Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Was I outta line???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:48 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Was I outta line???

So I've never been a cozy to the idea of joing other Forums. I joined this one and loved it. Well when I had my Dodge I joined one (which I will not name) and it was a nice forum. However it was mainly focused on the 2010-2012 models. Even though it was setup for all. So I kinda felt left in the dark most times. I told myself I'd never join another one again. Well after having my truck 7 months I decided to join on of the many f150 forums. So far it was going great. Founds a few guys from Iowa also. Everyone was welcoming and helpful to my questions and then a guy got cocky with me. There was a thread that said whats the coolest thing you've done to your truck for under $100 bucks. One guy said a tank of 93 ocatne. I was curious so I looked at his profile and it had zero info on his truck. Ddint even say it was an f-150!! So I said " random question, but why do you run 93 octane" hoping I would get some build info on his truck. Well I quoted in while it was with anothe mebers comment. and he rudely shot back with "why the hell are you butting in where you dont fing belong. Its not random I asked him how much 93 was to fill his truck because I know it has extensive work so butt out." I was shocked. I wrtoe back (and did it nicely and calm nothing mean) I basically said I was asking the other guy who is running it not asking you and saying your question to his was random. I also said I looked at his profile before asking the question therefore I feel it was not a stupid one. The only mean line I ahd was at the end and it said "no need to get bent man" So was I out of line aasking a simple question since they obviously knew each other yet i didnt? Was it so wrong of me to ask?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

From what i'm reading. No your not out of line. No matter if its a truck car boat club. Theirs always some BUTT HEAD in a group. Just write it off. No big deal. Thats one of the pit falls of an on line club. In person he'd most likely never would have stepped in. Just like the little guy in the bar always wants to be the TOUGH guy; lol. I'm REALLY surprised that hasn't happened on our site. Only takes one to destroy a good thing. Your cool let it go.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:22 AM

Words can be very powerful & paints a picture of the person posting. From your above words, I don't think that you were wrong, but there are many on the World Wide Web that use their words to attack and are very rude....

On the MCF, each member has the power to block member's posts if they don't like what they are posting...
It's Simple "Don't Hurt with your Words" `Ok

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> Dealing with Troublesome Members
?

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:
Through your User Control Panel:User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links (look 4 this symbol)~> in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

Click above link for more infor/faq's about the MCF
Thanks

Yes, there are ignorant people in our World...I do my best to avoid them...They can make ones Internet experience a sad experience, instead of a happy one...
What’s the Picture Your Words are Painting

What’s the Picture Your Words are Painting | Riding the Waves of Personal Development

Old 06-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure writing back to explain myself wasn't bad. I tried to correct it and show I mean tno harm but I was simply asking. If he says something mean back I'll ignore it. Because I enjoy the Forum. I know I'm pretty new there (45 posts) but its no reason to treat someone like they're stupid. I love this forum. I've seen some members have their moments but most of the time its ones that go inactive shortly after. Most everyone on here has put up with my questions that I'm sure have been asked numerous times before, and I think its because they understand I was/am relatively new to learning about my car.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah just let it go. I dont think you were out of line at all. It is a public forum so anything anyone adds is not butting in IMO. Also if they want to have a private conversation every forum I have ever seen has a Private Message system. All in all I would'nt let it ruin your experience on the site as a whole. If it keeps happening you could always contact a moderator and let them know what keeps happening.

Rick I have seen a few topics and people get out of line on here a few times but our staff usually puts them in check real quick. That's one of the things that keeps this forum running so smooth.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Words can be very powerful & paints a picture of the person posting. From your above words, I don't think that you were wrong, but there are many on the World Wide Web that use their words to attack and are very rude....

On the MCF, each member has the power to block member's posts if they don't like what they are posting...

Yes, there are ignorant people in our World...I do my best to avoid them...They can make ones Internet experience a sad experience, instead of a happy one...
What’s the Picture Your Words are Painting

What’s the Picture Your Words are Painting | Riding the Waves of Personal Development
Thank you Space! I think you are 100% corrrect. People may not realize it since it's online, but the things you say and how they are said paints a picture of what kind of person you are or can be when others see these things.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Yeah just let it go. I dont think you were out of line at all. It is a public forum so anything anyone adds is not butting in IMO. Also if they want to have a private conversation every forum I have ever seen has a Private Message system. All in all I would'nt let it ruin your experience on the site as a whole. If it keeps happening you could always contact a moderator and let them know what keeps happening.

Rick I have seen a few topics and people get out of line on here a few times but our staff usually puts them in check real quick. That's one of the things that keeps this forum running so smooth.
Letting it go will be very easy. I wrote a simple nice response posting in better detail what I meant by it. I will for sure not let that ruin me being there. I like the forum thus far, it has helpful members and a lot of welcoming others. I also understand that since I'm a bit of a noob there that it will take time for me to feel welcome so I watch myself very closely. I don't give much advise since I'm new there even if I've had the same problems as I know they will look at the post count and look at how long I've owned my truck and disregaurd it. I don't mind it because I know a more common member will chime in to help.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 PM

I don't see anything out of line there. Seems like a legitimate question to keep good conversation going.

I used to belong to a forum for S-10's when I had mine. I found that every question I asked on the forum was answered with some kind of "what are you, stupid??" kind of answer. They were all about who's truck was fastest and who was the biggest gearhead. Needless to say, I am not on that forum anymore for more reasons than the fact that I don't have my S-10 anymore. I hope you run into more decent people on that forum. It sucks when one person spoils it for others.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been in your shoes a couple of times so I know what you're feeling. Try to not let it bother you and as others have said let it go. Don't let someone else ruin your experience with their inconsiderate actions.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by mairj40
I don't see anything out of line there. Seems like a legitimate question to keep good conversation going.

I used to belong to a forum for S-10's when I had mine. I found that every question I asked on the forum was answered with some kind of "what are you, stupid??" kind of answer. They were all about who's truck was fastest and who was the biggest gearhead. Needless to say, I am not on that forum anymore for more reasons than the fact that I don't have my S-10 anymore. I hope you run into more decent people on that forum. It sucks when one person spoils it for others.
I know what ya mean there. Theres members that don't mod much but love their truck on there, and seems to me they have a place but the other guys don't like them much. Some threads on there are basically all about whos trucks fastest, biggest lift and tires, or all about the EcoBoost. Which to my suprise after reading there most that buy theirs trade it off quickly. They say the MPG compared to the 5.0 or the 5.4L is only about 3.5-5mpg better and that is has considerable less power. I won't let a little thing like this bother me and keep me away from logging on though.

Quick Reply: Was I outta line???