Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do You Like `It ? ?
Yes, I like it, but won't buy one
26.32%
No, I don't like it at all : (
10.53%
I like it & I would buy one : )
31.58%
I would rent one & run the _________out of `it : )
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?

Source -> Feb 11

Info - Auto Shows, so we know what's out there on the roads that we travel...
Member's what do you think of the new Charger SRT 8 ? ?
Maybe for Police Dept ? Do U like it ?

The Charger SRT8 is back, this time with 6.4 liters of fury and flappy paddles.

BY ERIK JOHNSON, PHOTOGRAPHY BY PATRICK M. HOEY AND THE MANUFACTURER
February 2011
Pages: 1 Photos
^^^^^^^^^^^
Great Photo's on above link

Vsit Our Buyer's Guide »

Dodge Charger
News & Reviews
Top Competitors

Click above 2 see more vehicles from the `Show EnJoy

The Dodge Charger SRT8 is back.
Scheduled to go on sale later this year, the 2012 Charger SRT8 adopts the 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 that first debuted in the Challenger SRT8 392, here making an estimated 465 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque. Those numbers are 5 down from the Challenger in each category, but, uh, who cares? The previous Charger SRT8 had “just” 425 hp and 420 lb-ft from its 6.1-liter V-8.
The new Hemi’s intake features active air flaps that vary the ram length based on engine speed, and new variable cam timing increases the duration of the intake-valve opening with the goal of stuffing more air in the cylinder. Fuel economy, for what it’s worth, will be improved over that of the outgoing engine, although no figures have been revealed yet.
We clocked the old SRT8 from 0 to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds, and that’s about where Chrysler pegs this new car’s abilities (in addition to a stated top speed of 175 mph). But we think it will be a little quicker than that: We estimate the car will cover a 0-to-60-mph sprint in 4.6 seconds, reach 100 mph in 11.0 seconds, and blast through the quarter-mile in 13 flat. Not bad for a four-door sedan that should weigh somewhere around 4350 pounds.
The rest of the SRT8 story may not be as mouth-watering as the engine, but it’s still pretty juicy. The five-speed automatic carries over from the last car, but this time it’s equipped with steering-wheel-mounted paddles to augment the side-to-side manumatic function of the gear selector.
The chassis has received plenty of attention, too, with a new pump for the hydraulic steering that Dodge says increases feel, as well as a standard two-mode adaptive suspension. The suspension interprets data such as steering angle and speed, vehicle speed, throttle position, and lateral acceleration to automatically vary shock stiffness. Besides the automatic setting, the driver can also select a Sport mode. Deceleration is handled by four-piston Brembo calipers, squeezing 14.2-inch front and 13.8-inch rear rotors. The brakes also incorporate a collision-anticipation function that tucks the pads snug against the rotors in anticipation of hot car-on-car (or car-on-object) action. A new underbody shield integrates brake ducting to mitigate brake fade.

Looking Pretty Good, Inside and Out
The aggressive new front end incorporates a blacked-out grille and center section, while the Hemi’s hat—the hood—is reshaped with a power bulge, air-exhaust vent, and 6.4-liter badging. There are new side sills, and the rear gets restyled, too, with the new fascia sandwiched by a spoiler up top and robust four-inch exhaust tips below. The fancy-pants, split-spoke 20-inch wheels are forged of aluminum. We think the car looks pretty damn good, and all the angry add-ons work well with the deep body-side scallop, which looks a bit overwrought on lesser Chargers.
The cabin gets its own touches, of course, most notably the flat-bottomed steering wheel—an SRT exclusive piece—and special trim for the IP and shifter surround. The seats, as before, have suede inserts and are aggressively bolstered, but this time around they’re heated and cooled as standard. Rear passengers, while they may not be able to see much out the gun-slit glass, will at least have toasty butts: they get seat heaters, too.

The huge, 8.4-inch, touch-sensitive infotainment screen controls all the stuff you’d expect, but it also displays what Dodge calls Performance Pages. The function feeds to the driver information on steering input, engine figures like available horsepower and torque, and acceleration, braking, and roadholding data. The IP can also be configured to show the performance metrics.
Among the available features are keyless entry and starting, rear cross-path detection, blind-spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control with crash-warning functionality. There’s also a 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman/Kardon stereo, but we’d probably never use it. Why would we, when the best soundtrack of all will be scored by your right foot?

Last edited by Space; 02-14-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Show Coverage From the C/D Blog »
Production and Concept Cars »

Last edited by Space; 02-14-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 AM

^^^^SWEET ^^^^^
POWER 2 THE PILOT : )
C/D Blog: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Base Price: Around $47,000
http://bcove.me/vj58dtaq

Free Movie of new ZL-`1 Camaro
Poor Man's ZR-1

Last edited by Space; 02-14-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm still on the fence about that SRT8. Its definately aggressive appearing. I like the tail lights, but I'm not sure they fit. An improvement anyways. I won't be buying Chrysler anytime soon. Chrysler should be so ashamed of themselves for that precious 200 - its crap!

This was the fist I've read of the Veloster. Some good reading here 'Space!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
This was the fist I've read of the Veloster. Some good reading here 'Space!

Thanks `Brent, it's great 2 read that my post was a good investment of my time/life : )
I do like what the Korean Motor Companies are producing for the masses...They have come a long way in a short time with their products...I see many on our roads 2day...I think we can learn from them 4-Sure....
I kinda like the new Veloster...It's kinda weird but innovative in so many ways....Look 4ward to seeing one when they come out this summer....I just seen a new Elantra this morning @ the gas station & it's a baby Sonata, but it looked nice.

It has a lot of tech stuff that will appeal 2 many....
Ford's new Focus will compete, along with Chevy Products...

Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

I think the new Charger looks an awful lot like a Mitsubishi Evo. Don't get me wrong, I would drive it. I think it needs to lose the European styling though.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Ehh I'm not sold on it so far...that "style" it's got going on should've stayed on the Evo...the Evo can pull it off wayyyy better then the Charger. I like the gen before this one better. & I didn't realize it was AWD til yesterday when I was watching one of their commercials (which was hysterical!) Honestly, I'm not a fan of where Chrysler is going with their cars...the Durango is absolutely hideous, I've never been a huge fan of the newer Rams, the Dakota is awful, the 200 is ehh, & it just goes on & on. The only vehicles I like that Chrysler is offering nowadays is the new Wranglers are awesome with the new interior design, the Cherokee is pretty sweet, I like the Challenger of course, their vans are still descent, I haven't really gotten a look at the new Journey's & I'm not sure if they have a 2011 Viper or not

Old 02-14-2011, 11:33 AM

i think that looks pretty cool. i agree with the evo part.. i thought it was a evo at first. i dont think the tail lights work with it but its still a cool car. but ill keep my monte

Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'd buy one, but only in black.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It's not terrible looking. I do think they should have kept it a little closer to the look they had cuz now it looks like several other cars on the road. I guess if you look around every make and model have a twin

Quick Reply: Info - Auto Shows, What's out there on the Roads ?