Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Left Lane Loiterers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Here in PA it is real bad because everyone is SO SLOW. They drive slow, walk slow and talk slow. It gets on my nerves sometimes, especially on the road. Two things get on my nerves more than slow drivers in the fast lane. One is people who take forever to turn. They ride their brakes all the way to the turn and then take forever to get through it. The other is people who are too scared to pull out onto the road. Its like seriously, grow some ***** and use your gas pedal. The car that is two miles up the road isnt going to hit you if you pull out in front of them. Other people need to get places too so hurry your *** up!

Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM

LOL ~ LOL `Matt ~>Sound `Off , I know the feel'in, but
you better take a chill pill, or U will go Crazy 4 Sure. U would not survive in Florida.... The Bum's R here read'in over my shoulder again, and they R still laugh'in @ your post....To me it seems there are more crazy's on the roads lately, or they all come `out when I"m on the Road lol

Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 PM

Did I mention I hate them?!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty much every post in this thread is classic road rage. The cops would give every single one of us a ticket if caught. (YEP)

Two things I do my best to remember on the road.
A. Consideration goes a LONG way.
B. Patience.

These two things are in short supply on any U.S. road now days.

Those posting they hate the people in the left hand lane who won't move over for them please re-think your driving habits. I'm not saying I don't do my share of getting annoyed at other drivers. I DO.

My number one pet peeve - drive the speed limit. If it's posted 55 mph then do 55. Not 35, not 45, not 50. If it's posted 25 mph then 50 a little too freaking fast.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Personally, I can't stand slow drivers...especially when they clog the left lane...I don't know about everywhere else, but in California, the left lane is the FAST lane, or commuter lane during certain hours of the day.

I HATE people who drive the speed limit, or especially under the speed limit on the left lane...WTF! In this area, the posted speed limit is 65, and almost no one does it except for those few jerks that clog up the road, and create traffic for the rest of us. If the flow of traffic is moving at 80-90 MPH, then damn it, get your butt moving with EVERYONE else, or move over into the FAR right lane.

I'm not joking either around here, if your not stuck in traffic, then you will be doing 80 and 90 MPH just keeping up with traffic, especially on US 101.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I'm not joking either around here, if your not stuck in traffic, then you will be doing 80 and 90 MPH just keeping up with traffic, especially on US 101.

I can vouch for that.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by mrl390
Two things get on my nerves more than slow drivers in the fast lane. One is people who take forever to turn. They ride their brakes all the way to the turn and then take forever to get through it.
that drives me crazy too.

Originally Posted by KidSpace
LOL ~ LOL `Matt ~>Sound `Off , I know the feel'in, but
you better take a chill pill, or U will go Crazy 4 Sure. U would not survive in Florida.... The Bum's R here read'in over my shoulder again, and they R still laugh'in @ your post....To me it seems there are more crazy's on the roads lately, or they all come `out when I"m on the Road lol
last year when i went to orlando/lakeland for work for 5 days, in the course of those 5 days we saw 4 cars flipped over on the highway. 4. i've never seen 4 cars flipped over on the highway througout the rest of my entire life, let alone in 5 days. far as i know, no one was seriously injured in any of the rollovers, but i was amazed. i believe the highway we were on I-5? i think that's the main highway in that area. first one in the median. second one on the right side in the ditch. 3rd one was right by the track, looks like it had come off the highway exit ramp and maybe got t-boned? 4th one was on whichever highway we took from the condo to the track, the last day we were there. it was the most insane thing i've ever seen. i don't know if any of them were even elderly, but man, there's something about florida that made me uneasy!!

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Personally, I can't stand slow drivers...especially when they clog the left lane...I don't know about everywhere else, but in California, the left lane is the FAST lane, or commuter lane during certain hours of the day.

I HATE people who drive the speed limit, or especially under the speed limit on the left lane...WTF! In this area, the posted speed limit is 65, and almost no one does it except for those few jerks that clog up the road, and create traffic for the rest of us. If the flow of traffic is moving at 80-90 MPH, then damn it, get your butt moving with EVERYONE else, or move over into the FAR right lane.

first time i ever drove in california was last year, and my lordy you're right!!! i couldn't believe it. thank god for gps because i woulda gotten loooooost!! people really do drive fast there. i almost missed all my exits trying to keep up with traffic and people changing lanes!!

i don't drive super fast on the highway unless i'm late usually, but it does drive me nuts when people drive slow in the left lane. like you just watched my lights in your rearview mirror coming up on you from a hundred yards in 5 seconds, get the F outta the way!!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

People around here are pretty good at it, but sometimes youll get that. I know that if im going mabye 67 or so in the other lane around a car going like 63 or so, Ill speed up only if a car is coming up and hurry up and get around. And for the signalling thing it bugs me too, but ive got honked at a few times. Ill put my signall on far off, but sometimes people will ride my ***, and when im on the brakes hard to make the turn as fast as I possibley can, they believe they shouldnt have to hit the brakes, and I scare them.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:50 AM

I hate when jerk offs like you think they need to go 80mph in a 55mph zone. I usually cruise 5 over the limit, but if they wanna get on my ***, I'll slow down, then when they try to go around me I'll speed up.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

2 issues for me. The Illinois drivers, who in their state drive the left lane because it's the thru lane. Guess what? This is Michigan! Move over when you're not passing. That's the law!
2nd, I-94 gets a LOT of truck traffic between Chicago and Detroit. A LOT! And this is Michigan, which means the roads tak a beating from the radical changes in temperatures. Sometimes 4 seasons in a day. They do their best to keep the roads in good condition, but the right lane both directions on I-94 is constant "bump, bump, bump, bump, bump." The road is crap, and the left lane is smooth. So which lane do I usually drive in? The left lane, with an eye on the mirror.

Quick Reply: Left Lane Loiterers