Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Leadership Retreat '08, Gone for 2 Days

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Leadership Retreat '08, Gone for 2 Days

Alright gusy... I've been on a team at school that was formed in January to plan a leadership retreat for JF Webb High School. The retreat starts tomorrow.... and will last through Saturday night around 7. See you guys Saturday night, I'm looking forward to some posting to catch up on

Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Leadership Retreat '08, Gone for 2 Days

Why as Christians, are we taught to retreat?

We ought to always be on the attack against the unscrupulous enemy.

Oh well, have fun and learn a bunch Duane.....

Old 05-01-2008, 05:34 PM

Rev. `Duane Black,
"Lead us not in2 Temptation on the MCF"
Forbid us to post X-Rated Pic's/Video's : )
Lol - Lol
Wish you a informative/learn'in/fun time away @ your
leadership ReTreat.
Be Safe/Have `Fun..
Where is your future leading you ?
Take a picture of a Monte Carlo with you,.....
Withdrawals from the MCF can be `painful
if you're away for more then 24hrs : )
It's called MCF addiction : ) I heard it's contagious []
Especially `if you love Monte Carlo's : )
Peace Out from `Space

Old 05-03-2008, 06:30 PM

5 Year Member

I'm back!!!! We had a GREAT leadership retreat... glad to be back adn catching back up

Old 05-04-2008, 04:51 AM

Hi `Duane, & Welcome back to your Monte Carlo Home.
Tell us more about your Leadership Training.
`Space has been stir'in things `up with his crazy posts again.
He has some need to fill in empty `Spaces on the screen
before him, in hopes others will enjoy : )
Sometimes he succeeds, but many times he fails : (
Your `turn
We need you to lead us back to fun & happiness : )
Peace, from `Space

Old 05-04-2008, 01:03 PM

5 Year Member

Well... lets see... lots of things went wrong on Day 1 that we never intended on.

We started out in the community of Oxford and the surrounding areas doing community service projects. We ended up gathering at the Granville Athletic Park (GAP for short) to eat lunch provided by McDonalds. Upon leaving, the first thing that went wrong went wrong. The first bus (of 2) would not crank. I called my dad who drives a truck and used to be a mechanic, he told me to hit the starter with a hammer (all the lights cycled through, but it wouldn't do anything upon hititing the starter) . I was on my way under the bus when it started. Then we got to camp. We then did low ropes activities. We had to do a trust fall off a platform, climb a 12' high wall, walk down a metal rope (hard to explain), get from platform to platform without jjumping (called islands) using only 2 boards... lots of fun. We got back at 4:00, when our keynote speaker was supposed to show up.. he didn't make it until 6. We did an alphabet relay in that time, but had a mini, unorganized talent show featuring a guy playing piano, a guy singing, a teacher rapping, and me ripping a phone book to fill the gap. Then we had a newspaper fashion show (which was a mess, but very fun).

Then the second day... awake and eating breakfast by 8:00, doing skits involving working out a problem, a personality test, lunch, wacky olympics, anotehr speaker, and then a closing speech from the teachers.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Hi `Duane,
Your leadership abilities were proven when you were the only
one under the bus : ) Glad that you didn't get run over : )
I think I would like the fall `off the platform. I like
doing stuff like that : )
I bet the speaker that was late, was suppose to speak
on Time Management & Being on Time for Appointment
Glad you had `fun, and got to do some good in the community
of Oxford...
Now, you have to lead the MCF to new heights.
I also loved your dad's advise...`Hit it with a hammer : )
Now, that's leadership, if the people under your command
are listening, `hit them with a hammer : )
Peace from `Space : )

Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM

5 Year Member

haha, good message 'Space... thank you.

starters on trucks get bad spots in them like anything... tapping the starters can move it off the bad spot....

the speaker spoke of innocence. the man's name is Darryl Hunt. He served 19 years in prison for a crime he did not commit, was offered parole, and even the chance before he went to jail to accuse someone else and get off, but wuld not do it... here is his website, he made an organization to help innocent prisoners get out of jail and working for jail reform.....

http://www.darrylhuntproject.org/

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Duane,[/align][align=center]I would really enjoy hearing someone like Mr Hunt speak.[/align][align=center]Thanks for the link to his site. [/align][align=center]-Life is not fair to many, but he really got treated unfairly.-[/align][align=center]Did you enjoy his speech/story ?[/align][align=center]Thanks again, from `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW, That would really `suck to get sent to `jail[/align][align=center]for something you didn't do : ([/align][align=center]Our leaders need to be the Best of the Best,[/align][align=center]We get what we pay for : ([/align][align=center]18 years of a persons life ~>stolen : ([/align][align=center]I sure would miss my g/f, surf'in/friends/etc[/align][align=center]Can a person have a `puter in jail ?[/align][align=center]Can you get online to the MCF ? : )[/align][align=center]Thanks `Duane[/align][align=center]Makes me think about `life, and whose in control of [/align][align=center]taking it away [X(]? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][/align][align=center]Big Brother is Watch'in You[/align][align=center] [:-] [:-][/align][align=center]but I think we have someBad/Dumb `Big Brothers.[/align][align=center][X(]yes we `do[/align][align=center]I rather have Good/Smart `Big Brothers.[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]They Rwatch'in U [8D]4-Sure [/align]

Quick Reply: Leadership Retreat '08, Gone for 2 Days