Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Sunday November 01, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats to Tim aka Jarhead on a much deserved win in the Monte of the Month Contest. Congrats also to Chris and Michael on some great cars. You are winners in my book.

Hope everyone has a restful sunday.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Last night there was a Intimidator sitting outside the bar in my town, so I left a not on the door that said "www.montecarloforum.com"

Old 11-01-2009, 03:19 PM

I leave notes on the windsheilds of montes i see in my town.... I saw like four of them in the walmart parking lot last night. don't ask me what i was doing there.

had a really crappy halloween, i had to work, we had trick or treaters walking thru our call center making noise while we were on the phones... could barely hear the techs calling in to close out jobs and activate people. I can't tell you how many times I was repeating myself. Good move. Not.

Also got stood up again, only this time I'm much more aggravated because I drove fifty miles out of my way and wasted 1/4 tank of gas. Jerk.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

well, we just got back from the regalsville show, it was fun as always, but unfortinitly had a tiny turnout compaired to the last couple of years, where the showfeild was packed before sunrise. this year, only 1/3 of the feild had cars, and only about 1/2 the vendors of last year... the weather was looking kinda crapy, probibly why the small turnout, but like always not a drop of rain fell, and the smaller showfeild allowed me to get pics of alot more of the cars out there. i will upload them when i get a chance to coypy them to my puter

i also picked up 3 extra aluminum wheels for my monte, 2 had decent bridgstone blizz-something or other tires & z34 red bowtie centercaps, the third is a decent roller or spare wheel, tire was done & it had a scuff across the finish. and i also got an extra donut spare. all for free again, im going to get some pics for everyone

on the way home, we stopped at the local diner & got breakfast... at 3:00 pm, lol, and inquired about the '84 ish el-comino that sits in the feild behind the place as a possible project for my lil brother. its in ok shape, needs an interior & patch panels on the 1/4's, but the sheetmetal is mostly straight & solid. it has the same front clip as justins car. again, i got pics for everyone

jarhead, i meant to post earlyer, congrats on MOTM!

ok, im out for a lil while, got some stuff to take care of, ill try to get on later.

later everyone!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats to Jarheadbobandmax, Tim, on his MOTM win!

In my travels today, I found a black 6th gen Monte Carlo SS inside the yard of a local junkyard. They're closed on weekends. But this car looks like it was dropped off at the end of the day friday, and hadn't been processed yet.

It caught my attention because of the wheels. It's got the 16" diamond cut SS rims (dull finish -- not the chrome rims from the Intimidator Monte). Was thinking about making an offer for them, and using them for winter time.

But the car looks like it may have rolled over, and two of the rims look like they may be damaged. Something else that I looked at was the trunk spoiler. It's the 6th gen "race inspired" spoiler, and it looks like it may have survived the accident.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

hi everyone, i've been kinda MIA lately due to being sick and the move at work. hopefully things will get back to normal this week. hope everyone had a great weekend and also some halloween fun. see ya for now..

Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi all - just checking in. I took some new pics of Silver today after I washed him. I spent another 2 hours raking and sucking up leaves - another 3 bags full. We have one more tree that has yet to drop it's leaves. At least it looks like this up coming week will be sunny - kinda sick of all the rain. We had pretty many trick or treaters yesterday, but not as much as the 2 previous years.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Hi Chris and Amy!

Chris... Hope you get better soon. Sucks to be sick. I went through it a couple weeks ago.

Amy... Can't wait to see the new pics. Got plenty of leaves on my lawn too. I plan on going over them with the lawnmower. I hate raking and bagging leaves.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

So do I! The city that I live in decided to cut out free leaf collection this year so I am stuck bagging all of the leaves - YUK!!!! I think I already went through 10 bags of leaves, and that is with them mulched up by the leaf vac.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Mods or admin, can someone please approve my thread. Since when did new threads need approved anyway?

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Sunday November 01, 2009