Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I caught a family of mice... All alive but now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I caught a family of mice... All alive but now what?

Well as title states I've been flipping my garage upside down recently trying to find the mouse that was chewing on the car inflated plastic car bubble, well he crossed my path just earlier and I went after it full force sure enough I found him and 4 other mice in a little spot behind a cabinet I have on the floor. Was gonna kill them (always did before) but since having kids I think that changed my prospective on this in this matter. I have them in a plastic container with a small pot with food and another with water and they're next to a heater to keep them kinda warm-ish.

I'd let them free outside but there's a foot of snow everywhere here and I feel bad if I let them freeze to death, can I do anything to free them but spare them their lives? They're out of the shock state of mind now cause they're moving around eating and drinking in this plastic tub.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 AM

know anybody that owns a snake?? lol!!

Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How compassionate of you Habbie! I am happy that you have chosen to spare their lives. Most would not, but I wouldn't either. I have a pretty strict "no-kill" policy in my life. Obviously you can't nurture these critters throughout their entire lives. If you lived in my town, I'd suggest you drop them of at my workplace. It's lousy with mice, but we don't really mind. Maybe you know someone with a barn? Or someone with a workplace like mine in an industrial plaza sort of place where they can't do a lot of harm. Just sneak 'em into a parts store and cut 'em loose! Of course, there's no promising their next captors will be so kind...

Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I can't think of anything on how to spare there lives with that much snow and being so cold. Your a good man though for not killing them. If they were in my garage they would of been dead long ago no questions asked.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
How compassionate of you Habbie! I am happy that you have chosen to spare their lives. Most would not, but I wouldn't either. I have a pretty strict "no-kill" policy in my life. Obviously you can't nurture these critters throughout their entire lives. If you lived in my town, I'd suggest you drop them of at my workplace. It's lousy with mice, but we don't really mind. Maybe you know someone with a barn? Or someone with a workplace like mine in an industrial plaza sort of place where they can't do a lot of harm. Just sneak 'em into a parts store and cut 'em loose! Of course, there's no promising their next captors will be so kind...
I read your post this morning and you gave a great idea, I took them with me to work and since I'm the one who opens up the shop in the morning I'd be the only one in the building for an hour or so plus I've seen a few mice there before so I let them go free in the shop which is climate controlled too so wish them the best of luck. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have to give you a . When I lived in South Jersey, there was a family of Chipmunks that lived behind my tool box. (My Tool Box, My Garage, those were the good old days)
I caught them one buy one and found there were 7 of various ages. A family.
Knowing they were Ferrol, I took them out to the woods and set them free. It was Summer so they would be warm. And since they were wild. I new they would be fine.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Ill take em! lol!

Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

LOL that's funny!!

Old 03-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL soo Funny !!! Id like o take some wild animal to work but it would be much bigger than a mouse

Old 03-05-2015, 06:33 PM

I would let a moose loose in the shop If I can lol. It'll keep my guys on their tippy toes lmfao.

Quick Reply: I caught a family of mice... All alive but now what?