Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's BLOG: TUESDAY, June 23, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning (um, I mean afternoon) everyone.

Today is suppose to be a beautiful day of us weather wise.

I finally got the '06 Monte a few minutes ago. Yesterday was a complete waste as far as doing any cleaning on the car. What with it still setting in the corner of the barn. I did get a load of laundry done yesterday. That was about it.

So today I need to get off my @ZZ and get some work done. Need to do more laundry as well. I'm sure Debbie has some stuff she wants washed before we head out for the Monte Carlo Nationals.

I'm going to try and attend a small cruise-in this evening at an ice cream shop norht of here if I can. I've never been to this little cruise in the 4 years it's been happening. With Debbie working less hours maybe I can attend a couple of their cruises now?

(all this is providing Chelsea will let me up? she's snoozing pretty hard right now on my lap)

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM

MCF Educational Post
There sure is a lot of Space out there
4-Sure

What's up in Space
June 23, 2009

AURORA ALERT: Did you sleep through the Northern Lights? Next time get a wake-up call: Spaceweather PHONE.

LUNAR FLYBY: Video coverage of LCROSS's flyby of the Moon is over. Please check back later for video playback and science images.
SUNSPOT WATCH: Yesterday, in a moment of rare extravagance, the sun produced two spots. Today, one of them, sunspot 1022, is fading away. The other, sunspot 1023, is still going strong:

Amateur astronomer Jacob Bassře took the picture hours ago from his backyard observatory in Copenhagen, Denmark. "It is a nice bipolar sunspot with a bushy dark filament emerging from one of the cores," he says.

The magnetic polarity of sunspot 1023 identifies it as a member of new Solar Cycle 24. Its appearance coincides with the movement of two solar jet streams into a range of heliographic latitudes that promotes sunspot formation. No one knows exactly how the sun's deep jet streams boost the sunspot count, but they do. As a result, this week's sunspot activity might herald more to come. Stay tuned for updates.

more images: from Pete Lawrence of Selsey, West Sussex, UK; from Didier Favre of Brétigny-sur-orge, France; from Michael Buxton of Ocean Beach, California; from Peter Paice of Belfast, Northern Ireland

HAPPY MAORI NEW YEAR: Today, June 24th, people across New Zealand are celebrating a new year--the Maori New Year. It's a tradition that stretches back many hundreds of years. To understand it, regard this photo taken at the crack of dawn on June 21st by Andy Dodson of Huirangi, New Zealand:

At the top of the photo we see the Pleiades, known to the Maori as Matariki. "Traditionally, the first new moon after the appearance of Matariki in the dawn sky was taken as the start of the Maori New Year, or 'Te Whetu o te Tau,'" explains Dodson.
Different tribes had slightly different customs. Some held festivities when Matariki was first seen in the dawn sky; others celebrated after the full moon rose or at the beginning of the next new moon. Around Auckland, the Maori New Year of 2009 is being celebrated from June 24 to July 24 with a program of events showcasing Maori culture. At the Te Papa national museum in Wellington, the Matariki Festival is being held from June 25 to July 12.
Details, details... Happy Maori New Year!

Last edited by Space; 06-23-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning All!

Busy Morning so far......Starting the usual Tuesday confrence call! yuck! LOL

Then I have a two hour drive to Sacramento for work, and then I have to come back today too...so i'll be on the road for 4 hours today! In the Monte too...so i'll get a long drive with the new mods.

Everyone have a GREAT day!

Jamie good to see you back online!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Whats up everyone.

I have been super busy this morning. Been doing some running around for customers and hunting down products and such. Just got back into the store.

I one tired MCFer.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hello all, I had a pretty uneventful day. I need to wash silver so I can put the cover on him. It was very hot today and the car cover will cut down the heat in the car a lot (it's going to be hot here again tomorrow).

Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Good evening. I missed the blog today. Didnt even see it. Hope everyone has had a good day. Ive been kinda bored today. Nothing to do here today so I cleaned the house a bit for my mom and detailed the inside of my dads truck. I miss school/work. I used to wish I could sit around and do nothing all day but its way overrated. Ill be working on the monte tomorrow so it wont be so boring. Still trying to get some friends together to hang out while Im off but that may not happed until later this week.

Space, Ive been using my new laptop alot and Im real happy with it. Im glad I bought it so I guess you can say I give it a good review. Looks like you have some stormy weather down in paradise today. Did it help cool things down a bit?

It was nice an sunny here today, about 80 degrees. I should have done some fishing now that I think of it but it didnt cross my mind until just now. I gotta get working on my farmers tan again. Im lookin a little pale after this winter, lol.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:37 PM

Hi `Matt, I'd sure like 2 have your kinda day 4-Sure.
I know I would've gone Fish'in : )
You guys up in PA have a beautiful State &
from some of the pictures I've seen some great area's 2
drive. I hope some day to see every state in person.
That would be a great road trip in a ZR1
New Space Test Pilot for the New Government Motor's
LOL ~ LOL = Dream `Job
Good Luck on MOTM
+____________________________________

RJ.., Drive the LTZ.......EnJoy

J.J> take a break, & get your Monte Clean 4 the Contest
Good Luck

Amy, don't 4-get 2 cover `up Silver ...4-Sure
WoW
EnJoy the miles
4-$ure

Last edited by Space; 06-23-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:10 PM

sup folks....

chillin out watching the cubs game.

hope everyone is well

Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

that is a lot better than watching the pirates, they suck again as usual!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

The pirates are hopeless. I gave up on them years ago. The only team I know of who trades away every good player they get.

Quick Reply: MCF Member's BLOG: TUESDAY, June 23, 2009