Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I Need Me Some Education

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I Need Me Some Education

MP3 players and IPods.

Differences? Similarities? One better then another?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: I Need Me Some Education

Same o, same o.

Some are both Video and Music, others are just music. Bought my daughter a 2G, and then a 4G, and now she wants a 16G

Old 02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I see you can buy a 4GB on ebay for $40.

But I have no clue what to look for in an MP3 player?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, for the "Education" part, Ipod is actually spelled iPod, that might help you look cooler amongst the younger crowd

Personally, I think I am the only high school student left who doesn't have one, nor want one. Can't stand having something in my ear....

Old 02-10-2008, 08:00 AM

[align=center]Hi RJ,[/align][align=center]I don't have either, but I want to, just hasn't been in[/align][align=center]my budget : ([/align][align=center]IPOD can only play mp4's while MP3 players can play, yep, you guessed it, MP3's and also WMA's. MP3 players allow you to drag and drop diferent songs one at a time or as many at a time. IPODs only allow you to syncronize your whole playlist from your computer.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
What's the difference between an MP3 Player and an iPod?
Click on below links for more `infor[/align][:-]It pays 2 do your HomeWork : ) [:-]
[color=#810081][size=1][u]
What's the difference between an MP3 Player and an iPod?, po...
Re: What's the difference between an MP3 Player and an iPod? Ipods advantage - they are cool. disadvantages - price, Can only play mp3s, Itunes (included ...
rateyourmusic.com/board_message/message_id_is_19... - 19k - Similar pages
http://rateyourmusic.com/board_messa...find_is_195263
What's the difference between an ipod and a mp3 player? And ...
What's the difference between an ipod and a mp3 player? And if you have an Ipod do you need a subscribtion? Answers: an ipod is a type of mp3 player - it's ...
www.ceqna.com/music-players/538-1-music-players.... - 5k - Similar pages
http://www.ceqna.com/music-players/5...c-players.html
Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Apple iPod shuffle (512 M...
iPod Shuffle 512MB... what does a $50 difference mean to you? [b]...[/

Old 02-10-2008, 06:55 PM

I got an iPod back in the summer of '03. That was before anyone knew what it was and everyone at school asked me what it was. One of my friends got on a few weeks later and we had the first iPods in my school, possibly town.

As an Apple fan I'm quite biased, but I've never had a problem with my iPod and I'm on my second. The first was a 3rd Gen 10G, ran out of space so I got my newer 5.5 Gen 80G.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:59 PM

I dont like the ipods, seen too many problems with them, and no format support. I personally like the Zen's or the Zunes. I had a zen vision M, and now I have a MS ZUne 80 gig. The main difference is the format support. Ipod supports MP3, and its own protected Rights management format, while the zen can support MP3, WAV, WMA. Zunes, MP3 WMA the two major formats. Another difference between them is the video support. Ipods have to have a SPECIFIC format, or it will not work. Zunes and Zens can play a variety of formats, and the Zune software automatically converts the video to a format it can play if it is unsupported. The Zen is better for video with Xvid, DIVX, WMV, MPG, Zune I think is only WMV, but like I said, it automatically converts for you. All in all, I would say go with a creative, as there is a wide base of format support, but the zune is a bit nicer, and will have a games platform coming in spring from what I've heard. Apple already does support some basic games, but squircle > clickwheel for games IMO.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I'm only interested cause I'd like to have it to use in my '06 Monte.

I have heard of people receiving shock from using an iPod. Wasn't one person stuck by lightening wearing one?

Well, for the "Education" part, Ipod is actually spelled iPod, that might help you look cooler amongst the younger crowd

Sorry younger crowd.

I will not spell iPod wrong.
I will not psell iPod wrong.
I will not spell iPod wonrg.
I wlli not spell iPod wrong.
I will nto spell iPod wrong.
I will not...........

Old 02-11-2008, 12:53 PM

[align=center]LOL ~ LOL `RJ,[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I will not spell iPod wrong.
I will not psell iPod wrong.
I will not spell iPod wonrg.
I wlli not spell iPod wrong.
I will nto spell iPod wrong.
I will not...........
[/align][align=center]Thanks for your Humor & Posts[/align][align=center]I wasn't sure either on how to spell Ipod or iPod : )[/align][align=center]Thanks to Professor Cowboy, we stand corrected : )[/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]This post was worth the break from my studies : )[/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space[/align]

Old 02-11-2008, 04:20 PM

Well I have an Alpine deck in my car, and I bought an ipod cable that plugs into the back, and plugs into my ipod, and it allows me to control my ipod from my deck. It makes it so much easier. My ipod sits in my glove box. I suggest getting an iPod. I have the newest one 160gb, with 65 gigs of music on it, and growing day by day, so all I do is push random and listen to all my music. Never hear the same song twice for like, a month haha. I don't really use it for movies though. Its to small to watch a movie on.

Quick Reply: I Need Me Some Education