Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday October 12, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 06:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kokopelli
Today was a typical Monday. Hard to get into the "fall" spirit when it's the mid 80s to low 90s... Wish I could afford to move out of Florida.

On a lesser note, my dad told me the only option available for the return of his brain tumor, which is malignant, is chemo. No more surgery, no more radiation. I'm trying to be positive about it, but I know the reality of the situation. So now we're back to the waiting game. It was hard in '04, and he had better chances of success. Now, it seems not so much. Just sucks royal a**.
My grandpa has been going through chemo so if you have any questions about it let me know. I will keep him in my prayers.

Old 10-12-2009 | 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
LOL.

Thanks guys.

Ironic part is, I've never used the word "Eh" in my life. Even worse is, I can't ice skate. Some Canadian I am huh? :p

And "aboot" is something I wear on my foot in winter.
Happy turkey day Eh!

Old 10-12-2009 | 06:30 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kokopelli
Today was a typical Monday. Hard to get into the "fall" spirit when it's the mid 80s to low 90s... Wish I could afford to move out of Florida.

On a lesser note, my dad told me the only option available for the return of his brain tumor, which is malignant, is chemo. No more surgery, no more radiation. I'm trying to be positive about it, but I know the reality of the situation. So now we're back to the waiting game. It was hard in '04, and he had better chances of success. Now, it seems not so much. Just sucks royal a**.
I'll keep him in my prayers also. We're like family here.

Old 10-12-2009 | 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Kokopelli, it can be very taxing having a family member going through cancer treatment, but you & your pop hang in there, you and your familys are in everyones prayers

oh, taz, happy thanksgiving, man.

it also happens to be "moment of frustration day", "old farmers day", and "cookbook launch day"
----------------
When : October 12th

Moment of Frustration Day is truely a frustrating day. We believe one of the most imporant reasons for today, is the opportunity to let your frustrations out. If you are not frustrated, count your blessings. Don't use today to add to your frustrations. And whatever you do today, don't find new things to be frustrated about.

Are you frustrated? 'Cmon, let it out! We've got some suggestions on how to ease that moment of frustration in a harmless, healthy manner. Here are just some of them:

Go for a walk When faced with a frustrating situation, walk away from the situtation. Time and distance, will often help to eliminate the frustraion. The walk allows you to think about how to resolve it.
Take it outside and yell. Go out the back door, and do a little yelling. We suggest you do it away from others. Afterwards, you will feel much better.
Let your feelings out... If you need to cry, then cry.
Think.... consider what will ease or eliminate those frustrations. How can you resolve the problem?
Talk... let your feelings out to someoneyou can confide in. If it's a frustration about a person, talk with them. Let them know how you feel.
Seek help. Use a frined, a family member, or a professional to help you.

Important Note: We encourage you to let your frustrations out in a constructive way, but never in an angered way. Rather, use this day to release frustrations and anger in a safe and sensible manner. Also, drinking and drugs never solves things. They can only make matters worse.

Here's wishing you a very Happy Moment of Frustration Day. As an old song goes, Don't Worry, Be Happy!

----------When : Always October 12th

Old Farmers Day honors the hard labor of farmers throughout American history. Early American culture was heavily a farming culture. Early settlers cleared fields and pristine woods, to farm the rich land. They brought seeds and farming methods with them. They found new seeds, and learned new methods along the way. Many of those new farming methods came from Native Americans, who were already farming the land. Most notably, was the concept of hilling, or mounding soil.

The month of October is a very appropriate month to celebrate and honor farmers. At this time, the harvest is largely complete. It means that farmers can take a break from their labors, to enjoy this celebration.

A farmers' work is long and hard. It certainly doesn't make a person rich. It has its good years, and its bad ones. There is no guarantee of a good crop. Weather, pests, and disease problems often prove disastrous. But, through it all, farmers have persevered. And, their ceaseless hard work sets an example for all.

As Americans, we tip our hat to all farmers for their contributions to American culture, values,society, and the economy. Happy Old Farmers Day!

--------------
When : Always October 12th

Cookbook Launch Day is a little known day designed to launch a new cookbook. Schools, churches, clubs and a wide range of organizations ask members to donate a recipe for creating of their own cookbook. Working with a publisher, they put a neat cookbook together filled with cherisehd recipes, and publish it for members and friends. It is often used as a fundraiser.

Creating and launching a new cookbook is an exciting event. There's always a few new recipes to discover. And, it encourages us to try new foods on family and friends. Cooks will tell you that you can't have too many cookbooks.

If you've never been a part of launching a new cookbook, use today to get the idea started in your local group. We also suggest that you use today as a good excuse to buy a new cookbook. While you're at it, buy an extra one for a friend!
--------------------
hope everyone had a good day, seems we had at least 5 holidays today!

Old 10-12-2009 | 08:47 PM

Thank you again guys for your thoughts and prayers. It definitely is taxing on the family. His name is Joe, since I know RocknSS04 asked earlier.

I know pop in here every few days, but it definitely feels like a family. Thank you guys again.

Old 10-12-2009 | 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

been working my butt off on a stang's markerlight....genuis decided trying to use a blow tourch may clean up the fog... only made it worse.... but i'm prolly about half done... if even....

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:10 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

hi all, nothing going on in my world, i guess i'm just celebrating what ryan posted earlier, sorry, but just been like this for the past couple days, maybe winter,money isssues stuff like that, but i'm still here, hope everyone else is doing good, see ya soon, i hope!!

my holiday-----

it also happens to be "moment of frustration day", "old farmers day", and "cookbook launch day"
----------------
When : October 12th

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

How about Popcorn day? LOL

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:29 PM

Chris shake it off. Let me know if something is bothering you. It will be warm and sunny again soon.

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Chris whats up man i kinda miss the late night convo's...

this is what i had been working on...this is the befor

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday October 12, 2009