Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I hate speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 AM

I guess I am lucky. All of the cops I have ever dealt with were there because of something I did i.e. speeding. Sure some were jerks about it, but I just always figured the stress they go through each time they pull someone over is reason enough. They never know who is going to pull out a gun. That being said of course there are bad cops just like in my profession there are bad teachers. I have deserved every ticket I have got all 15 of them all though I also felt a ticket on top of a major accident i was in was questionable, but I was at fault in the accident.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Todd, I can only imagine how much the Oregon DMV loves you...
did that NOT put you in an Sr 22 situation???? I hate them OHP... they nailed me all the time in my G5...

Old 08-09-2009, 09:07 AM

Robyn, only 3 were in Oregon at one time. All of the others were in different states who did not tell Oregon. My insurance sucked though.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:54 AM

But you're lucky they didn't tell oregon or you wouldn't have a license!!! My ex husband got three in one year (more like 3 in one month) and they took his license with a quickness. It didn't raise our insurance any thank goodness (how I will NEVER know) except by about maybe 10 dollars... I used to like state farm... then I came here and got a quote for my monte and they handed me some ridiculous figure and I have a clean driving record and I just laughed...

Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cops do suck, but not all of them.

I was caught racing last year on the highway, I was clocked 108 in a 65 (I was actually off the gas at the point I was clocked because I already won and we were doing our let offs) When the cop came up behind me. I promptly pulled over and followed all the procedures, and then he started talking to me about my car. He was asking me if it was mine, etc. etc. Then asked me why I was speeding, and I was just flat out honest with him. I told him that this guy was egging me on, and I decided to take the bait, and I just worked on my engine and I was testing it all out. And he just laughed and walked away.

When he came back, he said the law is that you lose your license in PA if you were 36+ the speed limit. He gave me a ticket that said I was doing 85 in a 65, so I only got 4 points and kept my license. He said to take it easy from now on. In a couple of months, I'll have 3 of those 4 points off my license (In PA you lose 3 points every year you don't get pulled over)

So yes, I was pulled over, but it only cost me $208 and I kept my license, when he could have taken everything from me right then and there.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Mike, you're lucky. Damn lucky. our state highway patrol aren't EVER that nice... ask the one who pulled me over in Snyder / Hanover Pa (I was coming down from Upstate NY headed to Carlisle) in my dad's minivan a very unassuming not pimped out vehicle because I was trying to get out of the way of a tractor trailer who ALMOST ran me off the road and squished me like a bug... he was hiding on Hwy 11/15 behind a bush IN SOMEBODY'S DRIVEWAY no less and said he clocked me at 85 in a 55. I asked the cop if he even saw the tractor trailer that almost ran me off the road and he so totally didn't care. Thank god the judge let me off, the stupid cop tried plea bargaining with me down to 70 in a 55 i was like yea I think I'm taking this to trial... the judge let me off the hook because the cop had absolutely no recourse when I mentioned that I either got out the way of the tractor trailer or I became fish bait...

Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM

15 Year Member

It's just nice to get pulled over with someone that likes you car I guess

Old 08-10-2009, 10:02 AM

I know that if you get pulled over for racing here they can take your car and license. We just had a kid convicted of manslaughter because of racing. They blew through an intersection and hit another car and killed the driver. Be safe out there....

Old 08-10-2009, 10:08 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Be safe out there....
I promise you, it's only ever when I visit my parents and on a deserted highway. My parents live in the middle of no where, and it's not uncommon to drive 50 miles down the interstate without seeing another car.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Yup... you lives out in the BOONIES. In oregon, even in portland or medford whatever, they have a lot of kids who basically have no idea what they're doing, own a bunch of tuned out ricer mobiles, and they race all along the I-5, sometimes on crater lake highway where there are cops galore, even in residential areas. They're stupid for one... and yes in oregon they will take your license and your car if they even think you're racing.... ask my ex husband how our g5 got impounded, cop thought he was racing, when really he was trying to get out of the rice mobile's way because HE was racing.... I'm tellin you it's a jungle out there... people need to be safe and if you're gonna race KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!

Quick Reply: I hate speeding tickets