Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Members Blog : )

[align=center][/align][align=center]Off Topic
A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Hi MCF Members,[/align][align=center]The `Off Topic area is a place to post just about any subject,[/align][align=center](as long as it complies with MCF rules).[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Off Topic posts is a area of the MCF that fills in the void,[/align][align=center]when there is not many new posts that you are interested[/align][align=center]in the day your visited.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Its an area for active or new members to get to know [/align][align=center]more about you, and your life, your Monte.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You can post subjects, like your sports, hobbies, other[/align][align=center]cars/vehicles that you own, etc.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It`s part of the glue that holds a forum 2-gether : )[/align][align=center]It`s a place to get to know, &make Monte Carlo Friends.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ok, what member is going to be the first to post something[/align][align=center]about their life, their town, their pets, their kids, a `joke,etc.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your `Turn 2 Post[/align][align=center](Add to your MCF post/count : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/4BDC401D674443E982F025BBCC1746E6.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: MCF Members Blog : )

Hmmm. Ill go
Well I live in a suburban town south of Pittsburgh called Peters Township. Its mostly made up of rich families whowanted a nice place to send their kids to school. Every street is always freshly paved, the buildings are clean and neat and the people always look their best. The area isnt too overpopulated so there is alot of scenery by the way of trees, fields, streams, ect. It really is a beautiful place to live. The worst we really have to deal with crime wise is drugs, but thats about it. About 25% of the people here fall into the category of upper class. You know the millionaires who never have to worry about money. Another 60% fall into the upper middle class. They arent millionaires, but they have a good bit of money to throw around. The last 15% fall into the mid-low middle class. Thats where I stand on the financial latter. Most of the people here are nice to get to know, but alot of them are stuck up snobs. They carry around the mentality that they are better than everyone else and if you dont have a big house, expensive car and designer clothes, you arent a good person.

Unfortunately the parents rubb off on their kids and thats pretty much how the kids are in peters. Some are nice to hang out with but alot of them are stuck up snobs. You really get to start hating peters township the more you have to deal with the people. Working at giant eagle did it for me. Ever since then I cant wait to leave peters.

Well now that you know more about the kind of people who live here, lets get into what its like to actually live here.

There isnt alot to do in peters township. There is a mall/movie theaterabout 10 miles away. There is a rec center with basketball courts and such and there is a pool at the highschool.

When you are younger, peters township is a real nice place to grow up. All your friends are close by and you can go and spend time at each others houses during the day, sleep over at night, and have a good time. You can go to the park and play baseball or ride bikes, or hang out on the trail.

When you start getting older and start dating, there are a few nice places to hang out, the novel date places. Movies, mall, dinner ect. but then you have to start getting creative because like I said, there really isnt a whole lot of places to go around here. It works out fine though because you can always hang out at your/their house to fill in the space.

When you turn 16 and get your liscence its alot easier to date and hang out with your friends. You can go to different places and have alot more fun then just staying in peters township. Your girlfriend usually becomes friends with your friends and you end up all hanging out together. Its the same with her friends too.

Once the novelty of having your liscence wears off, and you start not wanting to spend money on gas, you and your friends go out occasionally but usually just stay in peters at different peoples houses. You spend time trying to find out whose house is empty so you can hang out there. Thats where drinking becomes a problem. Peters township has its drug problems, but underage drinking is a HUGE problem in Peters. Pretty much everyone drinks at some point and alot of people take it too far and get in trouble. Even people you would never guess, drink and do drugs. Its something that one day is going to need addressed or its going to start getting out of hand.

I couldnt tell you what its like being an adult in peters township because I have never been an adult anywhere. I will never know either because I plan on moving out of peters and never coming back.

My recommendation if you want to live in a place like peters township is this: Move to any area just outside the suburbs. You have most of the same ammenities, but you dont have to deal with the people.

Well, I thought it would be nice to share what its like to live where I live. I know it was a long post but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 AM

[align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=hiya.gif]Members[sm=hiya.gif][/align][align=center]to my favorite `Beach[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Take a Break from the`Stress in your Life[/align][align=center]& take a[/align][align=center]Free Web Trip 2The Beach ~ EnJoy[/align][align=center][:-]~ Click on pictures below 2 Expand ~ EnJoy ~ [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ _________________________[/align][align=center][:-]Below Pic is updated several times a day [:-][/align][align=center]It`s whats happening here..Some good days & some bad days[/align][align=center][:-]* Camera hit by lightning, being repaired & adjusted [:-][/align][align=center][:-]Look....theres `Space [:-]Click on below 2 Expand Pic [:-][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]
SURFING
Three miles of Atlantic beach offer some of the best surfing on the east coast of Florida. One of the most consistent surf breaks in Florida is Sebastian Inlet’s 1st peak, located next to the north jetty. Another hot surf spot is Monster Hole, when the surf is big. Monster Hole is located about 1/3 mile off the beach, on the south side of Sebastian Inlet. The contour of the ocean floor rises up and when the surf is big, the waves form long lines, giving a long ride. This is my
[/align][align=center]my best `space, my heaven...It is `free 2 : )
Take a `break
[:-]Click the below link to EnJoy more ofthe area [:-] [/align][align=center]ClickBelow [/align][align=center]
http://www.sebastianinletcam.com/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Life, is a `Beach [8D]

Attachment (3) [/align][align=center]`OK members, your turn to post[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/AC0E45B81BC24C0085DF644107516A50.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 AM

Hi `Matt, -mrl390-,
Super read, the bums & I enJoyed reading about your
area, and about your `life.
My community is also small, with a lot of affluent people,
but the bum`s & I are not 4-Sure : )
They party a lot, and so do their rich spoiled `kids
that never had 2 give `up 2 get anything.
Most of the affluent people are only part time residents.
The bums & I work 4 them.
Thanks 4 taking the time 2 share.
Ok, whose next ?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Most of the people here are nice to get to know, but alot of them are stuck up snobs. They carry around the mentality that they are better than everyone else and if you dont have a big house, expensive car and designer clothes, you arent a good person.

You just described the place I grew up to a "T."
A small, snobbish town who thinks they're all better then everyone else.

There were rich families that brought back a lot of culture to the town from their travels over seas. Only a couple familes have ties to the area when it was founded. And they have money as well. One family owned most of this part of this county at one time. A lot of things used to be named after them. But not so much now.

Since my family is from Virginia I never really had that close of a tie to the area. I felt it was a "We're better then you" small town. Another town close by has had a rivalry with this one for many years.

We used to brag when I was in HS that more drugs came throughthis town then in any other part of the state. Some distinction!!!

Would I live some place else? I can't say? I know living further away from town wouldn't hurt my feelings any. It would be nice to own 10 - 20 acers. Maybe rent most of it out to make a little income off of. To own any property like that there would be a classic auto sale near me. Like in my yard.

But it's still a dream of mine.
(owning the land. not selling the cars)

Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 AM

[align=center]RJ, thank your for your words/time/post.[/align][align=center]I wish you lots of land, andmanyChevy`s in your Life : )[/align][align=center]I was hoping more members would post in this thread, but I did enjoy reading[/align][align=center]Matt`s and your post about the area on planet earth that you reside.[/align][align=center]
__________________________________________________ _________________

[/align][align=center]My area: Where I reside, & want 2 drive the Awesome Monte Carlo. (Check out the Race Track below : )lol[/align][align=center][:-]Empty Road, Rac`in along the Ocean Pic taken from `Space : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]North Beach: (IndianRiverCo) The population was 243 at the 2000 census. WoW[/align][align=center]Estimated median household income in 2005: $80,000
North Beach
$80,000
[/align][align=center]
Estimated median house/condo value in 2005: $1,046,600
North Beach
[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]North Beach compared to Florida state average: [/align][*][align=center]Median household income above state average. [/align][*][align=center]Median house value significantly above state average. [/align][*][align=center]Unemployed percentage significantly below state average. [/align][*][align=center]Median age significantly above state average. [/align][*][align=center]Renting percentage below state average. [/align][*][align=center]Number of rooms per house above state average. [/align][*][align=center]House age significantly below state average. [/align][*][align=center]Number of college students below state average. [/align][*][align=center]Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher way above state average. [/align][ul][/ul][align=center]There were no registered sex offenders living in North Beach in early 2007. (But they don`t know `bout the `bums : )[/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/EF8077BC4E5A4FDD83970AE3ECF3E605.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Ok, whose going to post next about[/align][align=center]your area, your life, your hobbies ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your `Turn (hit some keys : )[/align]
Lots of Empty `Space below
fill it with your `words

Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 PM

I guess it is my turn. It was interesting and fun reading your posts so far. A little about me. I am 30 years old and just bought my first house. It is a 1975 double wide trailer on 3 acres. I have two room mates. My 15 month old Golden Retriever max and 3 year old minature horse Kit Kat. Kit Kat waswon at our school carnival last spring. I live in what I consider one of the most beautiful states. The town I live in consists of 10,000 people mostly ranching and working in the mills. The area I am in is part of the high desert. lots of Juniper trees. 20 miles away are large ponderpsa pines. I am trying to share some of the area features in my car pics. The reason I love this state is 4 hours to the west of me is the longest public coast line (at least was last time I looked). 4 hours east is rolling grass hills and wide open spaces. Check out the link to my myspace page for lots of pictures of Oregon my property and projects.

I have lived in Oregon, Montana, Arizona and Las Vegas Nevada. I used to work for cell phone companies until I went back to school and got my teaching degree. I now teach 800 kindergarten through 5th graders how to use computers at two elementary schools. I enjoy watching them tackle and solve complex problems. I am a laid back fun loving guy who is loving his monte carlo more and more each day I drive it. If you have any questions about me or the places I have lived fire away. Thanks for reading.

http://www.myspace.com/toddbarrett

Old 09-10-2008, 04:39 AM

Hi Todd, (Member Teacher),
Really enjoyed your post, and your MySpace page is awesome.
WoW, you got your Master Degree, Congrat`s.
Also, it was great to read that you teach computers to kids.
I am self taught, and learned from trial & error`s
(more error's on my trials : )
Thanks for contributing to the MCF Blog, and we look
forward to your future posts, and moreawesome pictures of the beautiful
area that you reside, and drive your Monte Carlo.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Nice blog post Todd. I would love to own some land. Now days people around here are convinced an empty lot, or one acre is worth $60,000. Money I can not afford. Cause then you have to put a house on it or around another 200k plus to live on the land.

Sure I know these prices are small compared to living in Florida, California, or Texas. Or some other states.

And if you work beside Bill Gates $300k plus is nothing to spend.

I'll just keep dreaming my dream and hope someday it comes a reality for me.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 AM

Hi R.J.,
Keep work`in your dream....If you want it bad enough, I am sure you will have : )
My grandfather always tells me that property is always a great investment,
if you do your homework, and research.
Pricing in my area is still weak in the housing market, and there are some
great deals. I know, you got 2 have the $`s first [X(]
I really like the Castle & Auto Storage that you have now.
"Dreams are where we want 2 `go, and work is how we get there"

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog : )