Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF constantly crashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default MCF constantly crashing

MCF is constantly crashing my Internet Explorer. It took me half an hour to write this without IE closing down a thousand times while I'm trying to navigate the posts.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Default RE: MCF constantly crashing

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

MCF is constantly crashing my Internet Explorer. It took me half an hour to write this without IE closing down a thousand times while I'm trying to navigate the posts.
I use Mozilla Firefox and have never had a single probelm with MCF or any web site / forum. You can download it for free at www.mozilla.org.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:54 AM

I did a Google search for mcf.exe and it seems to be part of a spyware program adware. It is highly recommended to remove this immediately.

http://www.econsultant.com/windows-tasks/m/mcf.html

I would personally download a copy of Adaware (free program), install it and run it. This should clear up the problem for you.

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....aware&tag=srch

Click on: Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06 It has been downloaded 220,617,295+ times and I also personally use it.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 PM

I'd switch browsers, IE is way too vulnerable. FireFox is a good choice, but Opera is even better. That's what i'm on now, after using FireFox for the last 2-3 years, and it's much better.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 AM

Yeah, Firefox does have it's bonuses but it kept crashing on me as well when it was interacting with different things. It was like the dumbest stuff too like Yahoo messenger would crash when I'd open it, Nesticle, and half a dozen other programs.

It still wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade to Firefox, but you're really putting a bandaid on the problem. First get rid of the spyware and then look for changing browsers.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:59 AM

Thinking more about it, it's kind of like the band aid fix on my car. I get 5* of KR when I'm at 65 WOT, my fix until I get a tuner is just to not go WOT. I really need to fix the tuning though.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 PM

i should speak up and point out that as the site grows, MCF becomes too big for the server, so we are frequently trying to update the server, as well as trying to find new ways to make the site flow more smoothly, but that is typically later at night.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i should speak up and point out that as the site grows, MCF becomes too big for the server, so we are frequently trying to update the server, as well as trying to find new ways to make the site flow more smoothly, but that is typically later at night.
Maybe I'm off on this, but I think MCF site and the MCF.exe are going to be 2 seperate issues. This person is having a problem with the exe file and that comes up as spyware on a google search.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 PM

I have run Hijack-this and completely turned off all of my active x controls and java and flash and everthing else and IE still crashes when I open MCF. Very frustrating. I have Slim-Browser from MajorGeeks.com, but I don't know how save it is.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I'd switch browsers, IE is way too vulnerable. FireFox is a good choice, but Opera is even better. That's what i'm on now, after using FireFox for the last 2-3 years, and it's much better.
Just installed Opera. Very cool[sm=gobble.gif]

Quick Reply: MCF constantly crashing