Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday January 05, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Morning all. So tired this morning. The dog was up every 2 hours getting sick. Not much sleep for me.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Morn'in Teacher `Todd, sorry you & your dog are still sick
I thought U were going to give your flu bug 2 the kids @ zchool, and not to your best friend (Dog: )...
We wish you a better 4-Sure...Do U have to go to school when U R sick ???? (I did, but I was homeZchooled : )

Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Good morning Everyone, ahh its 2 out & gotta work outside ugh & it was me on Cardomain hahaha jk lol, ill go 5star your rides later to help, no one better be hattin on my ride lol, hope everyone has a good day

Old 01-05-2010, 08:23 AM

I go to school sick. It is easier than making plans for a sub. I will go get some good meds tonight and get the dog and I fixed up.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...Good Mornin `Michael, How many miles on your brake pads/caliper's etc....Sounds like they are worn or lose.....Hope you make it a priority to have them inspected 4-Sure....I luv go'in fast, but have learned how important it is to be able to STOP
Great that you have a great warranty....Keep us updated on what the problem was `ok...

Glad U had a great time with your G/F...@ the Movie's +

Wish U & MEmber's reading this a super `day...
EnJoy
The car has 95,000 miles on it. My pads and rotors have 76,000 miles on them. The rotors have been sligtly warped for the last 30,000 miles or so, but car stops just fine. I just checked the brakes when I changed my oil over the weekend, and the pads have about 1/4inch of material still on them. I can't believe it, I have never had brakes last this long, and still have that much meat on the the pads...

IDK if its really the brakes. The car stops perfectly fine. It seems to make this clunk/ minor jult right around 3-5MPH as the car comes to a stop, only on moderate to hard stops. I'm wondering if its something inside the tranny, or if its a bad tranny mount maybe? I really don't know.

I'm just hoping, and crossing my fingers that I can get the damn thing to duplicate the problem at the dealer. It seems to like to make a lier out of me infront of the dealer. It took me 4 tries before the power steering pump finally made the whining noise infront of the dealer (3 different dealers looked at it). Finally I drove it in at like 4 in the afternoon one day while it was making the whine, and left the car running till a service advisor could hear it, then it finally got the pump replaced. So i'm hoping I can duplicate this noise on a test drive with the mechanic.

While its there i'm going to tell them to look the ENTIRE car over for ANYTHING that could possibly be wrong, or wrong in the future, so it can be fixed before my GMPP warranty expires in 5K (even though I have another warranty after that one expires). Plus i'm driving the car to Missouri and back in Feb, so I want to make sure its ready for a LONG road trip.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Sick as a Dog, or Sick with your Dog
Todd, wish you both a fast recovery
4-Sure.

Hi Justin, wish U a good Day

Michael, good luck & have them check out
your ABS & sensors

Wish EveryOne Warmer Days
4-Real

Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Tomorrow is going to be a weird day for me. I have to go to a warehouse of ours to do an inventory count, so IDK if I'll be online at all... but I should be on at night.

I'm off now though, so have a good night everyone!!!

My g/f is going to Mexico for a week with her Mom tomorrow, so we're doing a little dinner and goodbye thing.

From Yesterday's Member's Blog
The MCF is not the same without
Mod `Mike's daily posts.
Hope he is warm doing his inventory @
his warehouse
I was freez'in last eve work'in
@ my work warehouse & drank 2 much
coffee to stay warm...
Now everyone here is paying the price that
I'm 2 cranked `up on coffee to sleep : )

I'll just sit here until Mod `Mike returns
to fill in some empty spaces : )

Old 01-05-2010, 09:27 AM

10 Year Member

Good find in the Blog Space...I was wondering where Mike was! At least we know he is ok.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 AM

Good morning all! Colder then a well diggers... ice box out there today. Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
hey i can have a full tank anytime i want!!!
Not to mention the ability to peg the speedo while at idle!

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I think I might take the Monte to the dealer today, or sometime this week. It recently in the last week or so started making a clunk noise sometimes when you brake hard.
Remove the dead body from the trunk before you take it to the dealer. Might solve your problem and it'll save A LOT of questions!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
Good morning all! Colder then a well diggers... ice box out there today. Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

Not to mention the ability to peg the speedo while at idle!

Remove the dead body from the trunk before you take it to the dealer. Might solve your problem and it'll save A LOT of questions!
LMAO! Good one!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday January 05, 2010