Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's BLOG: Wednesday 06-24-09

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I thought it was Fettachini, Tomato and linguini.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
FTW = For The Win
Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep

FTL = For The Loss

Get up-to-date with your innerwebs speech :P

Lol `Michael, don't feel bad/lost on web talk/codes etc.
It took me a year to find `out what WTF meant
I thought it meant "Where's the Fun ?" lol

FTW: Freak'in to Weird

FTL: Freak'in To Late

Those BigCityKid's like BlkSheep `Mike R in the KNow
& J.J., is addicted to food, & his posts always makes me hungry : )
for Italian : )
LOL ~ LOL

Peace/Out
EnJoy
Now

Last edited by Space; 06-24-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I thought it was Fettachini, Tomato and linguini.
mmmmmm, pastaaaa ...
my moms makin a huge tray of her baked ziti tonight, really the best ziti i have ever had anywhere, and its stinkin up the whole house, lol. just the smell is makin me wanna gnaw on the keybord, lol.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

We just had left over Spaghetti! Yum!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Ryan, ask your mom when dinner is. Im starvin. Im sure a few other MCF's would like some ziti too, lol. My mom makes awesome lasagnia(spelling?) and your post made me think of it. Now my mouth is watering.

Today was a decent day. I went to the doctors this morning and they think I may have strep throat but the tests were negative. They gave me ammoxacillin to take anyway. I feel fine other than a sore throat so Im thinking its not strep. Trust me my day gets better dont worry.lol. I had an appointment at the radiator shop for them to fix my AC in the monte on thursday. I figured I couldnt wait until then so monday I put some dye and 2 cans of refridgerant in it and drove it around until today. I took it back in to work today and I used one of the guys black light to look for any leaks. I didnt find any after a while of looking so I threw another can in and went on my way. The AC blows real nice and cold now. It took me longer than I thought because I had to fix a crumpled fender on a Jeep for my boss so he would let me use his freon and the lift. Oh well it gave me something to do.
I canceled my appointment at the radiator shop. They thought it was the compressor leaking but it wasnt. Im wondering if they would have just replaced it and gave me the bill. Who knows these days.
I came home to BBQ porkchops and baked beans so that made me happy. Now pandora is playing Pepper radio in the background so Im listening to some Pepper/sublime/slightly stoopid/bob marley. Like I said, decent day.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM

sounds like it. theres nothing like finding out a fix is simple and cheep. knowing some of the shops around here, they would just charge the system and give you the bill for the whole compressor. ill never forget the car my grandparents gave us, the a/c was not working right because a vent was stuck open, so their "nice mechanic" shoved a peice of cardbord over the vent.

btw, just had dinner, mmmmmmm, ziti..... the tray was so big, its gonna last the next couple of days

Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Not much going on around here today. It was in the low 90's yesterday, and today its supposed to be 93...I guess I can't complain though because these our our first days above like 82 for the whole month of June. We've been in the 70's most of it! At least its not humid too...that kills me!
that's the one thing i love about the california weather, is that it's hot but not sticky humid like it is here on the east coast. sunday at the track in the morning it was about 70 ish and i thought it was perfect perfect weather. apparently that's "chilly" to the locals, as everyone was walking around in jackets and i even sold 2 sweatshirts to some ladies that were cold. (for the record, we've NEVER sold a sweatshirt in california!!) i thought it was pretty funny. guess i'm just used to the chillier weather!!

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Hi everyone! I just found out that I didn't get the job that I interviewed with a week and a half ago - I am soooo bummed!
Now I am back to square one. finding a job stinks!
sorry to hear that amy . something will come along, keep pressing on until you find it!!

Originally Posted by skylark65
mmmmmm, pastaaaa ...
my moms makin a huge tray of her baked ziti tonight, really the best ziti i have ever had anywhere, and its stinkin up the whole house, lol. just the smell is makin me wanna gnaw on the keybord, lol.
mmmm....keyboard.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

LOL...see here we ago again, everything turns to food! LOL

Jamie, yea i'm with you, I think it is PERFECT when its in the 70's, and that is how its been for weeks. But 90's get a little hot, but because it is dry, its not as bad. I love our weather though, it perfect more often then not. Is this why we pay 9.25% for sales tax??? J/K!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 AM

california is expensive, that's for sure!! oddly enough though cigarettes there are about half the price they are here... go figure!! my boss had asked me a couple years ago to move out to SoCal to our office out there, but it's just too hot for me and as much as it drives me crazy sometimes i would really miss the snow and cold in the winter. i do like to visit a couple times a year though!! the scenery is gorgeous, i took a ride around ontario/san bernardino/rancho cucamonga friday night (that was also when i found the happy california cows) and i went up into the mountains, the views of the city below are unbelievable. and the views of the mountains in the morning are absolutely amazing. we have nothing that comes close to that here!