Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Thursday October 28, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Man! That's not good at all Budsjlm... What are the new plans?
Craigslist it for 200 obo i'd take $100 if bo bites i'll donate it, going to car pool with the wify and just save up for somthing sad thing is we'll probably be around the 1-2g area in about 6 mon... but i supost tax time is only 2-3 mon away may be in the 3-4g then hmmmm maybe a 6th gen with a little extra saving

Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 PM

I am impressed. On the way back from Trick-or-Treating, we stopped at Wal Mart because the wife had to pick up a few things. So I'm sitting there in the car, playing with the stereo (not too loud since my youngest was in the back seat asleep), and I notice this guy in my rear view mirror get out of his car and start staring at the Pace Car. After a minute or two, his wife came out of the store and I can see him talking to her and pointing at my car. They started walking toward the car. I put the window down and hope they're not serial killers and find out he has a nice '87 LS with the 305. He said he'd only ever seen one other blue Pace Car in the area, so he had to check mine out. Nice way to end the day. I mentioned this somewhere before, but I think this car gets as much attention as the triple black '73 Charger I used to have! I know its sharp, but I didn't expect this much interest.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Justin, I sure hope some good fortune and luck come your way soon. Thanks for reminding me tax time is coming up. Refunds are good.

Mod Mike sucks about your MAF.

On a positive note, I am meeting with the mechanic to try and figure out some firmer prices and the camaro may go into the shop in the next 2 weeks.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 PM

Nice... I would like to try getting the "pace car" graphics in black on my car... but idk if it would be possible without spending money on knock offs.

It always feels good to have someone check your car out. Kinda like saying "good job" only in a subtle way. I have many (more mature in age or just mentally) people look at and comment on my car. The younger ones around here drive hondas and believe if its not japanese, id doesn't run. But that's the true beauty of owning a monte. We all have the brotherhood and kinship, and only TRUE car enthusiasts can appreciate it.

Budsjlm, its good that you're looking at selling the mystake, imho, they handle nice but other than that, they are junk... I loved my contour, but realized after getting rid of it that it was the worst investment I made buying it. Good luck toward saving for the sixth gen. A friend of mine found a bunch of 5 and 6 gens 'round here for less than 2k