Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Sunday November 08, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

todd, glad your back, hope you get some much needed rest sooooooon!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i get to sleep in tomorrow. we have conferences the next 2 days at school from 12-8.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM
15 Year Member

good for you todd, sleep is the key word for you right now! me on the other hand have a vaca day tomorrow and very happy to have a day off. but things at my work are getting very screwy for me, i'm in a huge funk right now! i almost have ten years in where i work and i feel 100 times more insecure with my job? getting very scared about not having a job, i have absolutely no confidence in myself and i hate it. if my boss calls off, i have to cover for him and i feel as though i will not be able to perform his duties along with my own, it sucks! i am certainly faced with not having employment soon! i hate it, my mom is not in the best of health and it scares me very much! i need some help soon, i'm scared!! i don't know what to do anymore?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM

Chris... I know what you're feeling. I go to work, and there are people that well, let's just say "aren't at their desks" anymore. I think they're firing the people that have been there the longest (but those veterans are usually the ones who don't do things the way the the company wants them done because they are so used to the way they "used" to do it??) there's nothing about seniority or security ANYWHERE these days.... I try to just put my nose to the grindstone and be the best I can be....

Sorry I haven't been around much myself, I've been going thru a lot and a lot of changes too my work schedule changed, been trying to get this divorce straightened out, been getting screwed around by guys and stood up for dates. It's pathetic.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chris the key is to learn as much as you can. It is never to late to learn. Never be afraid to ask to know more and learn. Knowledge is power and creates security.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
15 Year Member

thanks robyn, i understand, it sucks! where is space when you need him with his great advice/outlook on life? i'm scared for what the next couple weeks are in store with me?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
15 Year Member

todd, i can give advice, but can't take it for the life of me? thankyou for being a friend todd, it means alot!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 PM

me too. i have to stop focusing on helping the customer (really and truly helping them because i apparently talk to much) and just getting this one issue fixed. What pisses me off, is when we get people that call in because they've unplugged everything. Help me fix it... here's a clue moron...DON'T UNPLUG IT!!! Jesus. that's where your 30 minute phone calls come in, because some moron disconnected MY system. My installers have it that way for a reason, DON'T MESS WITH IT.

And then you wait for them to wire fish....and find buttons... and oh crap I broke this little part... well guess what, your warranty doesn't cover CUSTOMER DAMAGE.

Or the ones that call to complain about a cancellation fee. Hey idiot.. it's in your contract. Read what you're signing. And if you can't afford it, don't sign up for it. What you pay in a cancellation fee is what you could have paid for quality programming. But then people don't pay it, and we turn them over to collections... and they still don't pay it so what's the point of collections agencies except to harass the clientele? They can demand payment all they want but if the client isn't going to pay well guess what you can't get blood from a turnip...

Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 AM
15 Year Member

thanks todd and robyn! for now i'm to bed, i really appreciate your help, thanks, goodnight everyone!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Chris just keep your head up man life is tought right now...there is more uncertainty than one can truely handle... jobs/relationships/family alot of it we have no contol over.. you just have to be

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Sunday November 08, 2009