Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Life update and FIRST MOD!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Default Life update and FIRST MOD!?

it seems im always running. im just not sure if im running TO something or AWAY from something... but im running and thats all im able to focus on. that, and how hard it is to keep a 13 inch mohawk up in this awful georgia heat!

with summer comes more work. which is a good thing. but, in the beginning of august we will begin our down season, so to speak. ill miss the extra $$ but im sure going to enjoy a 5 day work week for once :p and actually get to do some fun summer activities. it actually hit me today that i havnt really done ANYTHING but work this summer. iv been fishing once and swimming once.

still trying to make a decision on college. i want to go, but cant decide what for. i want to get an education i can actually find a job with, and actually use... but im too big into artistic things. (photography, painting and desiging) im not sure that will pay the bills. my first choice is Industrial Design, and hopefully branch out into Automotive Design. that would be my dream job

im still driving a 100% stock monte. it doesnt bother me. i love it more than life. even with its minor nonconformities. i have done one mod though :p i got some of those cheap LED's from walmart that plug in the cigarette lighter. lol. they dont call my car the Trashy Carlo for nothing. HAHAHA

anyways, hope everyone elses summers have been good so far. best wishes -Chris

Old 07-12-2012, 06:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chris- Photography isn't a bad way to make a living if you don't mind doing the work to pay the bills. Stuff like weddings,portraits,baby pictures and things like that. I know quite a few photographers that make a good income doing these things and then they have the free time to tackle creative projects. One guy I know does car shows, he takes a pic of your car and then has equipment to put it on shirts,hats mugs framed prints or whatever. Just a few thoughts. good luck in whatever you decide.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm an artist as well. If you like all of this stuff, get into Graphic Design and Multimedia Design. The starting salary can be a little on the low side, but after 1 year working you should easily leave the junior designer title and be in the mid 40s a year, after another couple years you are easily in the 50s/60s and if you can get up to being an art director you can be basically a 6-figure income.

Versatility is key in this position though. Learn print AND web design and you will go far.

Photography is also pretty well paying, although you have to keep your OWN equipment up-to-date AND you are basically stuck working almost every weekend.

On the mohawk, in the summer I used hair wax to shape, then I used freeze spray and a cool hair dryer to seal it. Although I never went longer than 6-8" spikes because then I was hitting my hair on everything.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:06 PM

thanks for the advice fellas! i def have a lot of thinking to do.

i use freeze spray to 'get it up' :p because its easier to work with and im able to get a comb through it to fan it out

then lock it in place with GOT2BE. thats the one i keep in the car with me on nights out. haha. any gel is just too wet and makes it flop over. i have really thick hair.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Me too! That's why I used a wax instead of a gel.

Took me 45 minutes every day to do my hair, and took a while washing it out every night haha

Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And if you saw Chibi today, you might not think he sported a more Goth style look in his "younger" days!