Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I Solemnly Swear This is TRUE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I Solemnly Swear This is TRUE!

Gotta go visit the the folks. Wife says: "No Monte. Honda. She's driving" OK, Let's go. Mass Turnpike westbound. Traffic cruising at 75. Honda fresh out of JiffyLube that morning. Making time. Having a good day of it. Big Sign says: Left Lane Closed Ahead. Get into Right Lane. See brake lights and traffic stopped ahead. Wife turns on Flashers get into right lane and slows down. Traffic is stopped. We stop.

BAM!

Rear ended by GMC 9 Passenger Van. We are in shock. Guy gets out of Van comes to Driver side window to see if we are OK. We are. Cannot see other drivers head. Can read embroidering on Van Drivers shirt. Embroidering on shirt says: Hamdem County Sheriff's Dept -- Safety Officer. We get out and survey damage. Rear end of Honda is wiped-out! Front end of Van looks no worse for wear. Except bent license plate. Bent Plate from Impact.

Plate still very easy to read! Commonwealth of Mass. POLICE 64861

We get nailed by THE Guy who is responsible for Safety Training to all the Police Departments in the State of Massachusetts!

I hope he turns-in the paperwork because I got aches and pains all over. Plus, I think my Funny-Bone's fractured!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I Solemnly Swear This is TRUE!

Wow thats crazy! glad you're (mostly) ok

funny bone is a nerve though haha

Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 AM

Hi `Rick,
I hope that you and your wife are `ok today, with
no pains. It would have been great `if you had pictures : )
I think I would feel safer in your Monte : )
Was there a accident report ? Was your Honda driveable ?
It's dangerous out their on our highways of `life.
I wonder if the driver will keep his `job ?
I wonder a lot
Please keep us updated. Wish you and family a safe `journey.
Peace, from `Space

Old 04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

funny bone fractured! lol

Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW!!! Fate had it in to save the Monte from destruction. Did he have a brake failure or was he just not paying attention?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 AM

First off, Hope everyone is OK. Get a good Lawer and enjoy the NEW car compliments of the state of Mass.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I hope you guys are OK. I wonder what kind of damage would have been done to the monte if it had gotten it. If it were me though, I would rather be a little hurt in the honda and have it wrecked then not get hurt at all but have the monte wrecked.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:20 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]
I've just been involved in a motor vehicle accident. Do I need to report it? If you are involved in any type of motor vehicle accident (no matter how minor) you must stop and identify yourself to the other driver(s) or property owner(s) involved. If the damage to the other vehicle(s) or property exceeds $1000.00, or if someone is injured (no matter how minor), or if one of the vehicles involved has fled the scene then you must report the accident.

What are my responsibilities once I've been involved in an accident and I need to report it? If any of the criteria from the question above apply, you should immediately contact the local police department of the city or town in which the accident occurred (for contact numbers for the Hatfield Police Department, click here). Your safety is of the utmost importance. If you can do so safely, move your vehicle to a safe location, such as the side of the road. Try not to alter the appearance of the accident scene or alter any damage to your vehicle. Attempt to get your driver's license and vehicle registration, and hand those documents to the investigating officer upon his arrival. Once the officer arrives, you will be asked a series of questions regarding the cause of your accident. Do not try to assess blame or make accusations regarding other drivers or people involved. Just state the facts, and the officer or your insurance company will make the final determination of who is at fault. You must also complete a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Operators Accident Report. You can obtain a copy of this form at any police department in Massachusetts or at any branch of the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. You can also dowload the form right now from our web site by clicking here. You will need three completed copies of this form. The first copy must be forwarded to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The second copy must be forwarded to your insurance company. The third copy must be forwarded to the police department of the city or town in which the accident occurred. You can get the mailing address of the Hatfield police department in the Contact Us section. It is also a good idea to keep one additional copy of the accident report for your own records.

How long do I have to file an accident report? Under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 90, section 26, you have five business days to file an accident report if any of the criteria from the question above apply. Your license can be suspended or revoked if you fail to submit an accident report within this time period.

[b][font=arial][color=#

Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM

glad to ehar you are ok and still have a good sens of hummor about it.

but have to say that MASS. would be buying me the new honda that runs on hydrion. LOL

and make damed sure that the injurys are in good shape get a good lawer!!

btu that is funy to hear.a safty officer hitting you!!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear you're okay. Tell them you had the brand new spoiler for your Monte in the trunk of the Honda, and they owe you a new one. LOL. (just kidding)

Quick Reply: I Solemnly Swear This is TRUE!