Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Looky what I got to drive today =)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Talking Looky what I got to drive today =)

Hey guys! So I was at the shop for a while today & I'm sitting in the office just chilling & talking to my dad when I see a red vehicle (that i love) in the reflection of a frame pull up in front of the shop. I just up instantly & went to the door & this was sitting right outside

I was like omg! how gorgeous! I have always been a fan of the SSR. Yes it isn't a real truck & I know a lot of people don't like them but they seem like they would be fun lil weekend trucks. Our friend/good customer Joe (i think thats his name at least lol) jumps outta it & sees me starin at it & is like no you can not have it lol. & so we starting talking & he said that he's thinking about selling it since he also has this car

I told him that i would soo buy it if i had the money but then I discovered it was a manual & was like well it wouldn't matter bcuz idk how to drive a manual really. Well we started talking again & he was like you wanna go for a ride (since i have never rode in one before). & lemme tell ya, this lil truck has some kick ignoring the fact that it has a LS2 400+hp engine in it with a 6-speed trans lol. Then down the road he pulls over & lets me try to drive it! Omg I was sooo nervous bcuz I didn't wanna screw up the trans if he was trying to sell it.

Well I only killed it 3 times lol. I have problems starting to take off bcuz I always forget that you gotta take the brake off & then ease off the clutch & ease into the gas, so I killed it twice when I was trying to take off & then I killed it right whenever I was parking (once again with the whole brake-clutch situation) but when I was actually driving the clutch & all didn't bother me, except for the fact that I shifted into 5th instead of 3rd on accident bcuz the gears are all sooooo close to each other. But all in all it was a fun experience & makes me wanna perfect driving a standard & it also makes me wanna SSR even more!

Another thing, it has reallyyyy nice interior & i'm really kickin myself for not taking a pic of it he said hes coming to the shop on wednesday so hopefully he'll bring out the SSR again it also had a torque gauge in it & now I'm thinking that I may wanna invest in one of those eventually bcuz idk i think it's a neat gauge to have & i never thought about it before.

Mk well I'm done with my lil excitement rant

Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 AM

love those trucks. never see them though. i do know of one a pastor owns. red too. i think it would be fun to have one

Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

yeah they're most def gorgeous & they ride really smooth, a lot smoother then i would have ever thought. i've seen black (hella sharp looking), red (after today lol), lots of yellow ones, & there was one at UWF where I went to school at that was that really nice aquamarine color that avalanches, equinoxes, & tahoes come in sometimes. I think it's called Aqua Blue Metallic...???

Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 AM

Hi `Brittany,
Fun post 2 read/see 4-Sure : )
I always thought the SSR would be a SuperSurf `Ride
Below is a pic of the interior (from Web)

and then there's more

Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL, this is soooooo funny. I just encountered a guy yesterday on the way home from the store, he was driving a RED SSR with the top off. We had some fun off of the two stop lights between the store and my house! LOL

Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the SSR. Like you said, it's a cool weekend truck. There's a Chevy dealer not too far from me with a used one in mint condition for sale. But want way too much money for it.

Those SSR's are rare enough that they demand a high price.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Those are pretty neat, but they're strange looking. The top on it has to be down! I do like the interior.