Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ironman/Box Office

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Default Ironman/Box Office

Anyone go see the new Ironman movie? or any new movies recently?

I saw Ironman friday night and it was awesome. I went in there with low expectations considering X-men was cool but mostly a joke and spider-man 1 was good, 3 was bad. So Marvel didn't seem to know exactly what they were doing in my eyes, but Ironman went way beyond my expectations. It was fantastic (unlike the fantastic four movies which were completely horrible).

Also, a few friends and I were talking about movies in the theaters, and besides Ironman, I can't think of anything notable that seems good enough to watch. If anyone has seen anything good, please let me know! Movies with crowds of people are fun trips.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Ironman/Box Office

for me the previews ruined this movie, it looks kind of wierd to me, i will probably watch the movie, but undecided whether i'm going to the theatres for it

but its good to hear someone give it a good rating

Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 AM

I thought it was great! Of course I like all the Marvel movies though. We had a movie day yesterday, we saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" at 1:30 and then "Iron Man" at 4:30. Those are the best days, both movies were excellent.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM

[align=center]Hi `Mike & Member's,[/align][align=center]I haven't seen to many movie's, or watched that [/align][align=center]much TV in my life, but I have read a few comic books[/align][align=center]and I think I would go see Iron Man `if[/align][align=center]I could find the time.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is one of the reviews, but I heard on the radio[/align][align=center]that it has already earned over $100 million dollars.[/align][align=center]WoW, not everyone is broke : ) lol[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Iron Man Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
Iron Man movie reviews, trailers - Check out Rotten Tomatoes Iron Man clips, pictures, critic and user reviews, forums and the Tomatometer!
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/ - 83k - Similar pages [/align]

Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I thought it was very good!

I need one of those iron suits, haha

Old 05-05-2008, 03:17 PM

I loved the Ironman comic series, before and after he had his own designated comics. The only thing that I questioned for any difference was the scene after the credits. **For those who don't want to know, it is a SMALL spoiler ahead!**

Sam Jackson playing Nick Fury, in the original Nick Fury was drawn as a white male character. Of course, in the second generation he was depicted as a black character so I guess I can assume they go with that one; but that was my only moment where I said hold on, this ain't right.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM

ah cool, I liked the comic books too. Another thing I thought was cool was when the agent at the end said to just call them S.H.I.E.L.D. Thats a pretty big name drop and leads into the Nick Fury (leader of shield) scene after the credits. The original Nick Fury was definatley a white guy, but hey sam jackson is awesome.