Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday July 19, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not as bad as most people would think it would be. I have more admiration for those that served in Vietnam and Desert Storm(the WW's go without saying). But it's still pretty tough to promote in the Air Force, I'd say it's about equal with other services. It's tougher to get into the Air Force but progressing is no more difficult than any other branch. Except for the Navy they seem to give rank away in the Navy like it's a birthday present.

My car is at my house garaged. My coworker drives it monthly to keep the battery from dying and the fuel from separating. I'm sure I'll have no problem taking it to the track when I get back. I have a pretty good plan for it which should result in the 400whp range if I can go without blowing it up lol.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

I'm sure we can get
Moderator Michael from California to go take it 2 the track
4 U and blow the carbon `out of it : )
Hell yea!!! LOL

Hey Pacer, where abouts in the East Bay do you live? I'm in the South Bay not to far from Morgan Hill.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM

..My grandfather just said that he admires all that are serving in the Middle East...We did not win in Korea, or in Vietnam...My grandfather does not like to talk about his experience in Nam...He's friends have told me more then he ever has...

I'm still amazed that we are able to communicate on the net with you being in Iraq and me sitting here safely in the USA....I would prefer that we were not involved in a war anywhere, but it seems to be history constantly repeating itself : ( I wish there was a better way to obtain peace in our world 4-Sure...

I only know what's going on from the TV & what I read on the web, but it sure does not seems to be a place I would want to go to on vacation

Sure hope your countdown goes SuperCharging fast & you're back home safe again....Will you be stationed a Travis again and close to home ? The best to you for RealSure.....Be `Safe....

Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

I live right in Fairfield.

Kid, most who actually participated in Nam don't like to talk about it. My grandfather also served 2 tours there as an F-105 pilot. I never heard any stories of war growing up, only joking stories of his squadron painting bombs, and pranks they'd pull on each other. He explained to me that those who never did anything are the ones who talk about, those who had wish they could forget about it. Which is why you never hear the ones who deserve the recognition speaking about or looking for recognition. Sad part is I was such an ignorant kid growing up I never knew what he had accomplished until I hit around 20 or so and I actually stopped to look at his wall in his study to see DFC's and Silver and Bronze Star award certificates. Damn shame, but from that point on I begged him for stories of which he still never told even up until he passed a couple years back. Still don't know what he had done completely. Thank your grandfather for me, as he served a tougher time than I could imagine.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Thanks `Michael,
Yes, I will get some time `off in my unknown future LoL
I'm not complaining, and I'm very thankful to be working in today's economic conditons....The Bum's & I are just giving `up to get to where we want 2 `be 4-Sure...Not E.Z., but it seems that nothing good in this life is E.Z> : )
I am sure that you can relate....Look how hard you worked to complete you degree....+ the early morning hour that you must arise to go earn your $'s : ) WoW....

Yes LOL

Day `Off @ SpaceBeach ~> LOL

a day `off @ the `Beach
Hi Unkie,

Talk about Star Wars, I am off to my annual trek to Comic-Con. Never a dull moment.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone!!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

mornin JJ

Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Its already 102*!!!

Its going to be a hot one today!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Hi Unkie,

Talk about Star Wars, I am off to my annual trek to Comic-Con. Never a dull moment.

WoW, Hi Grandpa `Dave
It's great to see you online 4-Sure.
When time permit's, please give us a update on life,
and my net niece `Mia Joy
How's you Monte LTZ running ? How many miles now ?
Sure hope you stop back in 2 see your MonteCarloFamily
more often...
Wish you a fun/successful time @ your Star Wars Comic
Convention...
Be Safe & EnJoy the `Journey...

Oh, you still in California ?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
Its already 102*!!!
Originally Posted by The Popcorn King

Its going to be a hot one today!!!

Hi `J.J.
That's Hot popp'in `Corn Weather 4 -Sure...
I'd stay in doors & stay kool & just play
with your `SpaceKitty

Just finished cleaning the pool, two loads of laundry,
and cleaned the weeds..(didn't smok'em: )
Now it's time 4 me to rest & reCharge...
Catch everyOne onLine later.
Peace/Happy/Out

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday July 19, 2010