Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday August 18, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good morning all happy hump day !!
good to hear about your dad !! Mike

Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Keith!

I just wanted to let everyone know, I just talked to Mike, and he said to tell you all Hi! He is really busy with work today, and all the big bosses are in today, so he probably won't make it on the forum.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all - really busy at work so I'll try to pop in from time to time

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM

I am going to be away for awhile. I plan to still start the blog and try and read up on posts, but need to help my family. Trying to get my stepdad into detox this morning and treatment, and my grandpa is declining rapidly.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Todd, good luck with your family! I hope everything works out for the best!

And thank you for your time and dedication to the MCF/ Daily Blog, its appreciated.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
I am going to be away for awhile. I plan to still start the blog and try and read up on posts, but need to help my family. Trying to get my stepdad into detox this morning and treatment, and my grandpa is declining rapidly.

Hi `Todd,
The words in your many posts reflects the caring person that you are for your family & friends. They are fortunate to have you in their life, as we are in our Monte Carlo Family.

You sure have many tests & responsibilities to endure, but I am sure that you are more then capable of dealing with the many challenges that confront you along your journey of life.

I hope that your step father can complete the program, and return to be clean & sober to contribute to his life & family.

I also hope that your grandfather is without pains as he fades with the passing of time...It's so difficult to watch a love one slowly fade from their human life

We each can only do the best we can when confronted with problems...We wish you the strength to endure, and will be looking forward to your future updates...We shall `pray...

Good Luck to you & yours 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 08-18-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Duane, good luck at school! Hope it's the start of a fun year. A 4.0 would be excellent. But a 3.8 to match the engine in your Monte would be cool too. :p

Michael, glad to hear the new job is starting out well. That was a real bonus that they use the same software. Glad to hear your dad is getting better. That's good news.

Space, I can't thank you enough for everything you do for all of us here. MCF wouldn't be the same without you! 4-sure!

Todd, Thank You! for your dedication and the time you spend with all of us. Your posts are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to when you're able to spend more time with us.

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers for a happy and healthy journey. Life is short, and it's no fun when we can't enjoy it.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

The MCECC site if officially gone......for now. We are planing to set up a weekly chat nite soon. Keep watching as things progress.

BBL. Have to do some errands.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Admistrator Taz
My friend `Lou,
Thank you for taking your time to post your thanks, and concerns for all our Monte Carlo Family Member's...
Space, I can't thank you enough for everything you do for all of us here. MCF wouldn't be the same without you! 4-sure!
, Yes, without `Space, they would be no room for anyone : )
EveryOne needs their `Space : ) LOL
*Seriously, if it were not for people like you, our staff and member's, I would not devote my free time to the MCF.
If the member's knew everything you have done for the MCF, they would be thanking you everyday...

You took on a major task, when you became a Moderator for the MCF & then to our administrator with major duties & responsibilities...

On behalf of our Monte Carlo Family, "Thank You for your hard work & dedication & for being you"...<~4-Sure...
Karma--from the root kri, "to do"--is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny. The word karma literally means deed, but implies the entire cycle of cause and its effects. According to the law of karma, every human action--in thought, word, or deed-- inevitably leads to results or consequences, positive or negative, depending upon the quality of the action.

Karma deals with causality. A specific action leads to a specific result. A positive act will lead to a positive result, hence, to the experience of positive events, may it be in this life or in future ones. On the other hand, negative acts will unavoidably sooner or later lead to suffering. This is the Law of Cause and Effect of itself, because the result will unavoidably correspond to the nature of the cause. For example, if you plant a seed, a certain kind of plant will grow from this. From a bean seed, a bean plant will grow; from an apple seed an apple tree, froma pot seed, a pot plant will grow and not any other kind. The effects of a deed, word or thought, sometimes are immediate but in some cases many days, months, years or lives elapse until the precise time comes about. Space said: "Our good and evil deeds follow us continually like shadows."

One needs to remember that thoughts and words are also considered as karma. To desire is also a sort of action, so you need to be very aware of your bad desires to get rid of them immediately. Negative emotions such as anger, hatred, envy, egoism, jealousy, etc. are also wrongful actions leading to negative reactions--suffering, so we need to keep in mind that each of our physical, emotional, verbal or mental actions has their repercussions in the whole Universe.

Negative thoughts or disturbing emotions might emerge every day within us. This is not a sin, but if you permit those detrimental emotions to abide within yourself, strengthening them through wrongful actions, evil thoughts and iniquitous words, then you will be creating negative karma. Your duty is to get rid of those negative thoughts and foolish and senseless emotions as soon as possible.

You generate around 60,000 thoughts every day so it is very important to educate your mind so that you consistently generate positive thoughts that will lead to positive words and actions.

Not only our actions, but also our omissions become our destiny. The things we needed to do, but did not do, trigger reactions that may develop into events of grave concern. None of us like to suffer and our greatest mistake lies in thinking we need to get through the difficult periods as quickly as possible, not realizing that this experience purifies our soul giving us a chance to evolve at a higher pace. You need to accept suffering with faith, surrender, resignation and humbleness, praying to your creator of all . You need to welcome all circumstances as part of your treasury of opportunity. Many difficulties in your life may draw you magnetically into the valleys of pain in order to shock you out of your old and comfortable grooves into fresh pathways of thought. In every difficulty lies the golden seed of spiritual up lifting change. You gain inner strength and spiritual evolution from the overcoming of difficulties.

A person creates new karma through their thoughts, words and actions. Sometimes it is positive, sometimes negative = "We must give love, to get love"

If you create negative karmas--actions--killing, stealing, lying, criticizing, etc., then you will reap terrible results such as illness, calamities, hardships, or any kind of suffering. The greater the sacrifice and goodness of the action, the greater will be the fruit you receive. Similarly, a negative or mean action, which inflicts pain and suffering to other beings, will bring equivalent results to the doer. For every action, word and thought there will be a reaction--fruit--equal in nature and degree. The Law of Cause and Effect is uninfringeable and no one escapes from it. This law operates in every situation, in every place, at any time within the created Universe, at every level of creation. Peace/Happy ~>`Out 2 EnJoy `Life : )

*pla·gia·rize/ˈplājəˌrīz/Verb</I>
1. Take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own. Some of the above was borrowed by
a weird kid from `Space : ) That's all that fall'in outa my
SpaceHead 4-Now Warning, I'll be back , but will always leave some space for your words/Post : )
I will never take, more then I can give : )

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Wednesday August 18, 2010-alien_computer.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-18-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday August 18, 2010