Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I HATE ILLINOIS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: I HATE ILLINOIS

now they make stickers for the rear windows that you can see through from inside like nothing was there, but looks perfectly solid on the outside'

that would really through that cop off

Old 09-29-2006, 08:24 PM

oh really? That'd be cool if I could get a chevy symbol like the one I got on the back window like that. I'd give him hell if he wrote me a ticket for that.

MonteriderLS

Old 09-29-2006, 08:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: monteriderLS

I live In Mo. And its illegal here too. talk about odd. . .I have my windows tinted 5% in back and two small windows and 20% on the door side windows and when I got pulled over for no front license plate because I have the cover, he even looked at it and didn't say a thing. The second time I got pulled over for no license plate the private lake cop told me my chevy symbol was illegal on the back window. But he never said a word about my 5% window tint. So I asked him why it was illegal. . . .haha, he said because it obstructing my view out the back window. . .so by this time i was pissed and I said "officer, look. . .Its not obstructing my view. . .I saw YOU pull me over didn't I?" Yeah, he was pissed. . .and just told me to get a license plate and walked back to his car. Never a word about how dark it was. Crazy police. . .

MonteriderLS
In California, you only have to have to have only one other functional mirror beside the left door mirror to be legal. So you could literally spray paint the rear window solid and still be legal. You should see some of the crazy 3 foot Raider and Dodger stickers that the SUV's drive around here with on their back windows.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 PM

well you can do that here in MO too. The only thing thats illegal is the front windows. You can't have those darker than 35%. And they even have a little light meter they use here. Its rediculous. I've heard from a couple friends of mine that they are doing away with this law here. It'd be really nice. But I don't care. I've never gotten pulled over for it, and never seen/heard of anyone get pulled over for it here. So oh well. And I know what you mean about the 3 foot stickers. Alot of people do it here too with the chiefs stickers.

MonteriderLS