Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MATC

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MATC

so a few days ago i applied at MATC-Milwaukee Area Technical College for automotive technology...from what i understand its basically auto technician with some computer classes as well, ill have to find out some more information. im just kinda sick of college already and taking all these classes that i dont want to take, also my major would pretty much guarantee that i would b leavin where i live and i dont want to do that so hence i had to change...now i just have to wait to c if i got in or not, wish me luck!oh and sry i havent been around much lately between school work and everything else in my life im runnin out of time

Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Default RE: MATC

Sounds like fun man, I figured if Graphic Design doesn't work out for me I'll switch to auto body and open a shop, my dad said if I did he would go to school with me and we'd have a family business.

Maybe you could come out with some parts for those of us with the LZ9.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM

lol well ur gonna have to wait a few years cuz its a two year program

Old 02-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Yeah, we've basically got to wait a few years anyway. I'm still hoping that the LZ9 gets thrown into another car, maybe the V6 Camaro (now that would be sweet), in order to get more parts out.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:31 PM

Good luck on that. A buddy of mine from the Cable company went through that course and got his ASE.

Was offered $9.00/hour at Holiday and Bergstrom.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Are you guys talking about the 3.9L V6? I doubt it will be put in the V6 camaro. The 3.6L V6 they are using in the G6s and the Malibus will most likely be in the camaro. It is a much better engine that makes more power.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member

It is a much better engine that makes more power.

I want one in my car.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

Are you guys talking about the 3.9L V6? I doubt it will be put in the V6 camaro. The 3.6L V6 they are using in the G6s and the Malibus will most likely be in the camaro. It is a much better engine that makes more power.
I agree with your post : )
I really love the 3.9L engine, but GM has really put
some tech into the 3.6L.
I think it will be a great engine for the 09 Camaro
(Jeremy, in a few years will be able to super tune them 4 us: )
[:-]
GM’S FIRST V-6 ENGINE WITH DIRECT INJECTION DELIVERS 302 HORSEPOWER IN CADILLAC STS
General Motors is introducing its new 3.6L V-6 gasoline engine with direct injection and variable valve timing (VVT) technologies in the 2008 Cadillac STS.
The new 3.6-liter all-aluminum dual overhead cam V-6 gasoline engine with direct injection and variable valve timing is GM’s most powerful V-6 offering in North America and in other markets around the globe. It is of particular significance for power-conscious customers looking for great performance, improved fuel economy and lower emissions.
The new 3.6L V-6 (LLT) engine delivers outstanding performance ratings. Standard in the 2008 Cadillac STS, the engine is SAE certified and delivers 302 hp (225 kW) at 6300 rpm* and 272 lb.-ft. (369 Nm) of torque at 5200 rpm.*
“Our goal was to deliver an engine with outstanding power and improved efficiency, while providing a quiet and pleasant driving experience for Cadillac customers,” said Tim Cyrus, chief engineer for high-feature V-6 and Northstar V-8 engines. “It’s the latest example of our strategy to continue to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy without sacrificing performance.”
The 3.6L V-6 engine is GM’s third engine variant offered with direct injection technology.
With direct injection technology, fuel is sprayed directly into the engine cylinder where it is mixed with air. As the fuel vaporizes in the cylinder, the air and fuel mixture is cooled. This enables the use of a higher compression ratio in the combustion chamber, 11.3:1, which improves engine performance and efficiency.
On cold starts, direct injection can be controlled to create a richer air/fuel mixture around the spark plug, making it easier to ignite in a cold engine. This results in a smoother operation and an approximate 25-percent reduction in cold-start hydrocarbon emissions during the cold-start and warm-up.
Direct injection requires higher fuel pressure than conventional fuel-injected engines, and the engine-driven high-pressure fuel pump is used to supply up to 1,740 psi (120 bar) of pressure. The system regulates lower fuel pressure at idle – approximately 508 psi (35 bar) and higher pressure at wide-open throttle. The exhaust cam-driven high-pressure pump works in conjunction with a conventional fuel tank-mounted supply pump.
The 3.6-liter V-6 also features the U.S. automotive industry’s first isolated fuel-injector system. This helps reduce the overall engine noise, providing customers a pleasant driving experience.
Four-cam phasing
In addition to direct injection, variable valve timing also helps reduce exhaust emissions and improve performance and fuel economy by optimizing the phasing of the intake and exhaust valves relative to the crankshaft position at all operating conditions. The result is linear delivery of torque, with near-peak levels over a broad rpm range, and high specific output (maximum horsepower per liter of displacement) without sacrificing overall engine response and driveability.
Cam pha

Old 02-15-2008, 05:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

The cadillac version of the 3.6L is simply amazing. The power that is put out by such a small engine is remarkable and I think GM hit a home run with it. It would be awesome to see that engine in the Camaro, but I would imagine that the Camaro will see the version that GM is running in the Malibus. The 251hp version.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM

Start buying wrecks now, if GM doesn't put it in theCamaro we're screwed for aftermarket support, even replacement parts might be hard to come by. Only possibility after that is the SS impala gets downgraded to the LZ9. I didn't read it in Space's very informative post, but I'm pretty sure the 3.6di is a 90 degblock.

With how expensive the 3.6 is though I would think they would stick to the 3.9, but if the Malibu is producin 251then I'd think that stands a better chance. Probably toned it down so they don't have to have such an upgraded driveline.

It's too bad, the 3.9 has some great potential in a pretty sweet package.