Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I refuse to do it

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it was 35 here this morning and 29 in sunriver

Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

It was 55 this morning in NC... kidn of unusual for this time of year in my experience in NC. Should only last a couple of days. However, my mother grew up on a farm wtih her grandfather in the 1950s-60s, and she claims taht we are having all of the signs of an early winter. The hummingbirds are going south 2-3 weeks early, certain birds are around earlier, the leaves are already beginning to change colors.....

Buckle down boys, could be a rough one....

Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM

Lakeland Florida weather: sunshine, lows in the 70's highs in the 90's- sunshine, lows in the 70's, highs in the 90's. Oh I'm sorry that would be gloating. That's not a nice thing to do. Hehe. This is one of the reasons I moved here to Florida from Vermont. The only thing we shovel down here is beach sand on a warm sunshine day. OOP's there I go again. Move to Florida, you don't have to put your toys away for the winter.

One more thing: Early Winter =Global Warming my A**.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It was supposedly snowing in a town around here yesterday.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:17 PM

I love the snow and the cold for about a month, then I'm through with winter. I don't love having to spray my car every two days because of the salt, etc etc

Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
It was 55 this morning in NC... kidn of unusual for this time of year in my experience in NC. Should only last a couple of days. However, my mother grew up on a farm wtih her grandfather in the 1950s-60s, and she claims taht we are having all of the signs of an early winter. The hummingbirds are going south 2-3 weeks early, certain birds are around earlier, the leaves are already beginning to change colors.....

Buckle down boys, could be a rough one....
Yup. They've been getting progressively worse the last few years. I may need to take the truck when i go to Mom's for Christmas, despite the abysmal 15mpg. I can drive pretty much anything in the snow but if it snows like it did last Christmas and I'm not already on the road, I'll need the ground clearance to get rolling. Luckily I was out on the main roads and out of mom's neighborhood when it started getting bad. Otherwise I probably would have been stuck.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM

One year while living in Vermont I saw it spitting snow in AUGUST. I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I have seen it spit snow here in central Florida an January. It melted as soon as it hit the ground. The coldest temps I deal with down here is 26 degrees except when I have to work on a walk in freezer at work. Then it is -15 degrees. That's is enough of a reminder of Vermont.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 PM

i live in jersey. not uncommon to see mornings in the teens or lower. thank god for remote start.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Plenty cooler up here aswell. They're going on and on about global warming, yet the past 2 winters we've seen alot of snow, go figure. But I love living here, get heat of summer and dead of winter. So for me, snow and winter? bring it on, snow never stops me.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Plenty cooler up here aswell. They're going on and on about global warming, yet the past 2 winters we've seen alot of snow, go figure. But I love living here, get heat of summer and dead of winter. So for me, snow and winter? bring it on, snow never stops me.
The government and the tree huggers all know that the temp changes are on cycles and that man has nothing to do with it. The glacier melt has nothing to do with global warming but in fact is because of a fissure that has opened up in the surface of the planet that is allowing heat to excape from the core of the earth and that is melting the glaciers. The government and the tree huggers can't admit that they are wrong because the flow of money they have would stop and they would have to reverse legislation that they shove down our throats.
The information about the glacier melting was in last months issue of Mopar Collectors Guide. Every month they do an article about the enviromentalists and or the government lies about how automobiles are the sources of all evil.

Quick Reply: I refuse to do it