Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   I think my brothers crazy what do you think... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/i-think-my-brothers-crazy-what-do-you-think-33931/)

Taz 02-02-2012 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 415451)
I intend to let him make his own mistakes I've learned from mine and hopefully he will. I wish he'd take it to the track but honestly my brothers a complete idiot he tries to even race grandpas and when they dont co operate on the highway with his challenge to race he basically swerves at him. I know he wont go to a track he is big into the whole street racing thing. My fear and sad realization is he will get killed street racing or because of his cokyness. Its a hrad thing to swallow but I hope he is humbled someday soon so that neither of those fears become a reality.

If he's that much into street racing, I doubt anything you say will change his mind. Many states like California crush all the seized street racers. It sounds like your brother's car, and his friends cars will end up like the ones in this video...

Crush Em !!! ...illegal street racers cars crushed - YouTube

xxtheshockerxx 02-02-2012 09:05 PM

not gonna lie i love how that sti sounds. they are badass

Taz 02-02-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 415466)
I hope the law does get ahold of him joining the marines jsut made him more cocky and hes still got the attitude of wanting to go overseas to just kill people. He really is an idiot.

That may change once it sinks in that this isn't xbox 360, and there's no reset button that gets you un-blown up by a roadside bomb and such. But I'll let the members actually in the military speak to this instead.

mousehousemoparman 02-02-2012 09:11 PM

You asked for opinions so I will give you mine too. All of Taz's remarks are right on the money. I was 19 once a long time ago. At 19 you are by law considered an adult and are expected to make adult decisions. The fact is that 19 is still quite young and most 19 year olds are still very immature. At 19 it is an insult to be called immature or even for someone to allude to it. At 19 I was the same way. At 19 I knew everything and if I felt I wanted help I'd ask for it. That didn't happen often because I was to immature to see beyond my nose. Anyway you get the idea. Hopefully your brother will grow up before he hurts himself or others. I feel what you are saying and feeling because I'm the parent of two adult children. If you say the wrong thing you alianate them. So you have to sit back and let them learn from there mistakes.

As far as Mitsubishi automobiles are concerned all I can say is this. Mitsubishi and grenades have much in common. It's only a matter of time and they are both gonna blow up. Most of them have pretty blue smoke coming out the back before 100,000 miles. I've had their 3.0L V-6's in a few of my Chrysler minivans and I have their 2.4L inline four in a PT Cruiser. The engines were and are the worst part of these vehicles. The vans smoked and burned oil and the PT Cruiser dropped a timing belt on an interference engine. Who in their right mind would engineer an engine to bend valves when a rubber belt breaks. Pure genius in my book. So expecting 600 HP out of one of these things is lunicy. That doesn't include the transmission, transfer case, axels, and wheel bearing that are going to take a dump because they were not designed to handle that much power. Be thankful you are not footing the bill. Hopefully you and your brother can patch up your relationship. By the way what's wrong with a Dodge? Haha.

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:12 PM

Love the video taz :)

monte carlo 3831 02-02-2012 09:14 PM

jet chips make great hp gains, tell him he needs one of them........

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman (Post 415480)
You asked for opinions so I will give you mine too. All of Taz's remarks are right on the money. I was 19 once a long time ago. At 19 you are by law considered an adult and are expected to make adult decisions. The fact is that 19 is still quite young and most 19 year olds are still very immature. At 19 it is an insult to be called immature or even for someone to allude to it. At 19 I was the same way. At 19 I knew everything and if I felt I wanted help I'd ask for it. That didn't happen often because I was to immature to see beyond my nose. Anyway you get the idea. Hopefully your brother will grow up before he hurts himself or others. I feel what you are saying and feeling because I'm the parent of two adult children. If you say the wrong thing you alianate them. So you have to sit back and let them learn from there mistakes.

As far as Mitsubishi automobiles are concerned all I can say is this. Mitsubishi and grenades have much in common. It's only a matter of time and they are both gonna blow up. Most of them have pretty blue smoke coming out the back before 100,000 miles. I've had their 3.0L V-6's in a few of my Chrysler minivans and I have their 2.4L inline four in a PT Cruiser. The engines were and are the worst part of these vehicles. The vans smoked and burned oil and the PT Cruiser dropped a timing belt on an interference engine. Who in their right mind would engineer an engine to bend valves when a rubber belt breaks. Pure genius in my book. So expecting 600 HP out of one of these things is lunicy. That doesn't include the transmission, transfer case, axels, and wheel bearing that are going to take a dump because they were not designed to handle that much power. Be thankful you are not footing the bill. Hopefully you and your brother can patch up your relationship. By the way what's wrong with a Dodge? Haha.

His friend gave me a bunch of grief over having a 99 ram 1500, he said Dodges are total junk and the Ram series is the worst because of the trannys basically he is someone who thinks american cars are trash and any truck is junk unless it s adiesel, all this coming from aguy who has no lisc and owns a 2000 eclipse that he has put over $4,500 into to ge tit to run correctly.

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 415485)

:rotfl:

BlackRainSS 02-02-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 415485)

Forgot to mention a guy on the chevy fan page posted a pic of his 2001 chevy 1500 5.3 that was "chipped" told of its amazing 550hp, so many people tore him apart over that :rotfl:

monte carlo 3831 02-02-2012 09:19 PM

I'm glad you understood that......:cool: