Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Thursday November 05, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
brian that pritty good man ...apparenty the mice really like that japanes wiring so they changed up to cats so you don't have yo feed them like they did the squarls
OK funny story time since I'm sitting in the office bored out of my mind. A few years back worked with a fellow and we had that friendly GM vs Dodge battle going (me with a 01 Sierra, him a 01 Ram) One day it seemed a squirrel had climbed up into the engine compartment of his truckat his house and when he got to work it sort of was hanging out from under the truck. One of the women at work used to work for a vet so we got it out and she tried to save it but to no avail (not the funny part) BUT from then on everybody ribbed him about his truck being at 1/2 power.

OK that's my story everybody back to work!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL...Good one Brian.

Good Morning Everyone...Hope you all have a great day!

Busy day yesterday, but I got most of the things I needed done. I just need to finish up my paper today sometime. Changed the oil last night in the Monte, so I was happy I got that done before I head up to Reno tomorrow night.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Good to hear I'm not the only one suffering, the pain comes and goes just below the left chest (nipple) sometimes pretty intense but I've had a stress test (married twenty years..battle tested) a ekg so it's not the heart. blood work which shows I'm chemically ballanced...a little low on the white blood cells so I need to hydrate more but it is associated with chronic heart burn ( not acid reflux tho) Keep in mind I don't drink nor smoke.....two years ago I tore my left rotocuff and required surgery, I prefer not to use any pain pills so I started useing alleve (generic brand) daily to keep the inflamation down during rehab and have continued to use it when stiffness gets the best of me. I've stopped all asprin and anti inflamitory pills and have been taking nexeum which even with insurance is a pocket buster...30 tabs $59 after insurance picks up $140, over the counter prilosek is no better at half the strength its a good thing all you youngsters and your children will be picking up my cost on that soon enough...Of course under the new H/C reform. Like my wife says we'll get it figured out after the autopsy , not to worry! Jarhead

Last edited by jarheadbobandmax; 11-05-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

haha sounds just like what I go through. Fortunately it's not often for me, maybe one very painful attack that last 5 minutes every other week??

I currently don't take anything for it, just allow it to pass when it happens.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Ditto on the pain. I was told that it was a shift in the diaphram lining, or something like that. Takes your breath away!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Whats up everyone.

Been busy working on some stuff. Made a basket for a neighbor today and did some shipping.

Jarhead, sorry to hear that they cant figure out whats wrong man. Sometimes it makes me wonder if what they are really doing it using a patient as a quinea pig so they can learn what works and what doesn't.

Justin, thats crazy about the cats man. Maybe its an opportunity for you man.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

evening everyone, hope everyone had a decent day, JJ you looking for a good shipper? i know one if you are? hopefully your business picks up and you can hire yourself a good shipping person(me)

jarhead, mike and wayne take it easy with the pain issues, sounds scary.

me, i'm just trying to get the new commute issues figured out due to the work site being moved? and i must say, i really don't like driving at nite and in the rain, but it will be snow soon, so i'm sure i'll be even more hysterical. see ya

Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Someday i might need one. I Hope!!

Dont you just love having to learn new routes? LOL

Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

evening, everyone. long day today, lol. we got a nice rain, i guess because the weatherman said sunny all week. i went with my buddie in his truck down to the store to kill some time, & the damn thing poped a rear brakeline... in the rain! AND the wipers quit. no fun lol. and our busses at tech got held up because a kid in the class next door passed out & had to call an ambulence.

oh, i wanted to mention, justin, we got passed on rt 80 by a brown... i wanna say an older international semi with a sleeper. with MN plates, hauling a trailer for a company based in st. paul (?) MN. first thing i thought of was your pop-in law to be. hope he is having a smooth run

chris, i saw what you had about the blizzak tires in yesterdays thred, i just noticed the wheels i got for free have 2 decent ones mounted on em, lol. i would say they are a good tire, they sponser this event which is just too cool, IMO. would be awsome to run in a 5th gen!

http://www.icerace.com/
the blizzak tires sponser the street legal unstudded class:
http://www.icerace.com/sl.htm

Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ryan, that is a cool site, thanks man

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Thursday November 05, 2009