Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday February 09, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Justin, I just heard about your job...so sorry to hear man. I hope everything gets better for you soon!

Last edited by MAMONTE; 02-09-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

good morning everyone well ima work on my CAI box again today ill prob have some pics up later & good luck Justin on finding another job

Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 PM

...Mod `Mike, Sorry 2 read about your fall & Hurting your wrist...Hope you got it checked by a doctor...I've sprained mine several times doing crazy things, & it took awhile 2 heal...Hope yours wasn't 2 serious 4-Sure....

Also, I seen on the Web Weather report the new front that moving in on your area....Hope that you keep your power...Here in the SunShine we are use to losing power all the time & have a generator to keep a few things running....We take electric 4-granted until we lose `it...Hope U stock `up on food/water etc...just in case...
Wish U a Better & POWER
`Justin, good luck on your ReSume....U can put us all on it as reference's....LOL #1 reference: a kid that fell outa Space : )

JG, look 4ward 2 seeing your custom CAI.....Hope it goes good...

Wish EveryOne else a `Happy....EnJoy your `Present ~> Now
Peace/Out

Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi all. Be careful out there with all the bad weather going on. I probably will be staying at my Dads house tonight cause of the weather. I almost got run over by a garbage truck driving to work this morning. I was stuck behind some jerk that was driving too slow and the garbage truck was behind me riding my ***. He accelerates to pass me on the left and sped by splashing my car with a ton of slush - I was soooo pissed!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Hi `Amy, I'm sure your father will enjoy your visit...I know it has to be crazy out there driving in the cold icy weather Glad that the garbage truck didn't hit you, and just slushed `U :p

I've learned there can be a `High Cost $$$$ to own & drive a nice car like the Chevy Monte Carlo, and try to keep it in top condition.

Many don't seem to respect nice/clean owners vehicles. I've learned when you have a super nice car, you have to protect it. and devote a good deal of time maintaining and keeping it clean.....
Choosing the right roads to avoid the dusk,gravel, pot ~*hOLES, The sand from the beach, etc... Yes, there's a price 2 pay to keep your ride in top shape & showroom clean.....I'm sure U can relate...

Then you have 2 worry when you have to be away from it, especially if it's left at a public parking area Oh `No , but thankful when you return/examine & find that there's not dings/dents/ or stolen parts : ) All for the love of your Monte Carlo : )

That's `all that fall'in outa my emptySpaceBrain 4 `now...

Hope everyone is comfortable & has POWER ie Electric : )
Peace/Out.....Oh, ....., go check on your Monte & make sure it's `ok

Old 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Then you have 2 worry when you have to be away from it, especially if it's left at a public parking area Oh `No , but thankful when you return/examine & find that there's not dings/dents/ or stolen parts : ) All for the love of your Monte Carlo : )
I'm having that panic attack all day. I had to park it in a spot that I usually don't park it in because of how snowed the streets all are!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

lol I WANT ONE

Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
I've sprained mine several times doing crazy things, & it took awhile 2 heal...Hope yours wasn't 2 serious 4-Sure....
Lets keep it appropriate space!! ha ha
And Mike I hope it gets better. So I'm gonna look over my car tonight, I hit some huge potholes and screwed up my alignment and/or knocked off a wheel weight. I think its gonna fall to pieces after 80!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Mike sucks about the wrist. If it makes you feel better I tore my ankle up pretty good and pulled a muscle in my quad this morning. I was half awake heading out to feed the mini horses at 5:45 this morning. Stepped off the deck and rolled my ankle all the way over. I have been hobbling around all day.

Space the gauge cluster is for the Monte. It was having problems before I sold it. I ordered a new cluster for a $100.00. I was going to pay for it until I found out how much money my parents are getting back in taxes. Let me tell you. It is disgusting. lol

Old 02-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, while we are discussing injuries...

When I was about 10 years old I was dragging a welder across the yard for my dad wearing a pair of shorts and tripped and fell across a piece of rusty metal.... I had scars on the back of my legs for about 3 years.

When I was 5-6 in first grade, I crashed my bike and went over the front of the handle bars. I tore all the skin on my chin off, good thing I was wearing a helmet or it would have been my whole face. I blame that on why my chin is so large today, it was swollen so bad when the skin grew back and never went down.

And most recently, I was at church camp in the summer between 10th and 11th grades (so nearly 4 years ago now) and we had this tug of war thing where we had to get into these tires and pull each other... well I was pulling and my opponent poured on a burst of energy while my foot was sideways pushing and I just rolled all the way over it. Well I walked away fine, but later that night it swole up and hurt more and more, and I couldn't walk 4 hours later. I hobbled for a day or so and by the end of the week I was walking okay. I had to give up running in favor of walking for exercise for about 2 months to let it fully heal. For about 6 months or so every so often (at first several times a day and later on once a day, then a few times a week, then a few times a month, and now mostly when I'm driving), my right ankle would stiffen up, pop, and I'd be fine. Now it doesn't really stiffen up but sometimes, when I'm driving, and move from the gas to the brake (usually gas to brake, sometimes brake to gas), it will pop, not really hurting, but I feel it, and it doesn't get stiff, but I am always reminded of that day at Wingate University with Passport Camp!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday February 09, 2010