Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

i do not like the police..

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default i do not like the police..

OK!!! so about a hour ago i'm on my way home from wal mart. by myself minding my own business just enjoying this nice peaceful cruise home. i see a guy standing on the corner at the right of me and a cop car right next to him in the parking lot while i'm going through the inersection..as the light is turning yellow.

i'm on my way to go through downtown and in my mirror out of no where there is a cop on my ***. i'm like...ok? i'm pretty sure i did nothing wrong. eventually he pulls me over. i'm like sh*t! what the hell! maybe i have a light out. he comes up to me. "know why i pulled you over?" i said " i honestly don't know sir" and he goes about saying "did you put your seat belt on just now?" this question kind of startled me as i always wear my seat belt. Always. I'm like "..what? no? I always wear my seat belt.." haha then he goes about saying "i know you weren't wearing your seat belt so are you going to start telling me the truth?" wtf?! he takes my license and registration. goes to the car

second cop leaves. bout a couple minutes later comes back. out walks this guy i saw standing on the corner. "how you doin tonight" he says. "did you see me back there? i was right there and i saw your seat belt just hanging down and not across your chest." i asked him if he was sure because i know for a fact 100% i had it on the whole time. "am i sure? i just saw you! and you weren't wearing one! there are street lights and i can see just perfectly!" i kept on arguing with the stupid f*cker. i wouldn't waste his time if he had been right. but he wasn't! i have a $100 ticket to pay now too!

here's just a little description of the setting. mind you it is 130 in the morning. i am wearing a dark shirt and a darker coat, my interior is black, it's dark outside, the traffic lights aren't bright enough to see inside a vehicle, he was on the very far side of me. there is no way this guy should be so sure!

i'll post a picture of the intersection up tomorrow. this is absolutely ridiculous . there would be no way for that (Blank) to judge if i were wearing a seat belt or not.

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: *2 remove (Hate) & add (Blank).
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

I believe in seat belts due not only to the annoying charms reminding me to put -em on but I also have two charming daughters who will also chime in...I understand making it law but I don't like the idea of the law allowing this to be the sole reason for a pullover. myself I tore my left shoulder rotor cuff a couple years back so the shoulder strap actually rides under my arm which coul be a ticket for missuse of safty equiptment if they wanted to stretch it. sound like the cop was being a jerk and you just happened to be convienet....protest the ticket...

Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Hi `Drew,

"Don't judge all by the acts of a few"
Sorry to read that you got a ticket from one of the bad ones.
I hope you are successful in resolving this incident.

Life is not always fair 4-Sure...I respect the need for those
that enforce the laws of our country, but there always
seem to be a few that abuse their powers.
Sorry to read that you may have met one

I hope that you don't judge `all for the wrong acts of one.
Good Luck on your case 4-Sure.

"Power corrupts, and I agree that some should not be in the position of power"
Police officer's are public servants, and it's up to each community to
monitor those that enforce the laws, and support the majority that do.
And get involved in your community to remove those that do not uphold the oath/laws
that they are sworm to uphold.

We all need our public service personnel to keep the peace in our World.
To me it's not a easy task in todays world.
It seems that law enforcement personel have become
Human Garbage Collector's : (
There are many in our world that do not obey any of the laws
to protect you, your family and others that desire to
live in peace.
They are out there on your highways of life ~>4-Sure.
It's sad, but it seems to be reality...
What are you doing 2 make it better ?
(Space looks in2 his mirror: )
4-Sure.

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

WOW, that sucks. I understand your frustration with the situation, take it to court and fight the ticket. Use the points you mentioned as grounds for fighting. Take pictures of the intersection, etc and just be prepaired to lay everything out on the table for a judge.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

no shet they just jad a thing on the news about the pigs doin that, fight it to me that sounds like entrapment

Old 03-18-2010, 08:00 AM

I wonder how the cop just happened to have that guy there as a witness. Sounds like a setup to me.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 AM

Yup go to court and plead not guilty.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM

Fight the power that be! Fight the ticket 'cause if you don't they will do it again.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 AM

i do not like the police.. - i .. do not like the police. Monte Carlo Forum

While doing research on this subject I observed that Drew's
Thread statement was found on a Google Search to be
seen by anyone on the World Wide Web.

What we post can be seen all around Planet `Earth.
Please think, b-4 you post.
?

MCF Rule
2. While debating and discussion is fine, `Respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks..

Thank You

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM

Like everyone else has said I would fight it. Go back at night around the same time, have a friend either drive the intersection and you take pictures or vice versa, I would use the same car wearing the same clothes so that you can point out just how easy or difficult it is to see. Zoom in, try to make it as airtight as you can, if your zoomed all the way in and can BARELY make out the seat belt, it would prove your case better IMO because it's a still shot as close as you can get and yet it's barely obvious that your wearing it. Good luck and keep us informed!

Quick Reply: i do not like the police..