Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday November 29, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. Got called to sub my old job today so heading in for the day. Expecting snowing and freezing rain tomorrow. Can't wait.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Oh no, I liked him.rip leslie nielson

Justin, glad to hear you cleaned your car out. I also cleaned mine out. Haven't done the leather conditioning yet though.

Junior car, did you still take in some kind of protein with the all vaggie diet? Otherwise, you prolly burned more muscle than fat.

Congrats greg on the award.

Im now at work, just getting back into the groove of things after the four day weekend.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Sparky, I am due on Jan 10, but I will be reporting on the 7th. I am sure that anything will be better than where I'm at.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi

MICHAEL, glad to hear you cleaned your car out. I also cleaned mine out. Haven't done the leather conditioning yet though.
Fixed!

LUNCH!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I just got a call from a local Chevrolet dealer that I got the oil changed at once (it was in the middle of winter and didn't feel like doing it myself). Anyway they wante to lure me into the dealership and wanted my trade. I go to her I'm sure you wouldn't want my 05, it's got 80k miles on it. The lady said - I'm sure we could make a deal. I say ya right - all you are going to do is turn around and send my car off to auction, no thank you. I shut her up pretty quick.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:26 PM

^ they've done that to me before.

The monte is in the exhaust shop getting the new stuff put on. They quoted me $30-40 per side with extreme modifying (in case they need to really dig deep in on the modding)
he said it may even be less than that. *cross your fingers*

A vid will be posted when I receive it.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Junior car, did you still take in some kind of protein with the all vaggie diet? Otherwise, you prolly burned more muscle than fat.
I probably did do more damage then good - physically. Weight loss was never the goal, but my wife never understood this. The objective of such a diet extends past the physics of what transpires. This is an exercise in extreme self control. "Flexing" that part of your mind will extend to all aspects of your life. Which is why giving up the beer is so crucial. I am not habit forming and have no addictions. If I drink a beer its cause I want to, not because I ever "need" too. I'm in control and do not submit to any vices. Unfortunately, my wife can not say the same.
None-the-less, the diet did include chick-peas and black beans for protein. I always did hate chick-peas and black beans and I do now more then ever. But again, it was mind over matter.

Leslie Nielsen was probably the greatest Canadian. He was a Distinguished Honor Warrior Leader himself and all flags in Canada were at half mass today. Not really, but... okay!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:05 PM

Stop calling me Shirley.

Hope everyone's transition from laziness to actively working is as smooth as possible.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

"You're excited? You should feel my nipples!” I did a Google search for Leslie Nielsen quotes and this was one that popped up. I love it!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

"the truth hurts, dosint it? oh sure, not as much as jumping on a bycicle with the seat missing, but it still hurts!"

something else sad today, the 70+ year old local auto parts store "Cyphers Truck Parts" burned to the ground today. it was one of those places that has not changed one bit scince i was a kid, really it hasint changed much scince it opened. always friendly service and the owner is really a helluva guy. i almost cried watching the news clip and seeing the old dimond reo sign crash down with the front of the building.

http://www.wnep.com/news/countybycou...,2894435.story

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday November 29, 2010