Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I have a confession to make....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I have a confession to make....

Yea...We all have that itch...the addiction..
Its the itch to gun the throttle, hear the roar of the engine..the smell of rubber..

I do admit I've been very bad this passing 2 weeks..Finally have a friend I can truly enjoy driving with. Plus my recent upgrades to the suspension the feeling from the ride alone is exhilarating.

Last night him and I went stargazing one last time to watch the meteor shower and layed some serious rubber down when we left..He had a 6 speed mustang with him (his monte is currently not registered) and both of us were ripping up the parkinglot. The ground was perfect...the fog had just settled, and the pavement had a little moisture on it..the air was cool..perfect for that high boost. I decided "hey, lets see if my barely working e-brake will work!" and what do you know it did...Traction off...Held down my brake until 3k and let her loose. She sat there perfectly, barely dragging the rear with smoke bellowing up until I took off the e-brake and launched forward....
So I look behind stunned at what I've done, pull up next to him with both of us mouths to the floor..Looking at eachother, then the heavy black marks layed down on the lot. She layed an almost equal amount of rubber as my friend's crazy burnout the night before in the mustang..

I promise I'll get a picture in the next few days or so..It would be stupid to go back now with what we've done with our cars in that lot in the past 3 days!
Now I promise no more...gotta make my tires last until spring!

Now, I'm done story telling....Time to fess up! What have you done!

A song to fit such an addiction...

Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat. Not to long ago I had my first race against a mustang and that was the first time I had ever really pushed my car and I loved it. I normally baby the thing because I feel like if I don't then the transmission will spontaneously combust haha. And since then I got some new mufflers an tips installed and my car absolutely sounds amazing. I will try to post up a video here in the next couple days when I get some free time. I have been not so much pushing my car, but I have been driving my car and getting on the gas a little faster and all around just enjoying my car. If my trans goes out then I will just upgrade the trans to one that can hold a lot more power. I've got some money set back just in case. So I have really just been enjoying my car, I haven't been pushing it or ******* on it but I haven't been babying it either.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great Story Red, makes me Sorry to admit, I'm Not Guilty, YET!!! But that day will come when, like you, I have a story Worthy of The Telling!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
Cool

Jen:
Your a baaaadazzz girl!
PS:
I did a cpl times when it was new..
But I haven't beat on it since (13 plus yrs later)

Last edited by STUMPMI; 08-13-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
Yea...We all have that itch...the addiction..
Its the itch to gun the throttle, hear the roar of the engine..the smell of rubber..
That's the addiction most car guy's & gal's have..roar of the engine.& the smell of rubber..

Old 08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Have to say I don't really abuse mine. I did more so right after I bought it, and yeah I still open it up and floor it once and a while and have fun but even then it's not all the time. Just driving it and hearing the V8 is a blast. I mean, it's not a race or drag car so I just don't see the point in putting strain on parts and wearing stuff out quicker than it really needs to be, especially since the transmission on these cars isn't a strong point. I want the car to be in good shape when it's 20+ years old.

A friend of mine had a 3rd Gen Camaro and pushed that car so hard all the time and abused the crap out of it. He ended up blowing the motor, and honestly who knows how the car was treated before he got a hold of it, but my point exactly.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Have to say I don't really abuse mine. I did more so right after I bought it, and yeah I still open it up and floor it once and a while and have fun but even then it's not all the time. Just driving it and hearing the V8 is a blast. I mean, it's not a race or drag car so I just don't see the point in putting strain on parts and wearing stuff out quicker than it really needs to be, especially since the transmission on these cars isn't a strong point. I want the car to be in good shape when it's 20+ years old.

A friend of mine had a 3rd Gen Camaro and pushed that car so hard all the time and abused the crap out of it. He ended up blowing the motor, and honestly who knows how the car was treated before he got a hold of it, but my point exactly.
I bought my 2005 Monte SS in jan 2007 with 15,000 miles
at 16,900 miles it spun a cam shaft bearing. GM installed a new engine
for FREE under warranty..

Old 08-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

The way I see it, why have a fun car and not drive it like a fun car.. If you break stuff oh well, just means it was going to break anyway! Rather have fun doing it than break it doing nothing.

Gotta learn to live a little! I guess I was born on the wild side

Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well mine was born to be bad as well Jen. I'm more likely than not punishing her whether at the track or when that random race comes up. It was built to be a contender and I rather enjoy wrapping up the motor and putting the hammer down. And break parts it does, seems like everytime I turn around it's back to the shop. Kind of gets old, it's down as much as it is up, but thats what happens when you build a fast car. If it ain't broke your not pushing it hard enough. I was out this past saturday evening running a few cars, managed to surprise an STI enough to where he followed me to pull over and see what had kicked his butt. Gets kind of sketchy running to hard, never know when your coming up on a black out drive police cruiser. So you have to pick your battles.... Cool to see another member getting a few kicks.... Go Red Nightmare

Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Zen

There's nothing wrong with a little fun every now an then
Nothing like laying down some 11's eitherjust try to stay under 160

Quick Reply: I have a confession to make....