Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

June 2017 Photo Contest #2 "SIGNS"

Old 06-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile June 2017 Photo Contest #2 "SIGNS"

Okay it would appear I am on a streak here doing the Photo contests. I am trying to get more participants with the subjects I am choosing.

So lets do
"SIGNS"
anything signs
You know the ones that are in town or along the roads you travel that are just cool and you want to stop and get a photo of.
The old Motel, Gas Station
Might even be the digital signs that are kind of funny too, or Billboards too or
the Brick Building that has some old signage painted on it.
Or the building that has a Mural painted on it.

You got this one, you can't miss!!

lets have them in by Monday the 19th of June the day after Fathers Day

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-13-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Signs and Billboards as a back drop for your car??

Signs and Billboards as a back drop for your car??
Now is the time to take a great shot.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not liking this one. I have been thinking about it and even spent an hour driving around yesterday just looking for a good shot. I could easily get some crap shot anywhere, random street sign, but that would leave me unfulfilled. There aren't a lot of billboards that I could get a shot with around here and zero Budweiser or Chevy ones. There used to be a cool sign where I got the car decaled (Auto Trim DeSign - 10 years ago!), but I checked them out again yesterday and they'd moved locations and their sign offers me nothing now.

I'm still mulling it around, but I'm fussy. The shot has to make sense...

Old 06-17-2017, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Smile You got this

Originally Posted by JuniorCar View Post
I'm not liking this one. I have been thinking about it and even spent an hour driving around yesterday just looking for a good shot. I could easily get some crap shot anywhere, random street sign, but that would leave me unfulfilled. There aren't a lot of billboards that I could get a shot with around here and zero Budweiser or Chevy ones. There used to be a cool sign where I got the car decaled (Auto Trim DeSign - 10 years ago!), but I checked them out again yesterday and they'd moved locations and their sign offers me nothing now.

I'm still mulling it around, but I'm fussy. The shot has to make sense...
What about the Signs on stores, like the Chevy Store, the Beer Store.
you got this I know you do.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 AM

10 Year Member

I took a few shots this morning while out cruisin' for breakfast and will submit this:

Name:  IMG_6560.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  301.9 KB

It was early morning and sunny, so shadows were pretty hard out there. I was only using my point-and-shoot Canon s95 and it's a better low light camera. I've taken this shot before back when we did the "At the Store". I had rejected that shot but took another one this morning in the same spot. I try not to be too pro-Canadian in my shots but that's what the letterboard was reading today. Canada Day isn't until July 1

What's different about this shot than my others is that you can just barely see my daughter in the car. Almost every photo I've submitted has at least one, if not both of the kids in the car but they're not usually visible.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 AM

10 Year Member

Rejected photo of the week is this one:

Name:  IMG_6563.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  248.6 KB

I just thought American's would get a kick out of seeing how stupidly expensive the beer is here. The sign shows the price and is hung up on the side of the building where it is actually made. Some of the same product is exported into the US where it will be sold for $18/ 24 pk. But sells on-site for $53

?????????????

Old 06-18-2017, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Well I got a bunch of signs in this one.
The restaurant is part of a Truck Stop and the are advertised as the T-Bone and if you look at the Spur Strap on the Big Boot you see it there as well.
pretty kool !!

Attached Thumbnails June 2017 Photo Contest #2  "SIGNS"-img_3095a.jpg   June 2017 Photo Contest #2  "SIGNS"-img_3093a.jpg  
Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Not an entry selection

I did like this as well but just wasn't what I wanted.
this is not an entry photo.

Attached Thumbnails June 2017 Photo Contest #2  "SIGNS"-img_3103a.jpg  
Old 06-18-2017, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Wow

Originally Posted by JuniorCar View Post
Rejected photo of the week is this one:

I just thought American's would get a kick out of seeing how stupidly expensive the beer is here. The sign shows the price and is hung up on the side of the building where it is actually made. Some of the same product is exported into the US where it will be sold for $18/ 24 pk. But sells on-site for $53

?????????????

Yes, I just bought a 24 pack and I think it was $17.00 something. Wow you would want to curb your drinking for sure.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM

10 Year Member

I would have taken that giant boot pic just a touch lower - made it look like there was a boot on the roof of the car. Could have keep us guessing what the heck was happening there!

That barn coulda slayed the "Barn" photo challenge! It's a cool backdrop - the ugly yellow truck in the background is distracting, otherwise I'd say that was the better shot.

I was thinking last night: Since participation is so low, we should drop the limit of one submission each. It would kind of ruin the "contest" part a little as you might compete with yourself or divide your own votes, but I don't really care about that so much anymore anyways. I like the challenge. It gives me something to do with the Monte without spending money (although I tend to waste a fair bit of gas roaming for the "perfect shot").

Whataya think? We got 4 pics to choose from now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.