pay attention (I usually do Greek homework, translating 5 verses of the original Greek Bible to English for the next class period), but I usually pay some attention. Today a man came and told us that we were just setting ourselves up for failure, and how we were basically going to fail for ourselves or fail for God. (he had scripture concerning this where Paul said if he has failed, he has failed for God and not himself) He told us society didn't want us or need us, there weren't many jobs available so we weren't needed, and how society was turning it's back on religion due to people having bad experiences with it (just like the one I just had.)

I sent this message to the campus minister

I would like to comment on the speaker for today, February 3rd, for 200 level CUW classes. I cannot recall the name, but I have to say that I feel offended as a student by this message that he presented us with. His message came from Galatians? (Paul's letter about how his gospel was the true gospel, and warning the church to be wary of false teachers.) Basically, the speaker told us that we were all setting up to be failures. He told us that we were to be failures for ourselves or for God. He told us that society did not want us nor cared for us, and that there were no jobs available for many graduates. He mentioned how many people left churches today and called themselves spiritual but not religious, and how many times, according to research polls, this was due to bad experiences with the church. I feel that his message of negativity only contributed to what he referred to as a negative image of the church and Christians alike. He was very condescending towards the students and our culture. I do not agree with the concept for forced worship in the first place (and I am speaking as a former religion major, now history w/teaching), but to force students who come to a small Christian college to listen to message telling us how we are really just setting ourselves up for failure and how society does not want or need us, I feel is degrading to this school's image, the students, and Christianity as a religion.

Thank you for your time

-Duane Black, Sophomore History w/ North Carolina Teaching Licensure
On the plus side, my last class of the day, Dr. Johnson's American History 1 was canceled. Can't say I'm complaining. His tests basically come from the teachers textbooks data bank of questions and he reads what he thinks are the important parts of the textbooks as his lectures. And those notes are not a reliable guide for the test, the book itself is. O'well! At least one thing went right today!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

what happened at work today

Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well that's not how you park a truck.... I guess the snow can fool anybody if they let their guard down. Be safe out there, Mike!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...But who wants to put on an exhaust while it's snowing and cold grrr

i get to do brakelines in the cold and i dont even get any HP gains from it! lol.

Everyone pray for 60° weather somehow haha
felt like it coulda hit 50 - 60* today in bartonsville. it was NICE for febuary 2nd...

justin, im really prayin that your job remains intact. does this have something to do with that yoda recall?

'an mike, does that mean no $100? sucks man...

me, im in a damn fine mood today, might have a job it's for the vo-tech school, maintaince & inventory, ect... i can get onto the co-op program and get paied to be at the school im sure its not gonna be stupendus pay, but to have someone tell ya they are interested in ya for a position at all nowadays is awsome. so wish me luck on that one

Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 PM

15 Year Member

Ryan how's this weekend looking up there?

I'm thinking of going up this weekend if the snow isn't bad haha

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 03, 2010