Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Live Die Repeat: Edge of tomorrow review

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:51 PM
1 Year Member
Default Live Die Repeat: Edge of tomorrow review

Hey everyone, so I wanted to give my opinions of of Tom Cruise's new movie, Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow. I will try to do this with the least amount of spoilers possible.

So if you haven't heard anything about this movie I'll give you the basics of what it is about. So the premise of the movie is that aliens crash land on earth and start to take over. Tom cruise's character ends up getting basically thrown into this massive battle without knowing even how to turn the safety off on his gun. Somehow he manages to kill an "alpha" alien but in doing so the blood gets on him which burns him and kills him. He then wakes up the day before the battle. You eventually find out why, but I will leave that unknown for those who want to watch the movie. But because of what happened he now wakes up and restarts from the same point every time he dies. This gives him the advantage because he can learn from his mistakes and get better and further every time he wakes up from dying. This is the basics of the movie.

So what did I think of the movie?

I think it was a very good movie. If I had to rate it out of 10 I would say it is a solid 8.5. It has some funny moments, the acting is very well done, the visuals are all very good, but for me the biggest thing, and probably the coolest thing, is the whole concept that by the end of the movie you realize that you have watched and entire movie that essentially takes place over the course of less than a day. Normally movies will take place over what, a few nights, weeks, years, etc. This movie takes place over the course of less than a day because he just keeps restarting. I think by the end of it His character has done the same day well over 500 times. Obviously you don't see all of that. But I think it's an extremely cool concept that I didn't really even think about until the movie was over.

So I will leave it at that. As much as I would like to go into the story more, I hate when things get spoiled for me so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone else. I highly recommend the movie, I think it was one of the better movies I have seen in a while.

Last edited by iMuf; 09-09-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: //
Old 09-10-2014, 05:13 AM

\
Hi `Kyle,
Thanks for your review....I have not been to a movie in ages or many space years . It sounds like a space type movie & thanks for your personal review I would like to enjoy this movie `if I ever find the time to escape my other obligations/commitments

I checked other sites for ratings & below is one that ranks it high
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

TOMATOMETER90Average Rating: 7.5/10
Reviews Counted: 240
Fresh: 216 | Rotten: 24

Gripping, well-acted, funny, and clever, Edge of Tomorrow offers entertaining proof that Tom Cruise is still more than capable of shouldering the weight of a blockbuster action thriller.

AUDIENCE
91liked it
Average Rating: 4.2/5
User Ratings: 118,632

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow - Rotten Tomatoes
click above for trailer + +

Last edited by Space; 09-10-2014 at 05:18 AM.