Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

This makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default This makes me sick

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/07/sou...ex.html?hpt=T2

I hope they find her, jail her, and throw away the key. Makes me sick.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM

thats just ridiculous!!...well she found a straight shoot to hell with that act!!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I dont understand situations like that. We have a law here in Indiana that you can just drop them off at places like hospitals and such with no questions asked. I think thats a much better alternative, How do they know she was a young mother? Most likely was but these days who knows. SAD any way it goes. Hopefully he will be OK.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Yes `Alex,
It makes me `sick and very sad that there are those that would do such a thing in our World. It's just not in the USA, but everywhere on our planet. We are all different, but I believe there are some that did not get programed `right or were never taught right from wrong , or to never purposely hurt another human being....It's depressing 4-Sure...

A reminder to all, that if we see wrong, we should do everything in our powers to `right this wrong...
I pray 4-Sure,

Last edited by Space; 02-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

that's terrible, why not just give it up for adoption...

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

This is horrible, no doubt. There are so many BETTER alternatives, this is just horrible abuse and neglect.

In all honesty, I hope the mother not just gets caught, but gets shunned from friends and family, but that is far from the most important part.

The most important part is that somehow this child has a shot at living a safe and average life, with people that will love and take care of him (as I would hate to learn this is how my birth mother left me).

Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I think they should drown her like she tried to do. Eye for an eye.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac

The most important part is that somehow this child has a shot at living a safe and average life, with people that will love and take care of him (as I would hate to learn this is how my birth mother left me).
My feelings as well.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I think they should drown her like she tried to do. Eye for an eye.
In theory, perhaps she was not intending to drown the child (I know the arguement sounds hard to believe). For her, this could be a simple matter of "I gave birth to him here, and where he lands is where he lands and this is an easy spot to abandon the child". Perhaps the mother's intent was NOT to kill the child, rather the hope she could abandon him there and someone entering the restroom would eventually find the child and he'd be ultimately in better hands and perhaps she would never be found to link to this birth.

Regardless, it does NOT make any of this right. I know there have been cases where mothers of unwanted children simply kill them (or place them in a location destin for death, like trash dumpsters). I personally would like to hope that this mother's intent was not so cruel as to take out the life she just brought in (but we will never know for sure).

Regardless, she will pay a price (even if society never catches her, she has to live with what she did and eventually die knowing she did it, and I find it hard to believe anyone can simply accept those actions). If society catches her, well, she'll have additional problems to deal with (as she should).

Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Sick indeed.

What really pisses me off about situations like this is that there are thousands of couples that are trying every means necessary to have a baby. Whether they can't conceive or whatever, all they want in life is a child. And then there's POS people like this who could care less about a life. Just makes me sick.

Quick Reply: This makes me sick