Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How 2 `be `Happy Tips : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question How 2 `be `Happy Tips : )

Tips for Happiness in Daily Life

1. Buy a Chevy Monte Carlo
2. Drive a Chevy Monte Carlo
* If you don't want 2 `be Happy ?...
Stop Reading Now
and Don't Drive/Own a Chevy Monte Carlo
by Remez Sasson
Daily life can be made happier. It is a matter of choice. It is our attitude that makes us feel happy or unhappy. It is true, we meet all kinds of situations during the day, and some of them may not be conductive to happiness. We can choose to keep thinking about the unhappy events, and we can choose to refuse to think about them, and instead, relish the happy moments. All of us constantly go through various situations and circumstances, but we do not have to let them influence our reactions and feelings.
If we let outer events influence our moods, we become their slaves. We lose our freedom. We let our happiness be determined by outer forces. On the other hand, we can free ourselves from outer influences. We can choose to be happy, and we can do a lot to add happiness to our lives.
What is happiness? It is a feeling of inner peace and satisfaction. It is usually experienced when there are no worries, fears or obsessing thoughts, and this usually happens, when we do something we love to do or when we get, win, gain or achieve something that we value. It seems to be the outcome of positive events, but it actually comes from the inside, triggered by outer events.
For most people happiness seems fleeting, because they let changing outer circumstances affect it. One of the best ways to keep it, is by gaining inner peace through daily meditation. As the mind becomes more peaceful, it becomes easier to choose the happiness habit.
Here are a few tips for increasing happiness in daily life:
1) Endeavor to change the way you look at things. Always look at the bright side. The mind may drag you to think about negativity and difficulties. Don't let it. Look at the good and positive side of every situation.
2) Think of solutions, not problems.
3) Listen to relaxing, uplifting music.
4) Watch funny comedies that make you laugh.
5) Each day, devote some time to reading a few pages of an inspiring book or article.
6) Watch your thoughts. Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, start thinking of pleasant things.
7) Always look at what you have done and not at what you haven't.

Sometimes you may begin the day with the desire to accomplish several objectives. At the end of the day you might feel frustrated and unhappy, because you haven't been able to do all of those things.
Look at what you have done, not at what you have not been able to do. You may have accomplished a lot during the day, and yet you let yourself become frustrated, because of some small things that you did not accomplish. You have spent all day successfully carrying out many plans, and instead of feeling happy and satisfied, you look at what was not accomplished and feel unhappy. It is unfair toward yourself.
8) Each day do something good for yourself. It can be something small, such buying a book, eating something you love, watching you favorite program on TV, going to a movie, or just having a stroll on the beach.
9) Each day do at least one act to make others happy. This can be a kind word, helping your colleagues, stopping your car at the crossroad to let people cross, making a positive post on the MCF, giving your seat in a bus to someone else, or giving a small present to someone you love like `Space : ). The possibilities are infinite. When you make someone happy, you become happy, and then people try to make you happy.
10) Always expect happiness.
11) Do not envy people who are happy. On the contrary, be happy for their happiness.
12) Associate with happy people, and try to learn from them to be happy. Remember, happiness is contagious.
13) Do your best to stay detached, when things do not proceed as intended and desired. Detachment will help you stay calm and control your moods and reactions. Detachment is not indifference. It is the acceptance of the good and the bad and staying balanced 4-Sure. Detachment has much to do with inner peace, and inner peace is conductive to happiness.
14) Smile more often. Easier said then done in today's world 4-Sure...Wish the reader more happiness....

Post what makes you `happy...Share your tips with your Monte Carlo Family, or what works for you...Thanks & We wish you a Happy : ) Oh, your choice

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 AM

...You don't have 2 go 2 Space 2 find `Happiness ?
It's within `You 4-Sure

to you 4-Sure...
Now, go out & `be Happy
We all only get one `Journey in this Life.
Whose Driv'in your `Life ?
Take control & drive it where you want 2 be
`Happy

Last edited by Space; 09-04-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was going to post about driving a Monte Carlo :P

Just yesterday I had a pretty crappy day at work, when I was on my way home, no one was going to be home yet, so I just went for an hour cruise in my Monte. Really put the smile back in my day.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Yes `Mike, I agree that driving a car that you love
can make one really happy 4-Sure

"For the Love of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo"
Thanks for posting/sharing.
I can imagine/picture the smile on
your face as you are just cruising around
in your Dream Machine.
You are one of the fortunate one's

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM

Happiness for me generally consists of shredded tires, rubber smoke, and some sort of forced induction.

Seriously, happiness = forced induction. I used to be a boostless 5.0 Mustang guy, but something about boost (of any sort) is just so gratifying.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 AM

Sometimes you have to search for happiness.
It's out there `if you want it, but it takes effort.
It's your choice to be happy or sad.
Driving a Monte Carlo makes many `Happy
4-Sure.
Wish you the reader a `Happy
Now