Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday June 08, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Amy I most def wouldve done the same thing lol my car isnt even a show car like yours & i'm like if anyone touches my car they are dead! i dont have a gun but id jump out & strangle them
I hear ya Brittany. I park way out in the parking lots, and I hate when the guy pumping the gas tries to lean on my car as he is pumping!!! Mine is my daily driver but that doesn't mean I'm not protective over it. I don't let people near it or in it with food, if I need to transport kids in the back I put a blanket to cover seat first, etc. Tan leather interior shows the slightest scuffs, etc...

Also here is a TRUE story from a few months ago to entertain everyone. I took my Monte to an automatic car wash that you sit in your car and it takes you through. Well, the IDIOT car that was in front of me apparently never did this before and took attendant forever to explain to the person to keep foot off break and put in neutral......sooooo anyway, halfway through, that car in front of me put their foot on their brake and left it there so they weren't moving...but I was barely seeing them as I WAS moving and getting too close for comfort! Almost hit them, had to put my brake on and keep it there to stop from getting slammed into them, meanwhile car in BACK of me isn't noticing that I stopped and they are getting closer! They finally put their foot on brake and we were blowing horn for attendant to stop machine! The track kept lifting us up to try to push us forward as we were staying on the brake. So the attendant stopped machine and went up to guy in front of me who was causing all this, trying to explain process AGAIN! Well, that lasted only a minute because when they got to the end, they just sat there with their brakes on and we were getting pushed forward again! WTF! And I couldn't get out to beat the crap out of them because of the machines around/against my doors. So again after a talk with attendant they finally moved out the exit. I was BOILING by this point! So once I was done they were sitting there at the stop sign and I immediately went to run up to them to go off on them and they drove away as I was on my way to their car. The guy behind me pulled to the side too because he thought he hit me but it was just the track lifting the cars. I mean this was a matter of an inch or 2 before I would have turned into a Monte sandwich! I was so mad and shook up! Why wasn't there a safety thing in that car wash that kicks in if someone stops and puts their brakes on that it stops the rest of the cars from running into eachother??? If I wasn't paying attention in front of me, barely seeing through the soap and washer thingys it would have been a mess! And I would probably have been in jail for assault!!!!!! Ok, I'm done now.

Lisa

Last edited by Montelicious; 06-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
It's just a tiny indentation not worth even considering fixing. I mean, it was just a bump - not a hard one luckily.
even i tiny dent bugs the **** out of me..lol
just do paintless dent removal. it can be done on plastic without needing to be repainted. plastics atoms or whatever are shaped to that style and with a little heat applied they will reform themselfs to that style. and dent be gone!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM

finally finished installing the painted pieces on the monte carlos interior. i had a b~~~~ of a time painting its never been my favorite thing to do but i really disliked the gray in there. now to either find some black leather seats or go to an interior shop to get them rewrapped.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21223

here are some pics of it ^^^

Last edited by JAlva; 06-08-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks good !!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Howdy all.

Don't normally join in the blog, but thought I'd step my game up today.

I hear y'all on the tired front. I am bagged today. Got woken up at 11 O'clock by a phone call from my Wife's dad (I had called him earlier in the day before I remembered he was out of town, he probably feared it was and emergency or something so I'll cut him some slack). Any way, didn't get back to sleep until far to late and 5AM came far too early.

Otherwise, it is beautiful here with the sun shining. Too bad it is gonna rain tomorrow

Looking forward to the weekend, as I have both Saturday and Sunday free to tinker on the Monte while the wife's at work. Think I'll finish modifying my K&N CAI shield (I am determined to show Chibi it can be done without looking bad as he asserted in one of the CAI threads). Might also play more with the interior LEDs and do some paint touch ups.

Only 2 more days (Wait, its only Tuesday! Damn you Enzo for making my think, if only for a moment, that it was Wednesday ). OK, 3 more days... *sigh*

Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dyonysis
Howdy all.

Don't normally join in the blog, but thought I'd step my game up today.

I hear y'all on the tired front. I am bagged today. Got woken up at 11 O'clock by a phone call from my Wife's dad (I had called him earlier in the day before I remembered he was out of town, he probably feared it was and emergency or something so I'll cut him some slack). Any way, didn't get back to sleep until far to late and 5AM came far too early.

Otherwise, it is beautiful here with the sun shining. Too bad it is gonna rain tomorrow

Looking forward to the weekend, as I have both Saturday and Sunday free to tinker on the Monte while the wife's at work. Think I'll finish modifying my K&N CAI shield (I am determined to show Chibi it can be done without looking bad as he asserted in one of the CAI threads). Might also play more with the interior LEDs and do some paint touch ups.

Only 2 more days (Wait, its only Tuesday! Damn you Enzo for making my think, if only for a moment, that it was Wednesday ). OK, 3 more days... *sigh*
Way to jump in here you are always welcome and the water is fine (LOL) Thank you for joining in!!! I wish it was wed also !!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

2 hrs to go then go home eat somthing and take a nap.. rainy days are great for it

Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Afternoon everyone

Right Now

Sunny

98° F
Feels Like: 94° F
Wind: From NNE at 7mph

Today
June 8

Sunny103°
76°

Just got back inside from working on the Jimmy. Th digital dash stopped working so i have decided to get me some Autometer gauges and build me my own set. Got the gear indicator to work. Fixed an issue with the inside door hand.

wow, he ust be crazy to be working in the hot sun. WHEW!!

Other then that, there is nothing really going on.

Amy, that sux about your Monte. People like that should have their DL revoked.

Brittney, i feel your pain. I had to get Paintless Dent Repair on my Monte when i was living in Oklahoma.

JAlva, those pieces look really kewl man.

Justin, you better be careful, you could get arrested for "Just Hanging Out" LOL

Old 06-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
Afternoon everyone

Right Now

Sunny

98° F
Feels Like: 94° F
Wind: From NNE at 7mph

Today
June 8

Sunny103°
76°

Just got back inside from working on the Jimmy. Th digital dash stopped working so i have decided to get me some Autometer gauges and build me my own set. Got the gear indicator to work. Fixed an issue with the inside door hand.

wow, he ust be crazy to be working in the hot sun. WHEW!!

Other then that, there is nothing really going on.

Amy, that sux about your Monte. People like that should have their DL revoked.

Brittney, i feel your pain. I had to get Paintless Dent Repair on my Monte when i was living in Oklahoma.

JAlva, those pieces look really kewl man.

Justin, you better be careful, you could get arrested for "Just Hanging Out" LOL

yeah youre crazy for sure to be out there in that heat. I try to get out there in the morning while its still a little cooler or right before the sun goes down. i was working in the car once and was woken up from my brother smacking me in the face because the heat took me out haha.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAlva
i was working in the car once and was woken up from my brother smacking me in the face because the heat took me out haha.

I've been close to that before.

What part of North Hollywood are you from? I used to go to school in Reseda. Cleveland High School class of 84 ( yea i know, i'm an old fart. LOL).

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday June 08, 2010