Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do You Like `It ? ?
Yes, I like it, but won't buy one
26.32%
No, I don't like it at all : (
10.53%
I like it & I would buy one : )
31.58%
I would rent one & run the _________out of `it : )
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd buy one right now if I was ready to buy a new car, I love the aggressive evo looking front, the middle/sides look like a brute/muscular car even with 4 doors, and I like the new rear retro treatment, I'd even get it in red. Perhaps my newest favorite car, and a possible consideration down the line.

Joe

Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I'd buy one right now if I was ready to buy a new car, I love the aggressive evo looking front, the middle/sides look like a brute/muscular car even with 4 doors, and I like the new rear retro treatment, I'd even get it in red. Perhaps my newest favorite car, and a possible consideration down the line.

Joe
Hi `Joe, save your $'s cause they are EXPENSIVE 4-Sure...
I also like the Evo Look & it looks mean just sitting : )
All the cars I really like a way outa my price range : (,
but I'll keep Dream'in & $aving....
Thanks for all your contributions + super pic's to our Monte Family...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What other 4 door family cars are out there with this much power and these looks at a reasonable price. Inform me because i really am not sure. And hey try to keep it American(or so called).

Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 AM

I agree space, it will be in the 40-50K area or so, I believe a bit outta my price range, but a used one in years to come for around low 30K wouldn't be to bad for me.

And the only car I can think of is the late g8 Gxp but that is now dead untill Chevy brings it back possibly one day.

Joe

Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm trying to figure out what I don't like. I think maybe its too long. I always thought they should offer a 2 door. A cut like a foot and a half outta the body - I think it would look better...

Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Looking Pretty Good, Inside and Out
The aggressive new front end incorporates a blacked-out grille and center section, while the Hemi’s hat—the hood—is reshaped with a power bulge, air-exhaust vent, and 6.4-liter badging. There are new side sills, and the rear gets restyled, too, with the new fascia sandwiched by a spoiler up top and robust four-inch exhaust tips below. The fancy-pants, split-spoke 20-inch wheels are forged of aluminum. We think the car looks pretty damn good, and all the angry add-ons work well with the deep body-side scallop, which looks a bit overwrought on lesser Chargers.
The cabin gets its own touches, of course, most notably the flat-bottomed steering wheel—an SRT exclusive piece—and special trim for the IP and shifter surround. The seats, as before, have suede inserts and are aggressively bolstered, but this time around they’re heated and cooled as standard. Rear passengers, while they may not be able to see much out the gun-slit glass, will at least have toasty butts: they get seat heaters, too.

I like the new Charger except for that huge blacked out grill. I'm not going to mix words. I think it SUCKS! YUK!!! It makes the front of the car look like a large-mouth bass.

Cool flame job huh? Check the site out here: http://www.flamedfish.com/For%20Sale.htm

But back to the Charger...

The rest of the Charger, I like. I would buy one. But I'd definitely repaint the grill the first chance I get.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I'm trying to figure out what I don't like. I think maybe its too long. I always thought they should offer a 2 door. A cut like a foot and a half outta the body - I think it would look better...

..Hi `Brent, like U're conversion 2 a 2 door 4-Sure..

Attached Thumbnails Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?-srt8edit.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM

Honestly one of the biggest issues with gm, were there cars were so similar and lotsa in house parts that you couldn't tell one car from another...was cost effective on parts, but to much in house competition.

I think that's what would happen if the charger came in a 2 door/direct competition with the challenger would be a bad idea IMO...

A nice RWD 4 door and a nice rwd 2 door are good compliments of one another imo.

Joe

Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 AM

..Hi `Joe, very valid points 4-Sure...I like it when a auto company keeps a model & works on perfecting it each year & making it better...One example is the Corvette, First year is good and each following year they improve it...

I still think that GM could bring back several Monte Carlo Generations to life with updated mod's/suspensions/engines/tech's/etc & they would sell.
I know, it's a Space`Dream : ) But could U imagine a 4th Gen Monte with a base Vette Engine/new electronic's/updated interiors/Wheels/Suspension/etc....WoW....You can't beat a Proven DeSign, but one can improve it 4-Sure : )

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Montess2k, I completely agree.

Quick Reply: Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?