Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

June 2017 Photo Contest #2 "SIGNS"

Old 06-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I would have taken that giant boot pic just a touch lower - made it look like there was a boot on the roof of the car. Could have keep us guessing what the heck was happening there!

That barn coulda slayed the "Barn" photo challenge! It's a cool backdrop - the ugly yellow truck in the background is distracting, otherwise I'd say that was the better shot.

I was thinking last night: Since participation is so low, we should drop the limit of one submission each. It would kind of ruin the "contest" part a little as you might compete with yourself or divide your own votes, but I don't really care about that so much anymore anyways. I like the challenge. It gives me something to do with the Monte without spending money (although I tend to waste a fair bit of gas roaming for the "perfect shot").

Whataya think? We got 4 pics to choose from now...

That sounds good to me. We could each set up a voting poll and run 2 voting threads at the same time. I always enjoy taking photo's took the Camera along yesterday to visit my son and family but never got to take a shot just wasn't the right thing to take at the time.
Now on the 30th of this month the Union Pacific Steam train is going to be within 50 miles of me and I intend to get a few photo's of it in action if possible. Maybe I can follow along the route and get some interesting pic's.

I encourage folks to take a few pictures of different events that they visit or have someone participate in and have even let them use my other Camera, but they don't remember my instructions or only take one shot and it's blurry. Listen for the tone and everything is good and they won't do it. I can't even fix them in my photo shops that I use. Good thing there isn't a development cost any more??

Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry guys, I had a good one for this topic, just never got around to getting the car out.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Sorry guys, I had a good one for this topic, just never got around to getting the car out.
We haven't started a voting thread yet. I'm willing to wait and I think we're pretty loose on these things. Go get the shot!

Old 06-20-2017, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Yep go get the shot.

Yep go get the shot.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member

Okay, I'll have it here tomorrow morning.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member

Okay guys, I didn't get around to it last night. The weather looked iffy on my drive home and rain ended up moving in by 6 pm. Thanks for accommodating me, you guys can go ahead without me. I don't see myself getting it out in the next couple nights either.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 06-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Okay guys, I didn't get around to it last night. The weather looked iffy on my drive home and rain ended up moving in by 6 pm. Thanks for accommodating me, you guys can go ahead without me. I don't see myself getting it out in the next couple nights either.

Once again go get the shot and we can still include it in the Signs contest.
We had discussed having a second contest with just our rejects photo's.
So right now I made that Voting Pole up.
After you get your shot taken or anyone else that wants to make a last minute entry on this we will do one for the photographers choice.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Smile We are still looking for entries for this?? come on!!

We are still looking for entries for this??
come on!!

This one is simple and
you can find a sign nearly anywhere.
Get your Monte in the shot and you are good to go.

Take a picture!!

Search this Thread