Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Sunday June 06, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Teacher - love the fat fendered Ford. Check out the wrap around rear window!

I gave the car it's bi-weekly washing. Used Meguiars honey gold car soap (don't know what it's really called..) and the same brand of purple wheel cleaner. I left the animal skin chamois behind and switched to a microfiber towel that's sold at Costco in a set of car care cloths. Works just as good, but can be put in the dryer afterward.

While out grocery getting, I spied this nice 77 (?) MC in the parking lot:

Has to be more than an ordinary Monte driver, they care enough to park far away from the rest..

Hope the weekend was cool to everyone - another week of warehouse pain lies ahead in 15 short hours!

Last edited by Barovelli; 06-06-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: grammar - whoa
Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

so, me & my dad went to hazelton to harry's you pick it and bought a ton of stuff for our montes, and we gotta go back for more. got a bunch of interior peices, the entire trunk liner, package tray with the sound deadiner, door panels, gonna go back for some leather seats, i got a cargo net for my trunk, but the best find was the spoiler i got for my car. its just the basic spoiler that sits down against the trunklid ( not a brickyard in sight, sadly ) but its already the same exact color as my car and its in awsome condition. got it for $20 the car it came off of was a '99 Z34, the car was in a BAD fire and the spoiler was the ONLY undamaged peice on the car i could see. burned so hot, there is no glass, interior, and it MELTED the wheels off the car. there were mabe 15-20 other 5th gens, i found 2 6th gens that got wrecked hard ( both black, one SS and one LS), 3 4th gens, a 3rd gen like the one above, and a TON of 3.8 N/A engines just begging to come home for a swap... only $100 for a compleate V6 that's for another trip though.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

evening all went to the car show some cars there but we went towards the end so we didn't have to pay droped a bunch of cards in peoples cars, got home and my buddy rick called me saying he's got a suprise for me, i drop by and it's a vac advance dist base for the monte so now just need a gasket kit!, a carb adapter plate for my edlebrock, and he's hooking me up with some non emissiom maniforlds that have like 2 feet of pipe so just gatta trow some more on em and some bombs then it shal be runnin!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

woo woo! can see the lil bit of my budy's 85 mc

Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Brock, What's so Good About `it ? Post & let us know...
Look what I got & you `don't

See how lucky you are to have a Award Winning Monte Carlo, instead of a converted Human Space `Ride : ) LOL
Wanta `Race What LOL
I would but I'm outa SpaceFuel : )
Oh, just filling in the empty area's of the forum : )

It's your turn Yes, you reading this.....
We will wait 2 see what you post Hurry, I have to go ______________,,,,,ZomePlace..... I think

Been there -

Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

My pic of the day, my sisters subaru broken windshield from a baseball!

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 06-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by skylark65
so, me & my dad went to hazelton to harry's you pick it and bought a ton of stuff for our montes, and we gotta go back for more. got a bunch of interior peices, the entire trunk liner, package tray with the sound deadiner, door panels, gonna go back for some leather seats, i got a cargo net for my trunk, but the best find was the spoiler i got for my car. its just the basic spoiler that sits down against the trunklid ( not a brickyard in sight, sadly ) but its already the same exact color as my car and its in awsome condition. got it for $20 the car it came off of was a '99 Z34, the car was in a BAD fire and the spoiler was the ONLY undamaged peice on the car i could see. burned so hot, there is no glass, interior, and it MELTED the wheels off the car. there were mabe 15-20 other 5th gens, i found 2 6th gens that got wrecked hard ( both black, one SS and one LS), 3 4th gens, a 3rd gen like the one above, and a TON of 3.8 N/A engines just begging to come home for a swap... only $100 for a compleate V6 that's for another trip though.
Did the 6th gens have black interiors?

Old 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM

ouch!!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

the LS had the cloth, but the SS had the black leather.... or more like what was left of the black leather. that car got hit HARD, and also looked to have cought fire right near the master cylinder, which spread onto the dash on the drivers side. there was not much salvageable sadly. i think i took a pic, i'll have to upload it sometime soon.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Damn, thats too bad. Thought I would be taking a ride from Jersey for some interior parts.....

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Sunday June 06, 2010