Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Was I outta line???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:08 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I've been in your shoes a couple of times so I know what you're feeling. Try to not let it bother you and as others have said let it go. Don't let someone else ruin your experience with their inconsiderate actions.
Theres no way I'll let one member being mean stray me away from there. I love seeing what others do to their trucks and getting advice on tires, lift etc. So I'll continue to log on and ignore him if he takes it any further.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I definitely don't think you're out of line. But as sad as it is, not everyone joins forums for the right reasons. Some are just there to act above and beyond the rest and cause issues. Whereas, here, most if not all members just have a general appreciation for Monte Carlos and there owners, and if something gets out of hand it is dealt with rather quickly (in most cases)

Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 PM

Got on and the guy actually apologized. Funny part was I looked at another thread entitled F-150 owners whats your age or something like that found the guy and he's 17 barely turning 18 and has 3 kids and is married. I would have expected more kindness from a married guy with 3 kids. But even though I'm not much older (21 will be 22 in november) I have to admit when I was 17 I had that kinda jerkish attitude also along with the I know it all thing at that age.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

17 married with 3 kids Alright then.... Ever forum has some a holes except this one. Honestly of all the forums i've been on this forum contains the nicest bunch of people. no one is overly cocky or rude or so on. We all get along like one big family

Old 06-16-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
17 married with 3 kids Alright then.... Ever forum has some a holes except this one. Honestly of all the forums i've been on this forum contains the nicest bunch of people. no one is overly cocky or rude or so on. We all get along like one big family
Yup 17 married and 3rd kid on the way. Pretty interesting. Everyone on here is nice and welcoming in my opinion.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll keep this relatively brief. WE are a "G" rated forum. PERIOD! I just deleted a post that crossed MY line of what's acceptable, and it was posted Friday. Where's MY line? IF you can have your 6 year old child, or grandchild, sit on your lap and browse the MCF with you, and you don't have to explain something "adult" oriented, no matter what it is, or hide some vulgarity, then that's what the MCF is about. I'm proud to be a moderator here. There should be no posts, PM's, ANYTHING on THIS forum that you should have to apologise to you child, grandchild, or your grandchild's parent about. Name calling is STRICTLY prohibited, even in PM's. We ARE a FAMILY FRIENDLY CAR FORUM, AND we are proud of it!

This is the ONLY car forum I'm on. The only other forum I'm on is a green tractor forum.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Yup 17 married and 3rd kid on the way. Pretty interesting.
Yeah just let it go.,And I dont think you were out of line .

Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 PM

If i wasnt out of highschool was married and had 3rd kid on the way I would be pissed too.

BTW one of my favorite ford trucks of all time is the f150 with the 300 6. Yea a 460 or power stroke is nice but the 300 will last longer then you if you take care of it.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah you definitely weren't out of line, he just flew off the handle real quick. At least he apologized.

RocknSS you have me wondering if I posted anything Friday.... :O

Some forums are just full of cocky douchebags though. There are some Honda forums like that, but the Prelude forum I'm a member of is great, lots of info, help and entertainment. Definitely not a G rated forum though.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
RocknSS you have me wondering if I posted anything Friday.... :O
No, not you. There was some posting from someone that doesn't realize that this is a car forum, not a medical or counseling forum. You want to say something like "I fell and broke my arm", or even "been down sick with the flu", that's OK to post in the off topic section, such as in the daily blog. Just keep it simple and to the point. No graphic details please.

We're a "G" rated forum, and we intend to keep it that way. The old term "rose colored glasses" was just threw at me, and my response was "more like dark sunglasses". I want any kid of any age to be able to come here, as long as they are Monte Carlo Freaks, like us!

As a reminder, here are the general MCF rules:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ne...m-rules-10023/

Quick Reply: Was I outta line???