Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday October 19, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

ok people. the decals or on their way. So everyone should get them by wed/thur.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks JJ! I will put them either on my side sail panel windows or my rear... can't decide. It's pretty sunny here, thinking about spraying all the rain water off my baby and drying her down... no sense in waxing her, I did that two weekends in a row with that quickwax. Pretty good easy to use not so messy stuff... I am pleased with the results.

So I found out we're moving... probably not so soon because this house needs work to get it up to our standards, but I'm picking out a new color scheme... I wonder if I should go neutral on the walls and floor in my bedroom so that way any sheets and etc that I buy will match. I'm really digging the whole tiffany blue / chocolate brown thing tho....

Old 10-19-2009, 02:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just do an accent wall. Cheaper and amazing if you do it right

Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Yeah I could do the back wall by my bed the chocolate brown and the rest of the room a creamy beige or even the wall where my computer desk will be... because brown DOES go with pink AND the tiffany or powder blue. The sad thing is I now have to remeasure my windows, and remake the blackout panels that I already made. The good news is since I have a sewing machine now I can also buy just about any fabric I'd want, put a straight hem in it and have curtains.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey, everyone! i just got in, i had a very uneventfull monday, just math at home school and helping teach the juniors the parts programs at tech. ultra- uneventfull.
im just going through a lil seperation anxiaty with my dad taking my monte to work, not that im worried about him messing it up, 'caus i know he'll baby it more than i do. im sure he did fine

jj, thats awsomeness to hear, thanks. ill need to thank chris when he gets on, too

mike, glad to hear you got your rotors. when are you planning to get em on?

robyn, you ought to paint the entire room a very soft blue (robins egg? lol) and just do the brown for most of the fabrics. that way if you get sick of brown, you dont really have to paint again, because there are plenty of other things that could look good with the blue.... but dont listen to me, im happyist with my 1970's wood paneling, lol. no taste at all, lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
mike, glad to hear you got your rotors. when are you planning to get em on?
I got my new (used) rear calipers. I haven't ordered the rotors and stuff yet. Once I get all 4 calipers in (just waiting on the front 2) gonna clean them up, get a G2 Paint Kit, and have some fun. Hopefully I like how it comes out. Then I'm gonna buy the rotors+brakes and put it all on probably thanksgiving vacation.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM

Ryan, that's the color my bedroom is now. A very soft icicle pale blue almost white. I hate it. LOL. I would do the whole room a creamy color, almost maybe even a lemon chiffon or buttercream, and do ONE accent wall that way it will go good with ANY color I pick, hot pink, etc. Or I could go the whole stark white route, and do the zebra print and hot pink (or red). Oh Yea. LOL!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

what is this place turning into, the freaking decorating forum, geeez, you people kill me!! whats next cooking?? fashion, please stop with the decorating, leave it to the ladies!!!

oh well, just had my say, nothing else going on here, weather was 58 and tomorrow and wednesday gonna be upper 60's with possible shot at 70, gonna be nice before the s-word starts, see ya all later sometime...

Old 10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hows it going, chris. i agree, if we are not carefull with all this decorating talk, martha stewert might show up & shank one of us

well, i spent about an hour vacuming & cleaning the interior of my moms trooper, it came out good, and my dad just rolled in with my monte... he's liking that car, lol. he's like "its got heat, i can see with the headlights, its comfy, im crusing along at 70 at 2 grand, it stays in its lane like its on tracks, there are no misterious breezes coming through it, and the tires dont hum"

i have some things i need to go take care of, im gonna be on & off tonight

Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ryan, glad the monte made it, talk later sometime??

by the way where is justin today?? he wasn't around much yesterday either!!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday October 19, 2009