Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member`s Blog : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Member`s Blog : )

Hi Members,
Please post and let us know what your typical day is like.
Where do you drive your Monte Carlo everyday ?
Our sponsors check our post counts, and without sponsors
we would not be [X(]
This thread will give every member a chance to post something
about themselves, and their Awesome Monte Carlo.
Please remember that the MCF is a family forum.
Who is going to be the first one to post something ?
Oh, Thanks for being a active contributing member
of the Monte Carlo Forum.
It will be a lot better when we get our new Server : )
Ok, your turn to post, and add to your total post count
We all will be waiting for your posts

Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: MCF Member`s Blog : )

Today, I got up.......to look for a job........Then I hung out infront of the drug store.

Oh wait, that's a Cheech and Chong skit. LOL.

Today, I got up. Then checked out my email and the Monte Forums.
Not sure what I'm doing today. On vacation time away from work.

Maybe I'll go hang out infront of the drug store. LOL.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM

LOL ~ LOL
[:-]
Moderator `Taz,
Thanks for adding to the total post counts for the MCF, and also thanks for being a Dedicated MCF
Moderator. (none paying position [X(])
The `Bums, & I hope you have a super vacation
4-Sure
Click below for fun, or for a training vid
on what 2 do in front of the MCFDrug Store [8D]
two skits from Cheech and Chong sister mary elephant and lets make a dope deal. ... downtown to look for a job, then i hang up in front of the drugMCFstore. ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpGfx6eYjo - 112k - Similar pages

Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Today after I got up and went and hung out infront of the drug store with Taz and we smoked some weed. I came home and watched Cheech & Chong's "Up In Smoke" movie on tivo.

This afternoon I think I'll go back down to the drug store and hang out. Maybe smoke more weed with Taz? And check out the babes walking past? As long as we're not smokin any weed or anything important?

Today is the last day of vacation for me for another 60 days. (oh the pain of it all)

Lucky me. I got picked for jury duty. I have to report on monday.

Hope I don't have to actually set on one? I did 10 years ago. Some idiot was accused of molesting his wife's two daughters. They were 4 & 2 at the time. Long story short, he did it and mom let it happen. He got like 10 years or so, mom got to go home. She should have went to prison like he did. Some of us guys on the jury wanted to slice his teeny, tiny pencil off and shove it down his throat for him.

Okay, enough rambling for now.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM

[align=center]LOL `RJ., Be Careful firing `up : ) WoW[/align][align=center]Remember, it is illegal to smoke while on the MCF : )[/align][align=center]Smok'in in the Bathroom is `ok 4-Sure [8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry your vacation is over, but be thankful that you have[/align][align=center]a job to go that provides a vacation.[/align][align=center]I work 7 nights a week and I have only had 4 nights `off[/align][align=center]in the last 30 months : ( I am happy that I have jobs,[/align][align=center]that help me survive, pay for my own education,[/align][align=center]and save for another Monte,+ help others: )[/align][align=center]"Giving `Up to Get 4-Sure"[/align][align=center]"Giving Up 2 Give"[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]Try`in 2 Give Up 2 Keep what I have : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]Hi R.J.,[/align][align=center]I have never served on a jury, but I am glad I live in a country[/align][align=center]that has a jury system. It is sad that ours is in need of[/align][align=center]revision. I think it is so overloaded with cases, andthat[/align][align=center]it is not operated as it was intended.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your past experience was a sad one, and I hope when I [/align][align=center]am called it is not one like yours.[/align][align=center]There seems to be more people that are committing crimes,[/align][align=center]and that areconstantly hurt others : ([/align][align=center]My grandfather taught to be careful around people that[/align][align=center]have nothing to lose. There seems to be a lot of them[/align][align=center]in our world : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW, you never know what you may learn on the MCF.[/align][align=center]I learn zomething every time I log on [8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Jury duty or jail? Your choice
[/align]

Ever skipped jury duty? Ever thought about skipping jury duty? USA TODAY's Laura Parker has a story you should read this morning.
"No one keeps national figures on jury duty no-shows, but the American Judicature Society considers the problem an epidemic in some communities, especially large urban areas such as Miami, Houston and Atlanta, where no-show rates routinely top 50%, says David McCord, a society spokesman."
"For years, courts across the nation have tried to make jury service more attractive by, among other things, increasing juror pay and offering amenities. ... Now, communities are emphasizing the consequences of skipping jury duty."
Among these consequences are warrants, fines and jail, and more communities appear to be taking action. Parker lists several, and the Web shows a long trail. In the Boston Globe this week, experts praise Massachusetts' chase-everyone approach. In North Carolina last week, News 14 reports duty-skippings hearings are held more often. In the Chicagoist blog last month, a writer urges readers to accept serving jury duty as better than watching Pauly Shore's 1995 Jury Duty.
Do you think the punishments fit the crime?[/align][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Juror Service in Federal Courts [/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align]
Jury service is one of the most important civic duties. You do not need any knowledge of the legal system to be a juror. The protection of rights and liberties of litigants in federal courts is largely achieved through the teamwork of judge and jury.
There are two types of juries serving distinct functions in the federal trial courts: Trial Juries (also known as petit juries) and Grand Juries. Each of these juries have their own set of guidelines.
The Jury Selection and Service Act establishes the process for selecting jurors. It outlines qualifications a person must have to serve as a federal juror.
For more specific information about jury service, visit the web site of your local federal court.
[align=center]
[hr]
[/align]
Juror Scams - Be aware! In various parts of the United States, citizens have received bogus phone calls and have been threatened with prosecution for failing to comply with jury service in federal or state courts. These calls are not from real court officials.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member

My g/f Debbie told me to go in on tuesday and tell them, "I hate everybody."

So they'll kick me out of jury duty.

I've been called a bunch of times for jury duty. Some years ago I got picked for federal in Dayton. I had to go once and we sat in this office for 4 hours. A bailiff came in, told us the case was settled out of court and they sent us all home. Four hours just setting doing ZIP is so boring.

That one and only time I actuallysat on a jury is still in my mind. Not sure if I'll ever forget the details of that case?

Why people have to be so mean to each other, Ican't say?

But the mom of these two little girls was just as guilty asstepdad was. She allowed him to do these things to her daughters. And she should have served time as well.

His lawyer was very good at mudding the water so to speak and confusing issues and facts. Some of us were initially convinced this guy was innocent. Till we re-watched the police video they made of the older girl when she was 4 years old. Then we realized stepdad HAD done the things he was accused of.

The real tought part was I'd come home from setting there for 8 hrs, not allowed to discuss anything we had heard with anyone. Not even family.

It's very hard to hear such terrible things and not be able to talk with someone else about what you've heard.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Go in there all p***ed off and say, "I'm SO glad I'm here!!! I wanna fry somebody! Do we have capital punishment in Ohio?"

You'll be home before lunch time.