Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How did you come across your Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM
1 Year Member
Default How did you come across your Monte?

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this has been a made thread or not. But I was curious about how everyone came across there Monte. For me I had originally gone to this dealership to look at a 95' Pontiac firebird Pro am III edition that only had 29k original miles for $5000. However when me an my dad test drove the car it just didn't feel quite right, and also I was used to a v8 and not a v6 so I was not really enjoying the power difference. So I decided to go home and think about it. And as we were pulling out to go home the 06 Monte SS pulled out of there garage and was put into the parking place. So I decided to ask the guy what they were asking for it and he said $15K. Well I hadn't planned on getting a car loan for that much as I wasn't sure if I could pay for it on the salary best buy pays. So I decided to go ahead and head on home and continue looking for cars. We didn't even make it 5 minutes down the road when the dealership called seeing if we wanted to come back and see if we wanted to try and see if we could get the price down low enough to be able to afford payments. Well, we decided to go back and the rest is now history. We managed to get the payments down low enough and I drove home in my 2006 Monte Carlo SS. Oh and by the way, I think I made a good decision because this was a year ago now and the firebird is still there now for $9000. 1995 Pontiac Firebird Pro Am Edition For Sale In Durham NC - Durham Auto Mart <------- if you want to see

So whats everyone else's story?

Last edited by iMuf; 10-09-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I special ordered mine form the Factory!

I did it my waaaaay!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

After my lumina's engine blown a day before I left to go on vacation, when I came back home my dad told me about a red monte carlo ss that was sitting in a parking lot near my house. Well when we went to go look at it when I got back it was gone. Later that day I found the car on craigslist and we contacted the owner. He told us he moved it somewhere else. So when we went to look at it the car was not there and neither was the owner. We almost just left and said forget about it but then he just took it to a car wash. So we test drove it and it seemed in good condition and me and my dad took it to my uncles shop to look underneath it and we ended up decided to buy it for $7500 with 65000 miles.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I was off of work one day and wondered in to Shaheens Chevy for an oil change. I saw an 06 Monte SS and took it out for a test drive picking Wifey up at her work for lunch in it. My line is "look what followed me home" Ronda specified what kind of financial deal she would want with the dealer.

I took the demo car back and then ordered the Deuce! Been in love with her every since (the Deuce that is always loved Wifey)

Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I had an 02 monte SS that i adored, and when little things started to break on it, my mom got sick of helping me pay for the repairs and told me "It's time for you to get a new car!"
She would help co-signing.
I knew exactly what i wanted. I could've got a brand new avenger, Orrrrr what i wanted which was a V8 Monte!
i only found 2 around my area, a red one, Which my 02 was a red one, and Black Licorice. I decided for the black one to get a different color.
Test drove it and bought it the next day!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I went into the Chevy dealer to look at 2 door Cobalts. Saw a black SS on the show room floor, loved the look of it. The sales guy then told me he thought he might have a car i'd be interested, that happened to be heavily discounted because it was a brand new 2006 (we were in June 2007). So he took me around back to show me what turned out to be my Monte. Fell in love with the comfort, color and car as a whole.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

YelloJAC was on Craig's List for at least 6 months before I bought her. In the pics she looked Nice but I wasn't into the Yellow. I was looking for a Black, Dark Blue or Lite Brown SS. After seeing others that Really were not worth the $$$ or effort, and seeing YelloJAC in person, I had to have her and despite the work I've put into getting her to run right, I Love My Monte!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

So, first things first, the reason I have the car I do now. October 2010, my yellow 2003 Monte Carlo SS was totaled when some lady made an unprotected left turn in front of me at a large intersection not 5 miles from my house. I was on my way home from the UofM football game; the Michigan/Michigan State game to be exact. Anyway, that car was my daily driver and being a college student at the time I had to find a replacement quick.

Now to my current Monte. I started searching the morning after the accident. After searching for a week, and going to look at one exactly like it in West Lafayette IN, I found my 2006 Monte Carlo SS on Autotrader a week after the accident. This particular car was located down in Sidney OH on a dealership lot. It was a Sunday morning when I came across the car so I decided to make the trip down to take a look at the car that day, literally a half hour after I came across it. Since it was a Sunday, the dealership was closed so all I could do was look at it but just from looking at it I decided I wanted the car and wanted to make the trip back to further look over the car and, if all was well, pick it up. Called the dealership the following morning and they set the car aside to hold so we made the trip back down five days later that Saturday. Well, everything looked great so exactly a week after looking at the car, and a week after the accident, I purchased the 2006 Monte Carlo SS I have now and it's been an awesome, fun car every day I have owned it.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I try to be proactive and I was saving for the eventuality of replacing my '94 Grand Am. I began liking the looks of the '00-'05 Monte and the fact they had the 3800 Series 2 in them. In 2008, I began shopping for a replacement to my daily driver. I had no rush so just took my time.
Found mine 4 hours away on eBay. Long story short, I spoke with the seller, extended an offer that I felt was fair the car was the way he claimed it was, he wanted to wait until his auction closed. Auction closed, not meeting his reserve, asked if my offer was still good, arranged to meet me halfway, I looked the car over, I felt I was getting a great deal, I handed him the cash, he signed a title over and I became a Monte owner.
I originally planned to park the Monte during the winter and keep driving the Grand Am until the wheels fell off (I did not think I'd get crap selling a '94 Grand Am with over 150,000 miles in 2008). Ever since I got my Monte in 2008, it has not been on a winter road. I got the mod bug and modded the Monte and last year, I replaced the '94 Grand Am with an '02 Grand Am. The Monte is safe from the winter weather.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I noticed it sitting on the dealership lot. It was a dealership demo.

Quick Reply: How did you come across your Monte?