Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Just A Little Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Default RE: Just A Little Project

MAN IM JELOUSE!!!!!

there is a wagon here not sure what it is and or if they would sell it but i have seriously thought of asking. I know it is a 57 just havent gotten close enough to find out what model.

del rays are not a easy find weven if they were not "rare" i know for fact they are not plentaful either LOL

Rockers are cheap!! and the paint can be changed. seems like most of the cars from that era have had the paint changed at one time or another and if not changed they were restored or repainted. but those are like red or blue most of the time but ones that were not a common color or a strange colors were not left that way most of the time.

One i had was the crokus yellow and onx black. LOVED THAT CAR!!!! but it was the one that was hit in the side and totaled it out.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your '57, Mickey.

I let three get away from me since I've been into them.
One was a BelAir 2-door Sedan (post). Black with red/black interior. Under the hood was a 235 6 cylinder that just purred. The trans was a powerglide. I found it setting in a guy's backyard. He told me to make an offer on it. I said, "$20."
He said "give me $40 and it's yours." The man even put a new battery in the car for me.
I wanted a V8 under the hood of my first car so I sold this one to a guy I went to high school with for $75. He sold it to his cousin who spray canned the car blue, pulled the 6 cylinder out and junked the car.

Another was a BelAir 2-door Hardtop I bought from $25. No engine/trans and not much interior to speak of. My parents said to get it off their property so I asked a guy in the car club I was in if his dad would let me park it on his farm. I toold the car there and guys in the same car club went over and stripped parts off of it without my permission. What was left wasn't worth saving. And the guy's dad started threatening me to get it off his property or else. I was helping a guy bail hey and he came over one day with his tractor and wagon and helped me get what was left of this car to the local salvage yard.

I also had a 210 4-door Sedan that was Colonia Cream/Imperial Ivory that was bought new by a guy who was my next door neighbor...... his uncle. This uncle bought a car every 10 years. When I met him he owned a:
'27 Chevy, 37, Chevy, '47 Chevy, '57 Chevy, '67 Chevy, a '77 Chevy and he was getting ready to buy an '87 Chevy and decided to sell one of his cars. The nephew got the '57 and sold it to me. This car spent it's life on a farm and spent extended times out on the back 40 just setting in the field. The floor had rusted completely away in the front under the seat and they used plywood to repair the floor then bolted the front seat back on to the plywood. Back then (in 1987) there wasn't that much for 4-doors like there it today so I parted the car. Wish I hadn't. It had 102,000 miles on it's original 235 6 cylinder, 3-speed manual trans, and not many toys other then a radio and deluxe heate. I kept as much as I could off this car.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM

I dont blame ya
like i siad i have had my fare share of the 55-57/

matter of fact there is a 55 4dr. that poped up recently here by where we go to get sand for the concreet plant.
and right next to is a 55 2dr of some kind. didnt see the side for the chrome to tell you the series.
but it looked liek it was done and the paint was shiny the other one the looked unrestored still

i had
56 rag top black belair. ALL stock refused to let any part of it to be anythign but stock
56 4dr belair this was parted out. But wish i had it now 3 spped on the colum and had the 283 with OVER DRIVE!!! UHHHGGGG!! wish i hadent gave it up . have never seen one since with the factory over drive rear end.
56 2dr. post org. with a 283 (yes a org. 283 not the 265. ) was the power pack version .
552dr hardtop V-8 4speed.
and the last oen was the 56 4dr belair. with windows,brakes and even power steering and a padded dash
this car was all org. I traded it off for a jeep want to kill the fool that has it now.

then i got in to Camaros and monte carlos.
and most of the time i have owne one or both at the same time.
but i think the next one will be a camaro or her rustang.