Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   I think my brothers crazy what do you think... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/i-think-my-brothers-crazy-what-do-you-think-33931/)

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:27 PM

OF course lol

forgotten 02-02-2012 09:33 PM

I agree with everyone else. its the menality. I have a good friend in which his whole family is huge on domestics, but his little brother thinks he knows everything. he has gotten himself a little 90's 4 door accord that has become his project, has put on his 50 hp rims and jdm body parts... not to mention he actually got a tattoo saying some more nonsence about jdm and has the nerve to put on fb a pic that says F Domestics with a little ricer integra flicking off a mustang. Makes me want to go to where he lives and knock some sence into his metric sized head.

KJRich 02-02-2012 09:34 PM

Ask your brother if he is familiar with the term "crank walk.":rotfl:
And Gregg, I rather like the 3.0 Mitsubishi V6 in my '90 Daytona.:p:thumbsup: Until it breaks, I suppose.;)

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by forgotten (Post 415510)
I agree with everyone else. its the menality. I have a good friend in which his whole family is huge on domestics, but his little brother thinks he knows everything. he has gotten himself a little 90's 4 door accord that has become his project, has put on his 50 hp rims and jdm body parts... not to mention he actually got a tattoo saying some more nonsence about jdm and has the nerve to put on fb a pic that says F Domestics with a little ricer integra flicking off a mustang. Makes me want to go to where he lives and knock some sence into his metric sized head.

Its all about what you prefer honestly I think most imports are jokes, they are basically getting huge though because of all the movies you see that street racers have them. I really don't car if my american car has 240hp or even less if it means I have to own an intergra or a civic to have 500 hp I'll pass anyday because ik I'll never use it and what does treet racing really accomplish. The parents of lost teens from these tragic accidents know what it feels like and what street racing does to families. Trying to prove you eagle talon is better than a mustang and getting kille din the process is really not worth it.

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 415513)
Ask your brother if he is familiar with the term "crank walk.":rotfl:
And Gregg, I rather like the 3.0 Mitsubishi V6 in my '90 Daytona.:p:thumbsup: Until it breaks, I suppose.;)

:rotfl: idk if he is but I do know hes framiliar witht he sound "boom" well something of that sorts as every car he buys ends up junked in 3 months from street racing or extremly heavy beating

forgotten 02-02-2012 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 415516)
Its all about what you prefer honestly I think most imports are jokes, they are basically getting huge though because of all the movies you see that street racers have them. I really don't car if my american car has 240hp or even less if it means I have to own an intergra or a civic to have 500 hp I'll pass anyday because ik I'll never use it and what does treet racing really accomplish. The parents of lost teens from these tragic accidents know what it feels like and what street racing does to families. Trying to prove you eagle talon is better than a mustang and getting kille din the process is really not worth it.

yep. For a daily driver, I could see getting a civic or any other import (except sentras, seperate story) for alot of reason, but the (fake) tuner thing that movies have put warped their minds into a cultlike adolescent stupor.

zjerry 02-02-2012 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 415408)
So he decides he wants to tear it apart and make it at least 605 hp eclipse feel free to comment.

Now that is funny a 600HP eclipse..:rotfl:

Mr.Monte 02-02-2012 09:57 PM

SOOO dumb. why put 600hp in a tin can?

Franks 03SS 02-02-2012 10:10 PM

he's just jealous, him and his friend :rotfl::p, eclipses are gay :) he'll learn his lesson one day and buy a monte :D and his friend a Ram :)

mousehousemoparman 02-02-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 415487)
His friend gave me a bunch of grief over having a 99 ram 1500, he said Dodges are total junk and the Ram series is the worst because of the trannys basically he is someone who thinks american cars are trash and any truck is junk unless it s adiesel, all this coming from aguy who has no lisc and owns a 2000 eclipse that he has put over $4,500 into to ge tit to run correctly.

You can only fight those comments with cold hard facts. Fact number one: the engine of choice for top fuel dragsters are HEMI's. A Dodge engine that was developed almost sixty years ago. Fact number two: Dodge used to build the Torqueflight transmission. For durability, reliability, and performance there is nothing out there that can compare to it. Even when it was horribly abused it usually would still get you home. Fact number three: those JUNK DODGES seem to break all records at most of the auction houses for highest prices paid going across the auction block. No insult intended guys but a hemi Challenger will bring in more money that almost any 396 or 454 Chevy. I guess they are not so much junk after all.