Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Kids and stupid things they do

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Kids and stupid things they do

So, the wife and I were going to her friend's place. As we were making our way though her condo complex (and it was dark out), I heard a noise and the wife looks at me and says "Some kid just threw something at your car".
Since no one was behind me, I stopped the car under a street light and inspected it. I didn't see anything and my wife noticed the kid who ran to hide behind a building started making his way back towards the street, saw me looking at my car turned and ran.
We get to our friend's place, I inspect further (with a flash light) and find he threw an egg at the car. Lucky for me, the egg hit the sidewall of the tire and the splatter was mostly on the plastic cover of the wheel well (nothing on the paint, which amazes me).

Since our friends did not have a hose for me to spray it off, I asked for the location of the nearest power car wash. As driving through the complex, the kid now without a shirt, saw us coming by and RAN again.

Luckily, I got everything hosed off no problem. But it just bugs me (especially since I just washed the Monte and it was really clean). Lack of respect.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM

...Good thing you did not catch the kid cause you would be charged with 1st degree MURDER and if I was on the jury I would refuse to vote you guility.....

Some people never learn to respect other people, or their property....They need to be caught & taught (reprogramed)...

Glad it did not hit the paint & that you were able to get it cleaned `off...Holloween is a bad time for nice cars sitting out in the elements

Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Thanks Space, it's good to know someone has my back

I was relatively/unusually calm about it. But when were leaving for the car wash, it was now me, my wife and a friend in the car, we saw the kid running got out of the car and tried to find the kid. Luckily for him, by the time we were out of the car, he was long gone.

I think the other thing that annoys me is when kids do these things while the owner is right there (in this case in the car), the owner gets out and is willing to confront the kid, the kid runs (as to be expected). Worse, after having one person willing to confront him, it's apparent he was hanging out to egg more cars!!!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The worst part is, if you would've caught him, you would've been charged, and he would completely get away with it. He probably would've said something like you assaulted him. You get a record, he walks away laughing.

I've had a previous car hit with an egg like that before. Kids throwing eggs at cars from an apartment balcony. Landed on the hood, and ruined the paint. Good to hear you lucked out in that sense. Because if he did ruin your paint, I'd be on your jury right next to Space. Voting not guilty of course!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

And i would make Juror #3.

INNOCENT, WITH PAY!!!!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM

Juror 4 sir not guilty

Old 10-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, the thing is, like Taz said, you would have been charged because you don't have any reliable evidence that he is the one who hit your car unless you can convince him to testify. And he sounds stupid, so he might. Otherwise, the evidence is circumstantial. Unless you wife can testify that it was him.

I hope that you're coming after him scared him. When peopel are doing things like that, they are nervous, and usually very paranoid. He probably thought you were after him really bad. Hopefully that scared him straight and he learned a good lesson from this.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your cool Superior Blue SS Monte getting egged.

Originally Posted by Taz

I've had a previous car hit with an egg like that before. Kids throwing eggs at cars from an apartment balcony. Landed on the hood, and ruined the paint. Good to hear you lucked out in that sense. Because if he did ruin your paint, I'd be on your jury right next to Space. Voting not guilty of course!
Same here. Only they egged my '86 Monte with a frozen egg. It took the paint off the pass side "A" pillar. Right down to bare metal.

I drove around the block 3 - 4 times. But by then the morons were hiding. I stopped two cops who were out on the street and had them examine my car. They promised to look for the kids for me. Not that they ever caught the juveniles.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM

We shall defend & protect
Our Member's & their Monte Carlo's

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I am just glad to read it did not hit your paint...the egg that got thrown at my Monte spider webbed the paint where the impact of the egg was....It would have been worse.

I totally know how you feel though, its really irritating how hard we all work to keep our cars nice, and how little respect some people have for them. jerks!

Quick Reply: Kids and stupid things they do