Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008 | 03:08 PM
|
Default RE: I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that works. as for payments... what are those? just paid her off!!!!!!! hell yeah!

Old 10-07-2008 | 06:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I know there are the die-hard RWD people out there, who refuse to be convinced that any FWD is worthy of being called a muscle car. But I think the people giving you a hard time may be doing it just to make you mad.

I mean, watch this video and tell me that launch doesn't sound really darn good.

2006 Monte SS launch video

That isn't me in the video. Some of our long time members know who this is. It's Craig, avery good friend to many people on this site.

I agree with what Cort said about the driver being a major factor. When I owned my 91 Cavalier Z24 (with the 3.1 litre engine), I was being challenged by a lot of idiots at a near by high school. They challenged me, I didn't challenge them. They were driving daddy's Mustang and wanted to show off infront of their friends. Too bad for their inexperienced driving skills. The would be spinning their wheels and fishtailing while I was getting further away from them. Of course I didn't win all the time, but I did manage to make a number of guys look really stupid infront of their friends and the girls they were attempting to impress.

Old 10-07-2008 | 07:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How about the factory Cobalt drag car. Something like 1,500-1,600hp Ecotec 4 banger! You don't think that thing runs?
How about ZZPerformances 900+hp, 9.01sec GP. I've looked at that car at ZZPerformance, along with a couple of others there, including their Cobalt. Or this statement from ZZPerformance's homepage:

Congratulations to Bob Cook for being the first FWD 3800 in the 8's. 8.949 @ 157.08 Here is GM's car:

You want to talk speed, how about the Maxton Mile. Looking for the Hot Rod article showing the Mitsi' Evo that hit 200 in the mile. I'll post it when I find it.

Old 10-07-2008 | 08:32 PM
|

how do you get that much hp to a four banger???????
but im not a fan of the sti's, and evolutions. i give them credit for what they are capable of but i think that if you wanna go fast..........V8. really fast supercharged V8....... really friggen fast twin turbo V8..... holy crap wered that come from....http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-...0-list/.....if you have that kind of money.... customfab yourself up a supercharger on the non turbo ones push yourself couple thousand hoursepower!!!!

Old 10-07-2008 | 08:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

The point of the Cobalt tho is to show how much RELIABLE power CAN be made from these Ecotec motors. We have 350hp from our 2.0L Ecotec, looking to go to 420 next spring, with STOCK internals. The drift Solstice cars are running 700hp.
And an 8 second 3800 FWD!

Old 10-07-2008 | 08:43 PM
|

oh god yeah that is awesome.... how much money it took to get it there tho.. you know

Old 10-08-2008 | 11:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Going fast has a direct relationship to how much money do you want to spend?

I found a guy's web site on the net where he claimed to be getting over 400 hp out of his 2.5 Mopar 4 cylinder. And he had videos of the car making trips down the 1/4 mile.

Old 10-08-2008 | 08:17 PM
|

some times i jsut dont get why people want to go and spend 30000 bucks to make a 4 cylender go fast. i used to work with a guy who got a civic hatchback and decked it out for drag. he ran over 30 pounds of boost into a acura intergra 4 cylender. 30000 just to make the engine go fast. then the new age like stis, and evos, they spend time and money trying to get them right. theres a kid at school who supposidly has 800 hp evo. its always in the shop tho. i just dont get it. i guess its a love affair....mayby

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:35 PM

I love the sound of a v8, which is why I have owned so many. I have ridden in the new corvette, 426 hp, which is amazing. The best car I have ever scene and been around for power though was a Toyota Supra. 1200 to the rear wheels. Dude took a turbo Hybusa from a roll on I15 in las vegas. They ran 50 to 150 and the supra pulled him everytime. Somewhere there is video on the net of it. Driver/rider has a huge impact, but I never saw him lose to a motorcycle in a race. My point is that preference and customizing ones own ride is what makes things so much fun. Your preference is to supe up av8. No replacement for displacement. Others love to squeeze the power out of 6 and 4 bangers. Some like FWD. Some like AWD and others prefer RWD. To each their own. If I could build the perfect car it would be light weight, mid engine, and lots of power. Enjoy the ride.

Edit my memory was a little off on the speeds of the roll. Here is the youtube video. Owner of the supra is a cool dude. Super friendly and helpful. He sold the car years ago on ebay and did all right. Also that looks like the 215 not I15. Iwas pretty sure it was I15 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqa_1syyFU

Old 10-08-2008 | 11:09 PM
|

irony here....... the person i bought my current car aka my carlo aka. jenn..... had purchased a toyota supra.
that is cool what they can do with all the supras and stuff tho. i mean what car can hold its value like that.... the guy i bought my car from bought his stock supra twin turbo for liek $50000..... good thing i got that car when i did steal!!!!

as for the displacement.... my father is the proud owner of 2 zo6's. one 2003, the other 2006 (beast) there is nothing that will ever compare to the great feeling of great american muscle.

Quick Reply: I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!